• I agree but,....

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I don't agree

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Don't care

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Here in germany it was always impression that Erdogan has a sense what to say and what his people want hear. This explained his popularity that he has under the small people.

Now this mine desaster happened and Erdogan says things like: "Things like this happen". While still hundreds of miners are missing and families are in shock, he openly walks on stage and says things like this?

Media here say now demonstrations started against him

Soma in der Türkei: Grubenunglück, Wut auf Erdogan wächst - SPIEGEL ONLINE

And media here in germany wonder what happened. Normally Erdogan hat a very good sense what the small people want hear. How is this possible? What he said and did looks like a complete lack of sense for reality.

Would be nice to hear some opinions from turkish members.

Here in germany it was always impression that Erdogan has a sense what to say and what his people want hear. This explained his popularity that he has under the small people.

Now this mine desaster happened and Erdogan says things like: "Things like this happen". While still hundreds of miners are missing and families are in shock, he openly walks on stage and says things like this?

And media here in germany wonder what happened. Normally Erdogan hat a very good sense what the small people want hear. How is this possible? What he said and did looks like a complete lack of sense for reality.

He was always like this, people is just stupid.

We were saying the same thing.... and that's not all.

During Press conference one journalist asked. "It's being said that the last check-up of the mine done in March 2014 and nothing was wrong. So do you think, this disaster happening while everything is ok ?"

And he said...

"I went back in British history. Some 204 people died there after a mine collapse in 1838. In 1866, 361 miners died in Britain. In an explosion in 1894, 290 people died there,”

“Take America with all of its technology and everything ... In 1907, 361 [miners died there],” Erdoğan said. “These are usual things.”

I couldn't believe my ears that he was showing examples from 1838 and defending that these are ordinary things... He is trying to defend his government but in a very idotic way.

This was the reaction of the people after his speech.

“Take America with all of its technology and everything ... In 1907, 361 [miners died there],” Erdoğan said. “These are usual things.”
"It's O.K., fellow Turks! After dumping the Caliphate and all the sacrifices of Ataturk I have brought us back to the path of truth and we are now 100 years behind."

I couldn't believe my ears that he was showing examples from 1838 and defending that these are ordinary things... He is trying to defend his government but in a very idotic way.
I'm not sure it's "idiotic". Libya's Muammar Qaddafi said lots of "idiotic" things, his fundamental point being that he could spout nonsense and still rule Libya unchallenged. The formula worked for over forty years.

We were saying the same thing.... and that's not all.

During Press conference one journalist asked. "It's being said that the last check-up of the mine done in March 2014 and nothing was wrong. So do you think, this disaster happening while everything is ok ?"

And he said...

"I went back in British history. Some 204 people died there after a mine collapse in 1838. In 1866, 361 miners died in Britain. In an explosion in 1894, 290 people died there,”

This was the reaction of the people after his speech.

This is crazy man. How could he say something like this?

They should get the latest inspection report from march and compare those results with the current research about the cause of the explosion. If something seems fishy, it could be that the inspection messed up in march, there was bribery or there was human mistake/accident.
Erdogan's comparison with accidents in the past was tasteless, he should have said how such things could be prevented again. However as usual, in Turkey first big number of people must die before measures are taken, but i even doubt that, i mean, look at how many people die in car accidents in Turkey year in year out, does it get less at all? it seems Turkey needs serious measures in safety field.

However as usual, in Turkey first big number of people must die before measures are taken, but i even doubt that, i mean, look at how many people die in car accidents in Turkey year in year out, does it get less at all? it seems Turkey needs serious measures in safety field.
Profit is allways more important than human life, thats the same everywhere but at least in Europe things get inspected and regulated by goverments while thats not the case in our country.

The Goverment should be man enough to take responsibility instead of bringing stupid excuses, this arrogance wont help them.

Profit is allways more important than human life, thats the same everywhere but at least in Europe things get inspected and regulated by goverments while thats not the case in our country.

The Goverment should be man enough to take responsibility instead of bringing stupid excuses, this arrogance wont help them.

Then how can they give away free coal, before the election ? o_O

They inspected and 60 points wher disapproved. What the owner did with this nobody nows. And the owner is a private company.

They inspected and 60 points wher disapproved. What the owner did with this nobody nows. And the owner is a private company.
How can they do whatever they want, is Turkey a lawless state? Fact is the goverment fails to improve the safety in working places, mines, ship yards, construction sector, industry, everywhere the same, people are dying like flys but goverment still fails to improve the conditions.

Im sick of these stupid excuses.

I dont agree that govt must take full responsibility. The company is private owned. If the inspectors of the state failed, then the govt must of course take harsh measures against them. If the company failed in implementing things, then they must get charged and punished. If the cause was the mistake of a person despite everything being safe according to the research, then govt still has to take responsibility? In Turkey the latest trend seems to be to blame every negative thing on the ruling party.

Have do you now that the people wher working safe? Is ther a human error or a material defects? Ther wil always be a guilty person. But for now i let people do ther thing, until ther is a research. People are now emotional.

I dont agree that govt must take full responsibility. The company is private owned. If the inspectors of the state failed, then the govt must of course take harsh measures against them. If the company failed in implementing things, then they must get charged and punished. If the cause was the mistake of a person despite everything being safe according to the research, then govt still has to take responsibility? In Turkey the latest trend seems to be to blame every negative thing on the ruling party.
Have do you now that the people wher working safe? Is ther a human error or a material defects? Ther wil always be a guilty person. But for now i let people do ther thing, until ther is a research. People are now emotional.
The numbers dont lie we loose more people on workplace accidents than Europe and USA, its obvious that goverment fails to improve the conditions, or its just not that important for them, its more important to have a economic growth for the next elections.

Fatality rate:

Developed countrys - 4.2
Turkey - 19.1

http://hw2012.healthy-workplaces.eu/fop/slovenia/sl/publications/occupational_acc_article_final.pdf

Back
Top Bottom