• I agree but,....

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I don't agree

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Don't care

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No not really ! If Political Islam were the reasons why we liked or disliked a Leader then Khomeni & others from the Muslim world who've used Islam for Political purposes would be high on our list - They are not !

On the other hand some of the more Secular & Nationalistic leaders like Saddam, Shah of Iran, King Faisal, Gaddaffi etc. are admired in Pakistan for their guts & their stances even if we may not agree with all they did to their own people !

Pakistanis like Erdogan for one reason & one reason alone - Governance !

Turkiye before Erdogan was just as bad or as good as the rest of us; in fact the Pakistan of the '60s & the '70s was considerably more economically developed than Turkiye - Why ? Because of Political Islam or Secularism ? No.....because of better Governance that even prompted the South Koreans to come to Pakistan during Ayub Khan's time & copy our Economic Model !

After that the Iranian Revolution, the Arab response to that, the Afghan Jihad & our own ample mistakes monumentally foOked up the country otherwise we would've been pretty much arlight !

We like Erdogan not because he wants to create a Islamic State out of Turkiye or wants to Secularize Turkiye even further - Frankly....we don't care either way because thats for the Turkish People to decide !

We like him because he came....took the Economic Policies of the '90s (Kemal Dervish's I think) & institutionalized them for the betterment of Turkiye & under him the Sick Man of Europe that Turkiye still was in many ways became an emerging economy to rival any present in the EU right now !

He came & ensured that Turkiye which was for a time looking to the EU to let them in was now in a position to show the EU the middle finger so far as joining the EU was concerned !

Naturally we admire him for that !

So far as banning Alcohol or Islamizing the Turkish State or Secularizing the Turkish State is concerned - Why in heaven's name would we care either way ?

If Turkiye were to become the Islamic State of Turkiye - What difference would that make to us ?

Likewise if Turkiye were to become Secular to the point of being Anti-Religious State - What difference would that make to us ?

As far as the Israel thing is concerned - Its about perspectives !

Most Turks go ape-sh*t about anything that has anything to do with Turks or Turkic People or Turkishness or any of those Ethnic Undertones !

Most Pakistanis behave pretty much the same way when it comes to Muslims !

For you guys your Ethnicity matters above everything else.....for us our Religion does - If supporting or opposing a country on the basis of one isn't wrong then I fail to see how could it be wrong in case of the other ?

@Sinan @xenon54 @Cuneyt Arkin
OMG, that bored the shit out of me

Anyway my overall point is that some rebels don't justify not being friends with arabs especially when we have had a good long history with them.. From personal experience all of the arabs I have met spoke highly of the Ottomans.

PDF doesn't reflect what people think in real life.

If you ask me they would have priorities over others because we would be one of the only countries that cared.

------------------------------------

Regarding the kurds: Islam can bring us together with them because other than that we don't have that many commonalities. Islam will also help fight off PKK ideology. I have experienced this myself.

Thank You ABI for all it seems like you have Many Information about this conflict. People like you make me happy.

@others i Would like to say that Iam Not trying to troll. I want just Freedom

I want a strong Turkey without Nationalism .

I want turkey with tolerance and with Great People without conflicts.

Kaan Has a Point there with Islam

-Peace At home Peace At the world

Thank You ABI for all it seems like you have Many Information about this conflict. People like you make me happy.

@others i Would like to say that Iam Not trying to troll. I want just Freedom

I want a strong Turkey without Nationalism .

I want turkey with tolerance and with Great People without conflicts.

Kaan Has a Point there with Islam

-Peace At home Peace At the world
No problem. I know kurds pretty well. I went to the south east and I stayed in peoples houses for days, we ate together, toured cities, prayed etc.

From personal experience all of the arabs I have met spoke highly of the Ottomans.

Who wouldn't ? The Ottoman Empire is thought of very highly in Pakistan too ! :agree:

Regarding the kurds: Islam can bring us together with them because other than that we don't have that many commonalities. Islam will also help fight off PKK ideology. I have experienced this myself.

Thats something like what happens here in Pakistan; otherwise I - an ethnic minority who's barely 3% of Pakistan - would end up becoming a minority....a second-class citizen in my own country if Pakistani Nationalism were to be based around a single 'ethnicity' !

Who wouldn't ? The Ottoman Empire is thought of very highly in Pakistan too ! :agree:

Thats something like what happens here in Pakistan; otherwise I - an ethnic minority who's barely 3% of Pakistan - would end up becoming a minority....a second-class citizen in my own country if Pakistani Nationalism were to be based around a single 'ethnicity' !
Nationalism is probably the main reason that spared Turkey from the same fate as the rest of ME!

Nationalism is probably the main reason that spared Turkey from the same fate as the rest of ME!

Oh don't get me wrong....I'm not preaching that Turkiye should do things differently - Your Country.....Your Call ! :tup:

I was merely voicing my Opinion on what @Cuneyt Arkin was saying & how I saw some parallels between that & Pakistan !

Oh don't get me wrong....I'm not preaching that Turkiye should do things differently - Your Country.....Your Call ! :tup:

I was merely voicing my Opinion on what @Cuneyt Arkin was saying & how I saw some parallels between that & Pakistan !
Sure. :tup:

I just want to add that every ethnicity in Turkey is also part of our Nation and are included in my understanding of Nationalism.

Last edited by a moderator:
n_69298_1.jpg

Israel said it was reducing its diplomatic delegation in Turkey to the “minimum required” on July 18, after violent pro-Palestinian protests that it linked to the Turkish government’s fiery public criticism of Israel.

Israel reduces diplomatic presence in Turkey over protests - LOCAL

The Akp followers in action... They think they can defeat the Israeli army by damning it in streets like the PM Erdoğan.

valla kardeş sunu hatırlatıyımda sizin komplolar hiç tutmadı tabiki dediklerine katılıyom benim niyetim ülkem italya almanya gibi olsun başka bişey istemiyom o yüzden destekliyom umrumda değil kimin iktidarda olduğu benim için en iyi aday tayyip diğerleri mal ve mor ötesi
Ben hicbir partiyi desteklemiyorum haberin olsun.

This tiny little strip can not and will not take hostage the middle east politics..

Especially when the region is on fire..

Hamas needs to realize that diplomacy and making yourself acceptable to the world politics is a more powerful tool than firing rockets indiscriminately at urban settings.

arkadaşım devleti falan veren yok kim inandırıyo sizi 12 yıldır ülke bölündü he bölündü başkanlık sistemi gelmeden hiç kimse bir şey vermez oda sadece yerel yönetimleri güçlendirmek olacak her
ha unutmadan sizin şu sevgili berkin elvanın annesi demirtaşla cnn turkte poz veriyodu

why iran dont support muslim brotherhood in egypt and syria

we support Morsi in first but first thing that Morsi and Muslim Brotherhood done was killing a shiia scholars ( Sha'ha'ttah ) in Egypt and support Salafists and Morsi was about declaring a crusade ( Sunni/Sallafis against shiia ) , then he called Israelis as his "Brother" , so things become clear for us in Iran ....

our western Asisa policy ( knows as Middle East ) is simple :
1- Israel is our enemy
2- western shouldn't be in our region
3- we won't support anyone who target Shiia

these are our basic policy ....

I didn't even voted in last elections and I'm not planning to vote at other elections :D

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom