• I agree but,....

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I don't agree

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Don't care

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm quiet sure that many of them rebelled.
"During the First World War, Arab troops fought on every front –in what are now Egypt, Syria, Israel, Palestine, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, and Iraq, as well as in eastern Turkey and Galatia. In Ottoman times, the government in Istanbul had a concerted policy of transferring Arab troops away from their native land, deploying them in Anatolia ...
... With an estimated 300,000 Arabs in the Ottoman forces in 1914, a third of the total men under arms, there were far more Arabs serving in the ranks of the Ottoman army than those who followed the banners of the Arab Revolt ...
... Two thirds of the troops who made up his (*) 19th Division that faced the first wave of the Allied invasion were Syrian Arabs, comprising the 72nd and 77th regiments of the Ottoman army ...
... the remembrance of both the vanquished and the victors will not extend to the Arab soldiers of the Ottoman Empire, lost in the rewriting of history. Nowadays, walking among the few cemeteries established by the Turkish government on the battlefield, one comes across graves of men from Baghdad, aleppo, Damascus and Makka. They lie in a foreign country, each headstone marked by a flag that is not their own."

Aljazeera, “The forgotten Arabs of Gallipoli”, 14th January 2004, Jonathan Gorvett.

Yeah because of that some people attack Turkish flags, blocade roads, etc.. etc... nothing has been solved yet there is just ceasefire and that's all.

There can't be a peace process while one side wants Autonomy and Freedom for the terrorist leader.

I have no solution for Kurdish Issue but "Osman pamukoğlu" has

Osman Pamukoglu does not look at Kurds as equal brothers. He looks them as inferior subhumans who need to be oppressed.

this confirm that you are racist

Have you seen that guys other posts.... ??? Please read them before before accusing me.

Also, do you think a Russian guy would know much more about my country than me ???

"During the First World War, Arab troops fought on every front –in what are now Egypt, Syria, Israel, Palestine, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, and Iraq, as well as in eastern Turkey and Galatia. In Ottoman times, the government in Istanbul had a concerted policy of transferring Arab troops away from their native land, deploying them in Anatolia ...
... With an estimated 300,000 Arabs in the Ottoman forces in 1914, a third of the total men under arms, there were far more Arabs serving in the ranks of the Ottoman army than those who followed the banners of the Arab Revolt ...
... Two thirds of the troops who made up his (*) 19th Division that faced the first wave of the Allied invasion were Syrian Arabs, comprising the 72nd and 77th regiments of the Ottoman army ...
... the remembrance of both the vanquished and the victors will not extend to the Arab soldiers of the Ottoman Empire, lost in the rewriting of history. Nowadays, walking among the few cemeteries established by the Turkish government on the battlefield, one comes across graves of men from Baghdad, aleppo, Damascus and Makka. They lie in a foreign country, each headstone marked by a flag that is not their own."

Aljazeera, “The forgotten Arabs of Gallipoli”, 14th January 2004, Jonathan Gorvett.

We can have lenghty discussion about this subject later on.

We can have lenghty discussion about this subject later on.
Anyway my overall point is that some rebels don't justify not being friends with arabs especially when we have had a good long history with them.. From personal experience all of the arabs I have met spoke highly of the Ottomans.

PDF doesn't reflect what people think in real life.
There is no point in bringing up historical debates, the question should be: who cares for the Turkish minoritys across the world?
If you ask me they would have priorities over others because we would be one of the only countries that cared.

------------------------------------

Regarding the kurds: Islam can bring us together with them because other than that we don't have that many commonalities. Islam will also help fight off PKK ideology. I have experienced this myself.

Yeah because of that some people attack Turkish flags, blocade roads, etc.. etc... nothing has been solved yet there is just ceasefire and that's all.

There can't be a peace process while one side wants Autonomy and Freedom for the terrorist leader.

I have no solution for Kurdish Issue but "Osman pamukoğlu" has
who autonomy wants bdp that cooperation with chp against akp you knows it your western buddies supported both bdp and chp

you are now enemy kurd

10470878_10154358514460442_3723790295685120519_n.jpg

Erdogan should close his mouth ....
his action and his words are completely different ...

who autonomy wants bdp that cooperation with chp against akp you knows it your western buddies supported both bdp and chp

you are now enemy kurd
you are turning from belly dancer to striptese

Are you kidding me ? It is AKP thats cooperates with PKK and BDP, well actually BDP and PKK does not like them but uses them as tool. they wanted autonomyand AKP agreed with it in the secret talks, otherwise there would be no "peace process".

you are now enemy kurd

Mate, what are you saying, i can't understand you....

And please don't do this....."your western buddies" don't accuse me with baseless claims.

Are you kidding me ? It is AKP thats cooperates with PKK and BDP, well actually BDP and PKK does not like them but uses them as tool. they wanted autonomyand AKP agreed with it in the secret talks, otherwise there would be no "peace process".
finally
we will see who is right or false

Exactly, many Pakistanis just love him simply because he uses religion and politics to create populist rhetoric. These are the type of people Erdogon seem get his support base from; Emotional and poorly educated parts of the population (like rural folks), easy people to manipulate. Is Pakistanis focus on industrialization of their and stop giving their hearts to Arabs who constantly fighting others, fighting against themselves etc (the same Gulf Arabs who fund insurgents in your nation), then I doubt there would many terrorist operating in their NW regions as people would be better educated, having better living standard, and secure jobs. Maybe Israel is not the main Nemesis of Pakistan but other Pakistanis would failed to achieve an good living standard for it's people.

No not really ! If Political Islam were the reasons why we liked or disliked a Leader then Khomeni & others from the Muslim world who've used Islam for Political purposes would be high on our list - They are not !

On the other hand some of the more Secular & Nationalistic leaders like Saddam, Shah of Iran, King Faisal, Gaddaffi etc. are admired in Pakistan for their guts & their stances even if we may not agree with all they did to their own people !

Pakistanis like Erdogan for one reason & one reason alone - Governance !

Turkiye before Erdogan was just as bad or as good as the rest of us; in fact the Pakistan of the '60s & the '70s was considerably more economically developed than Turkiye - Why ? Because of Political Islam or Secularism ? No.....because of better Governance that even prompted the South Koreans to come to Pakistan during Ayub Khan's time & copy our Economic Model !

After that the Iranian Revolution, the Arab response to that, the Afghan Jihad & our own ample mistakes monumentally foOked up the country otherwise we would've been pretty much arlight !

We like Erdogan not because he wants to create a Islamic State out of Turkiye or wants to Secularize Turkiye even further - Frankly....we don't care either way because thats for the Turkish People to decide !

We like him because he came....took the Economic Policies of the '90s (Kemal Dervish's I think) & institutionalized them for the betterment of Turkiye & under him the Sick Man of Europe that Turkiye still was in many ways became an emerging economy to rival any present in the EU right now !

He came & ensured that Turkiye which was for a time looking to the EU to let them in was now in a position to show the EU the middle finger so far as joining the EU was concerned !

Naturally we admire him for that !

So far as banning Alcohol or Islamizing the Turkish State or Secularizing the Turkish State is concerned - Why in heaven's name would we care either way ?

If Turkiye were to become the Islamic State of Turkiye - What difference would that make to us ?

Likewise if Turkiye were to become Secular to the point of being Anti-Religious State - What difference would that make to us ?

As far as the Israel thing is concerned - Its about perspectives !

Most Turks go ape-sh*t about anything that has anything to do with Turks or Turkic People or Turkishness or any of those Ethnic Undertones !

Most Pakistanis behave pretty much the same way when it comes to Muslims !

For you guys your Ethnicity matters above everything else.....for us our Religion does - If supporting or opposing a country on the basis of one isn't wrong then I fail to see how could it be wrong in case of the other ?

@Sinan @xenon54 @Cuneyt Arkin

Back
Top Bottom