What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

You asked. But not american
It's Newly made Iranian Toophan missiles ATGM

No. The one I'm talking about is the 106mm recoiless rifle ammunition the soldier is inspecting he says in the video clip that that particular ammunition had been painted over and if you rubbed the paint away you could see clear US made markings.
I asked what the arabic writing is saying.
1f11227f-8ab6-4a2a-a0eb-0626c4cbdbbf.png

I wish never to happen this. This FSA Sunni Arab fighters will be problems, If the other Sunni Arabian countries or USA dominate them.
Actually there hadnt been before any FSA untill Turkey gathered different groups which consist extremely radicals.
They are like scorpions very dangerous to carry in the pocket. İnviting them Turkey would cause new mafia or terror organizations.
Turkish Officers can cope with this personalitis.
The target of This operation create safety zones for Sunni Arabs and the most important is bumper zones for Turkish cities. FSA should serve there.
I don't think most would come settle in Turkey though. Those that did would know they have to abide by the law. Most will probably become part of the local security infrastructure in Syria, as local police or national army. The rest can use their expertise in other fields where Turkey's interests lie or are being attacked.
I just get the impression a greater game is being played here and we can't afford to be parochial about it. It's not over once the PKK has been smashed. Some people have said this isn't even about Syria but a deeper US-Russia war. I think even that's being too simple.

Borders are being redrawn and you need an army to shape them. Then there are the geopolitical games being played locally. Iran, Israel, Saudi Arabia, UAE. There is the Zionist/West agenda of creating many smaller "nation states" constantly in conflict with each other, to the expansionist Iranian agenda of creating corridors of influence.
Turkey has invested greatly financially and politically, in Somalia, but the UAE is acting disruptively there. This is partly a proxy attack on Turkey by undermining the central government there.

These warriors have learnt a lot and that can come in useful for Turkey longer term interests.
Sorry if this sounds exploitative, just the realities of the world we live in. Turkey is too strategic a location to be parochial. If we let them go now then Turkey will rue that decision in the future. Then they will create mafias which can spill over into Turkey, or another state will sponsor them and use them as tools of influence, potentially against Turkey.
The fight against the last generation was within Turkey, through the PKK. I think we are all aware enough now to know the PKK isn't an organic movement but one that was nurtured by many forces to keep Turkey at bay.
The fight on the next generations hands must be projected outwards.

I watched habertürk a little while ago, one journalist said that "we have 600km border with PKK/YPG in east of euphrates river in Syria". I started to hear this so many times, from so many different people on TV.

This is inaccurate. 600km was the total border with PKK in Syria, 150km of this was belong to Afrin. Current border with PKK is 450km in east of euphrates river, means 1/4 of the terror corridor has been cleansed from PKK. It's important not to say "we have 600km border with PKK in east of euphrates", this will demoralise citizens and this information is incorrect.

JaHT96o.jpg

150km done, 450km to go.

Destroying the statue was a mistake tho, twitter accounts close to Kurds are already comparing it with what ISIS did to other statues. I would understand if it had any links to PKK symbols but from what I understand it has no links to them whatsoever. And the rebels themselves screaming "Allah-u Ekber" every two seconds doesn't help the cause either.

Back
Top Bottom