• I agree but,....

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I don't agree

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Don't care

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Caliphate should be thrown away right after the french revolution. Nationalism was on the rise and that meant religious states was going to weaken. Ottoman empire has kept the caliphate to keep the Arabs happy, but when the british came they revolted anyway.

Arrogance destroyed the empire. They looked over their shoulders to europe and didn't follow the advancements there. Atatürk went beyond that when he gave the women the right to vote, even french women didn't have that right. People were discussing it like they are discussing gay marriage right now. It's better to be ahead of others in civil laws.

Would you rather live in Saudi Arabia that banned slavery in 1963? And still doesn't give the women to drive a fvcking car?

@Kaan
There's a good chance you'd be beheaded in Afghanistan in the name of İslam...

Don't get me wrong. I'm not that religious. I wasn't looking at the caliphate on the religious aspect.
For me it's basically this influence it has on the Muslims. Even today Muslims still look up on strong Muslim leaders. At least in East and south Asia and to some extent even in the Arab world.

And I repeat again. I wasn't talking about a state controlled by the caliph, but rather a caliph under the authority of the state.

Turkey would still be the Turkey of today.

The fact in the end is that they are not following islamic rules so in turn they will be punished for doing injustice.
İslamic rules of whom? If you said these to them they would name you a blasphemer, kuffar, mürted, whatever.
According to you they are not following islamic rules.
It's subjective.
According to İran they are being ruled by sharia aswell...

Every freak with a twisted understanding of religion can assert themselves like Erdogan.
I don't wanna live in a society like that. I'd rather live by rules set by logical thinking and common sense.

@olcayto
10 minutes of television speech would be enough for a "religious" leader to get support.
Then he becomes Erdogan.

It doesn't matter what BS story you're telling. As long as people hear it, there will be a good portion of people who will support it. You can't expect someone who calls himself a caliph to stay out of state business.

İslamic rules of whom? If you said these to them they would name you a blasphemer, kuffar, mürted, whatever.
According to you they are not following islamic rules.
It's subjective.
According to İran they are being ruled by sharia aswell...

Every freak with a twisted understanding of religion can assert themselves like Erdogan.
I don't wanna live in a society like that. I'd rather live by rules set by logical thinking and common sense.
We know for a fact that this was not happening in the past. Unfortunately islamic institutions were dismantled throughout the world which is why we have wahabis and other similar nut jobs. The rules of islam are clear and the way to interpret them is clear aswell because we have four schools of though that are accepted by all muslims. They include the hanafi , Shafii, Maliki , and hanbali madhabs. We also have established rules in usul al-fiqh on how to deal with new issues that may come up. islam can't be blamed for other peoples actions. In todays world muslims have insufficient islamic knowledge (including myself) which is why we run into issues. If we can solve this problem then we are jet set.

Also did you get my message?

@LegionnairE , the Diyanet İşleri Başkanlığı is basically already the caliph of Turkey.
The only difference is that the DİB holds no title of caliph, thus only has influence on the Muslim population of Turkey.
What is bad about the fact, that they would have hold the title of caliph and have influence over the Muslims globally, instead of just Turkey?

Anyways, it has been a issue of the past.
Since the things mentioned by me are impossible to achieve today, İ don't care about the Caliph anymore.

P.s

Welcome back mate :), my guts was already telling me that you would quote me on that post, after your ban would be lifted :)

@Kaan
I don't agree with that there's only one certain interpretation of religion.
Check out this guy for example.
How many people think like him?
Not many.
But his points are valid.
Some people would still call him a kuffar, mürted, infidel.
It's simply impossible to rule a state by religious rules and get it to be recognized by all.

@olcayto
You'd be surprised how many people in the Arab world claims the title of caliph :)
It's like saying "Stannis Baratheon, one true king of Westeros" it doesn't mean sh*t if nobody believes it :D

Last edited:
@Kaan
I don't agree with that there's only one certain interpretation of religion.
Check out this guy for example.
How many people think like him?
Not many.
But his points are valid.
Some people would still call him a kuffar, mürted, infidel.
It's simply impossible to rule a state by religious rules and get it to be recognized by all.

@olcayto
You'd be surprised how many people in the Arab world claims the title of caliph :)
It's like saying "Stannis Baratheon, one true king of Westeros" it doesn't mean sh*t if nobody believes it :D
I will check him out.

@olcayto

Its not that simple, Caliphate was possessing great danger to new republic, you're saying Caliph had influence in Muslim world but you forget its influence inside of the country, as long as its influence was not removed secular government could not be in safety, there would be always a risk of revolt. its like doing a coup againts a dictator but not removing thinking he would no longer possess threat.

On the women issue , well its pretty much clear women is not equal to men in Islam, what people brings as an argument againts that is usually scattered verses about how women is not threatened as sh.t, but still the fact stands, men considered superior in every aspect to women.

Bullsh*t.

Hijab wasn't banned ANYWHERE until 1980, and those were cold war times there were right-left clashes people were DYING in universities. I understand your butthurt but that was a necessity of that time. There are still radical movements in universities such as Hizbullah. I witness it everyday.

If they tried to remove religion they would succeed. Atatürk got Kuran translated to Turkish with his own money, he had Elmalılı Hamdi Yazır write the current tefsir of the Kuran with his own money.

You're a brainwashed freak

Afghan women begs to differ.

Depressed people usually says their features to opposite side, you can't stand about Islam i understand you very well....

You're telling yourself that hijab is banned! also mosques converted to barn, Quran and pray banned, all ottoman sources collected from government buildings and from people then they burned on the squares, imams were hung and people had been ignorant and lots of thing happened. How we gonna forget them, still our elders telling us about these events, actually we have lots of books and solid sources about these.

You and your mentality cant stand about Islam so you allways bans about Islam... How you are come and mention about people rights... we cant belive of your sincerity.

In Ottoman times everbodies had equal rights, If you were Muslim you could judge according to Quran, If you were Christian you could judge according to Christian rules, if you were Jewish you could judge according to Jewish rules. Besides this many of Christians and Jewish were prefer to judge under Sharia/Quran rules. Thats shows justice of Islam... only you and your mentality not satisfied about Islam. All these Sharia, Quran and everything came from God so are you more know than God ???

In Ottoman times no body kill each other like now nobody insult each other like now. Everybody was indulgence and modest.

Your system corrupted so AK Party came and try to correct of your faults but you feel uncomfortable because as you see your time is over.

You and your mentality only care yourself also you think that democrocy, power, money and everything for you. others not important, If you pay attention this mentality of some Jewish groups. Got it ?

Maybe you feel soo angry right now but you are in this situation. Dost acı söyler.

Last edited:
Depressed people usually says their features to opposite side,
This reminds me of Erdogan.. calling people traitors and <mod edit> when himself is the tracherous scum :D
You're telling hijab is banned also mosques converted to barn, Quran and pray banned, all ottoman sources collected from government buildings and people and burned on the squares. they were forbidden, imams were hung and people had been ignorant and lots of thing happened, how we gonna forget them still our elders telling us these events we have lots of books and solid sources about these events.
When? Where? By who's order? Don't talk out of your <mod edit> bring your sources

You can't stand about Islam i understand you very well.... You and your mentality cant stand about Islam so you allways bans about Islam so far... after that you are come and mention about people rights... how we belive of your sincerity?
You're shallow, and very bad at reading people.

Last edited by a moderator:
This reminds me of Erdogan.. calling people traitors and shit when himself is the tracherous scum :D
When? Where? By who's order? Don't talk out of your ***, bring your sources

İngilizcen rezalet, yazdıklarının yarısı anlaşılır değil.
Dost acı söyler.

You are second time swearing mods or admins must deal with this issue.

This reminds me of Erdogan.. calling people traitors and <mod edit> when himself is the tracherous scum :D
When? Where? By who's order? Don't talk out of your <mod edit> bring your sources

I dont think you will check but read that "Yalan Söyleyen Tarih Utansın volume 3"

Last edited:
Desifre tv program live on A Haber Tv channel. Kadir Misirlioglu speaking...

I dont really understand much of what you say Ahmet, but let me tell you
Kadir Mısıroğlu is nuts, last time I checked he was talking to spirit of Ataturk.
Everyone listening to that guy is nuts if you ask me. Had to cut contact with a good friend of mine after he started watching that insane crap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom