What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

I guess a lot of the forced conscripts will drop their weapons and go back to being civilians, seeing how bad this has been for them.

I guess a lot of the forced conscripts will drop their weapons and go back to being civilians, seeing how bad this has been for them.
I don't think they will let down that "important" fighting manpower.
They really need it. And even more the ppl from the region... it's good for cohesion.

Last edited:
11-03/2018 -- OB Afrin Map

DYB5RPZXcAM-M-L.jpg

@Hamzza Odd. They didn't put Ayn Dara in it.
Map is out since 7min.

The PKK network is usually quite savvy when it comes to drawing attention to their "cause" but todays protests seem to be really counter productive. Here's one from Cambridge
Mostly Kurds and some hippy leftists from the nearby universities. Yet all they seem to have achieved today is pissing people off. No one can understand their accented chants, no one is stopping to listen to see what they have got to say. The UK isn't France or Belgium where they have demonstrations from all kinds of groups and unions every week. The public will just want them to stop blocking traffic and move on and do that somewhere else.

A sign of desperation and chaos among their ranks as they know they need to do something, but just don't know what.
Disrupting public order has economic costs, and if train stations, city roads and airports are being disrupted it could cause a backlash.

Back
Top Bottom