What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

Why are Iraqies coming and talking about fled away, another fraction we have to ignore. Why are you coming to our section to be humiliated?

Oh btw YPG propaganda map (oh well, still a map):
Cq-xltiXYAYGe7D.jpg

Your reply actually says it all, you ignore recent operations by the ISF and head directly back to the 2014 notion which is all you know.

Shortly said, the military is influenced by politics. The collapse was politically motivated, you have not heard testimonies from both previous minister of defense to start with neither read the reports from the official investigation about the collapse.

Tough words from some military enthusiast on a keyboard like so many other forum nationalists who think they're warriors, aside from that you use 'us' way too often to claim sacrifices and achievements of others.
No I'm actually happy Iraq is regaining its full control over the country, it's pathetic having to deal with 100+ groups when it comes to N.Iraq whereas the only adress should be Baghdad. However today Iraqs military is over dependent on well armed and trained Shia militias who's stings are in the hands of Tahran and various Shia clerics (if you think these guys will choose Baghdads orders over those of its true backers you are on drugs). The only truly respectable Iraqi Army unit are the Golden Division, those guys are really good.

Not tough words just the truth. If you don't like it, stop reading the thread

You have indeed good imagination. Existing unicorns have a greater possibility than seeing a runner Turkish soldier. Let's make a deal than. Till you see our soldiers run away, leave Turkish section to us. Ok?
I want post any thing wrong till one of you guys start messing with my country all I did I asked a question about this operation target was ISIS but so far all I see YPG kurds under fire some one can answer that fine thanks non can it's ok but don't mention IRAQ with any thing bad we suppose to be neighbors hence some respect if non then just don't show me your gloat ( not you particular ).

PEACE.

I want post any thing wrong till one of you guys start messing with my country all I did I asked a question about this operation target was ISIS but so far all I see YPG kurds under fire some one can answer that fine thanks non can it's ok but don't mention IRAQ with any thing bad we suppose to be neighbors hence some respect if non then just don't show me your gloat ( not you particular ).

PEACE.
peace? our soldiers are dying every day cos pkk rats coming from northern iraq ..same shitt last 40 years.

No I'm actually happy Iraq is regaining its full control over the country, it's pathetic having to deal with 100+ groups when it comes to N.Iraq whereas the only adress should be Baghdad. However today Iraqs military is over dependent on well armed and trained Shia militias who's stings are in the hands of Tahran and various Shia clerics (if you think these guys will choose Baghdads orders over those of its true backers you are on drugs). The only truly respectable Iraqi Army unit are the Golden Division, those guys are really good.

Here's part of what I wrote yesterday in another thread.

Last 2 years have actually transformed the ISF which was a COIN only trained force to now a force capable of fighting conventional battles, the storming of Fallujah was the last major OP which surprised American generals wth it's speed (4 weeks), they themselves took longer against a weaker enemy with more equipment.

This transformation goes for infantry as well as cavalry. The ISF used to lose many Abrams tanks back in 2014 and 2015, we don't see that happen anymore. In fact, the US described an Abrams tank crew as the following.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/...tank-plays-role-iraqi-fight-against-isis.html

A U.S.-trained Iraqi crew working with a U.S.-supplied M1A1 Abrams tanknow known as the "Beast" played a major role in taking and clearing the town of Hit in western Anbar province of ISIS fighters, a U.S. military spokesman said Wednesday.

"It's become a bit of a folk hero" to the Iraqi Counter-Terror Services and regular Iraqi army troops who drove militants affiliated with the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria, or ISIS, from Hit and are now engaged in clearing operations in the Euphrates valley town, Army Col. Steve Warren said of the tracked vehicle.

"The tank has been so successful, this one tank crew, that American advisers have given it the 'Hero of the Day' award for several days," said Warren, a spokesman for Combined Joint Task Force-Operation Inherent Resolve in Baghdad.

No not just ISOF/Golden division. The rest has caught up ineffectiveness prior and after the Ramadi operation which marked the shift from COIN to conventional force. Again this is not from me it's info from Col. Steve Warren who was in Anbar 10 years ago as well. Now i'm not saying the ISF is a force without problems, i'm saying that now they're an effective force which is proven daily. Previous failures mainly due to the (corrupt/sabotaging) policies of the executive, legislative and judiciary branches by politicians/judges who influence the military do not alter their current effectiveness.

The political side is complicated but what it basically comes down to is that chaos and a weak army presents the right ground for the rise of many armed groups (The reason why militia's erupted in 2014), this decentralization of armed groups is only preferred by certain foreign officials. Eventually they will be integrated, but that depends on several factors such as stability.

Not tough words just the truth. If you don't like it, stop reading the thread
What i'm saying is you say 'us' rather than TAF, you're not fighting.

They should do a Stalingrad and encircle them allready.
Stalingrad failed though :D I'd say let's hope they go for...Carthage after the Romans passed though: one big smoldering ruin

Here's part of what I wrote yesterday in another thread.

Last 2 years have actually transformed the ISF which was a COIN only trained force to now a force capable of fighting conventional battles, the storming of Fallujah was the last major OP which surprised American generals wth it's speed (4 weeks), they themselves took longer against a weaker enemy with more equipment.

This transformation goes for infantry as well as cavalry. The ISF used to lose many Abrams tanks back in 2014 and 2015, we don't see that happen anymore. In fact, the US described an Abrams tank crew as the following.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/...tank-plays-role-iraqi-fight-against-isis.html

A U.S.-trained Iraqi crew working with a U.S.-supplied M1A1 Abrams tanknow known as the "Beast" played a major role in taking and clearing the town of Hit in western Anbar province of ISIS fighters, a U.S. military spokesman said Wednesday.

"It's become a bit of a folk hero" to the Iraqi Counter-Terror Services and regular Iraqi army troops who drove militants affiliated with the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria, or ISIS, from Hit and are now engaged in clearing operations in the Euphrates valley town, Army Col. Steve Warren said of the tracked vehicle.

"The tank has been so successful, this one tank crew, that American advisers have given it the 'Hero of the Day' award for several days," said Warren, a spokesman for Combined Joint Task Force-Operation Inherent Resolve in Baghdad.

No not just ISOF/Golden division. The rest has caught up ineffectiveness prior and after the Ramadi operation which marked the shift from COIN to conventional force. Again this is not from me it's info from Col. Steve Warren who was in Anbar 10 years ago as well. Now i'm not saying the ISF is a force without problems, i'm saying that now they're an effective force which is proven daily. Previous failures mainly due to the (corrupt/sabotaging) policies of the executive, legislative and judiciary branches by politicians/judges who influence the military do not alter their current effectiveness.

The political side is complicated but what it basically comes down to is that chaos and a weak army presents the right ground for the rise of many armed groups (The reason why militia's erupted in 2014), this decentralization of armed groups is only preferred by certain foreign officials. Eventually they will be integrated, but that depends on several factors such as stability.

Congrats on the wake up, just wish it didn't require initially donating 40% percent of the country and warehouses full of weapons to Isis scum. The sooner Iraq becomes stable the sooner the ME will stabilize.

I might not be fighting with the TAF but I still see them as "my guys". There is a reason why the Turkish military is the most loved institution in Turkey (July 15th put a dent into that but it's temporary)...we Turks love our soldiers.
Anyway this is going way off topic, if you want to continue it'll have to be another thread.

I guess it is a European thing, a concept of seeing matters of your country as a matter of you yourself along with the rest of the population.

We all say "us" when something relates to our nation. That is what being a nation is all about.

Or else just divide your nation into cities and let all those cities govern themselves.

I think there are theories why they were able to take villages quick. It could be either:

- Turkey made some deal or collaborated with ISIS before the attack where they won't be touched if they withdraw and only would target the YPG.

- ISIS found another way where they would withdraw and leave the gap for Turkey to push YPG away since ISIS is also at war with YPG.

I swear I was laughing at their response it looks like I touched the nerve ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha the think that make me laugh non stop is that I imagine them in fear they see their soldiers running like the saudis tons in one pick up they even left their tanks their trucks humvees running blindly hitting each other so I'm waiting to see them running on their rattling feet

when that happen please bros Turks don't come to the PDF for few days because you'll
see me here because I'll be waiting on you.
6afa6014-5dea-428e-afdf-4c3accefc5ed.jpg

now please

12238860.gif

Your military culture and ours is different by worlds apart. A Turkish soldier fleeing in the face of enemy, wouldn't even cross our mind.....like i said our mentality is very different.

Jarablus Syrians thank Turkey and President Erdoğan after being liberated from Daesh
DAILY SABAH
ISTANBUL
Published 20 hours ago

The Syrian people of Jarablus thanked Turkey and its President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan after receiving aid on Saturday as the Turkish Red Crescent started distributing food in the area.

Turkish aid trucks headed into Syria after landmines and other explosives had been cleared from the border between Karkamış in Turkey and Jarablus in Syria.

The humanitarian movement handed out various food supplies for around 5,000 people in the town.

On Wednesday after much deliberation and warnings from Ankara, Turkey embarked on an extensive cross-border operation with the Free Syrian Army (FSA).

The move came to eliminate regional threats from the Daesh terrorist organization and prevent the People's Protection Units (YPG), the armed wing of the PKK's Syrian affiliate Democratic Union Party (PYD).

http://www.dailysabah.com/war-on-te...dent-erdogan-after-being-liberated-from-daesh

Back
Top Bottom