What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

Further down south towards Menbij...they will leave from there too. One way or another

I guess I will have to read some more up on the situation before I can comment again on this thread. But my initial reaction is still the same. I don't think it is wise to engage yourselves in Syria, unless you are taking land.

Turkey should establish a safe zone along the Syrian border with Turkey for the Syrian refugees fleeing from Aleppo.Now it's possible to do it.

So there are no Kurdish organizations in the current AO?
I don't believe that pyd/ypg is Iran's proxy. Ypg/pyd are in Menbic and surrounding villages. Turkey's foreign minister says 'either ypg/pyd leave Menbic and return to the east of the Euphrates river or we will do what is necessary'. Turkey's red line was/is; pyd/ypg must not cross to the west of Euphrates, but with the help of US the pyd/ypg recently did under the disguise of SDF.

I don't believe that pyd/ypg is Iran's proxy. Ypg/pyd are in Menbic and surrounding villages. Turkey's foreign minister says 'either ypg/pyd leave Menbic and return to the east of the Euphrates river or we will do what is necessary'. Turkey's red line was/is; pyd/ypg must not cross to the west of Euphrates, but with the help of US the pyd/ypg recently did under the disguise of SDF.

You're right. They may not be Iranian proxies, but they can be hired by them. Money and resources are always necessary for any insurgency. Anyways I'm going to stay silent and just watch what happens. I'm not an expert on your region, but I feel like I have a good idea of what's to come. After Afghanistan, we in Pakistan know things can be more complicated than they seem to appear. Best wishes to Turkey.

This action seem to be more aimed at thwarting final joining of kurdish teritories, than fighting ISIS in northern Syria

Since, ISIS is either way finished with future kurdish and arab tribes offensives with USAF aid. Its kurds, that are culprit of turkish itching

Last edited:
This action seem to be more aimed at thwarting final joining of kurdish teritories, than fighting ISIS in northern Syria

Sice, ISIS is either way finished with future kurdish and arab tribes offescives with USAF aid. Its kurds, that are culprit of turkish itching
its both. Both are terrorists and both are getting everything that they deserve today

Since, ISIS is either way finished with future kurdish and arab tribes offensives with USAF aid. Its kurds, that are culprit of turkish itching
Turkey said since few years ago that there should be a safe zone in North Syria, no one listened. Now the game is becoming more clear and it's become very clear that the US instead wants to give north Syria completely to ypg/pyd, which is part of pkk (on the terrorist list of Turkey, EU and ironically US too). Who is itching, who is not is crystal clear. Hopefully isis and pyd/ypg will be eliminated soon in the area of the operation.

its both. Both are terrorists and both are getting everything that they deserve today

Yes, I know ISIS is the formal explanation for the incursion. But, both Turkey and the west were fine with ISIS, till they plans to topple Assad had failed

Just remember, If recall right, mainstream media started they talk about ISIS, only in 2014, by that moment war in Syria was raging more than two years. Kurds provided many evidences of ISIS and turk cooperation in bordering area

Since ISIS is proscribed by the masters in the USA, turkey is using them as a backing for the action. But ISIS is dead horse by now. What is most interesting, how this action is going to reflect turko- american relationship, considering patronizing USA staance, when it comes to kurds

Yes, I know ISIS is the formal explanation for the incursion. But, both Turkey and the west were fine with ISIS, till they plans to topple Assad had failed

Just remember, If recall right, mainstream media started they talk about ISIS, only in 2014, by that moment war in Syria was raging more than two years. Kurds provided many evidences of ISIS and turk cooperation in bordering area

Since ISIS is proscribed by the masters in the USA, turkey is using them as a backing for the action. But ISIS is dead horse by now. What is most interesting, how this action is going to reflect turko- american relationship, considering patronizing USA staance, when it comes to kurds
How was Turkey fine with isis? Just because Turkey doesn't sacrifice itself for US interests and mistakes, does not means Turkey supports isis. If you got credible proof of how Turkey is supporting isis, then show it.

Turkey recognized isis as terrorists in 2013, before the US did. Isis made breakthrough and seriously emerged in 2014 in Iraq first. Again show Turkish co-operation with isis before making claims that make you look silly.

Turko-american relationship hinges on whether US will deliver terrorist Gulen soon enough. If that doesn't happen, im pretty sure our movement towards the east (Russia, China etc.) will occur faster.

But this development is interesting, it happened almost the day after we got rid of Gulen terrorists in our army. And the leading commander is Aksakalli (which means Whitebeard). The exact same man who prevented the FETO organisation from coup. He was promoted swiflty and now leads the Republic's incursion into Syria. Many things are message:
1: The same day Ottoman invaded Middle East through Syria and conquered those land.
2: The same day Biden visits Turkey. Interestingly enough, Biden was recieved by a very low ranked city official. No one from government was sent, nor the presidency.
3: Almost the same day we have completely cleansed the military from FETO network.

I only take the following from this. In the coming couple of months and years, we will see a a swiftly expanding and agressive Turkish foreign and military policy. Remember Turkey is the the fourth biggest Tank power in the world. And overall one of the greatest power with one of the biggest military arsenal in the world. Either the Middle East stops sending their homegrown terrorists to us. Or we teach them some lessons, they have been left alone for far too long, and everything is fucked up in the imaginary borders set up by Pykes

Turkey said since few years ago that there should be a safe zone in North Syria, no one listened. Now the game is becoming more clear and it's become very clear that the US instead wants to give north Syria completely to ypg/pyd, which is part of pkk (on the terrorist list of Turkey, EU and ironically US too). Who is itching, who is not is crystal clear. Hopefully isis and pyd/ypg will be eliminated soon in the area of the operation.

But, your reasoning raises several quetions :

Northern Syria should be "safe zone", but safe and free from whom

USA wants to hand over N Syria to Kurds, but, what is the alernative ? It was Turkey, among other that left Syria thorn to pieces. Now you are harvesting seeds planted by youself

You should be careful about the last sentence. Region is full of arms and ammunitions and there are plenty of kurds living out there. They are probably going to unite around the cause of tukish agression on their land. Intervention in foreign countries are tricky issues. Influence of foreign powers aside. For example, Iran could start aiding kurds and make your lives much more complicated. That stands for some oter countries and increased vulnerability of Turkey

USA wants to hand over N Syria to Kurds

Cool. Our Economy, Defense, Foreign ministers are Kurds. Even our PM is a Kurd. Even our head of MIT is a Kurd. So, if Turkey captures those lands it also means Kurds hand over those lands. Problem ? ;)

I only take the following from this. In the coming couple of months and years, we will see a a swiftly expanding and agressive Turkish foreign and military policy. Remember Turkey is the the fourth biggest Tank power in the world. And overall one of the greatest power with one of the biggest military arsenal in the world. Either the Middle East stops sending their homegrown terrorists to us. Or we teach them some lessons, they have been left alone for far too long, and everything is fucked up in the imaginary borders set up by Pykes

No one smart enough is going to claim Turkey is not very strong militarily

But this is not conventional warfare against other country

Dont forget this kind of insuregency warfare opens the whole range of posibilities for diversions, foreign agentures, veapons deliveries and what not. The problem in for Turkey is how to finally solve kurdish question. Since, they are now filled with whole range of varios weapons and ammutions

As you remarked problem of middle east terrorism. Be fear and admit, its you goverment that was inciting this, as long as they thought terror is meant only against the Assad. I dont know the whole story, but Erdogan was bribed by Qatar and Saudi Arabia by enourmous assets, only if Assad is removed,, and qatari pipeline is build over Syria. But that plan failed. Now you turn is the taste your medicine, which you intented for others

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom