What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

Has Turkey a equivalent of „Patriot Act“ law?
Well... I think they already in It...

Patriot Act:

• Title I: Enhancing domestic security against terrorism
  • Title II: Surveillance procedures
  • Title III: Anti-money-laundering to prevent terrorism
  • Title IV: Border security
  • Title V: Removing obstacles to investigating terrorism
  • Title VI: Victims and families of victims of terrorism
  • Title VII: Increased information sharing for critical infrastructure protection
  • Title VIII: Terrorism criminal law
  • Title IX: Improved intelligence

We have emergency law similar but not as broad and harsh as in The US. We still need a court order for telephone tapping.

US Patriotic law:

The law gave new powers to the U.S. Department of Justice, the National Security Agency and other federal agencies on domestic and international surveillance of electronic communications; it also removed legal barriers that had blocked law enforcement, intelligence and defense agencies from sharing information about potential terrorist threats and coordinating efforts to respond to them.

Well... I think they already in It...

Patriot Act:

• Title I: Enhancing domestic security against terrorism
  • Title II: Surveillance procedures
  • Title III: Anti-money-laundering to prevent terrorism
  • Title IV: Border security
  • Title V: Removing obstacles to investigating terrorism
  • Title VI: Victims and families of victims of terrorism
  • Title VII: Increased information sharing for critical infrastructure protection
  • Title VIII: Terrorism criminal law
  • Title IX: Improved intelligence

I mean it in that way, that is allowes them to abduct people in foreign counties and convince them to Turkey. USA do this and bring them to Guantanamo, where they have no any rights.

I mean it in that way, that is allowes them to abduct people in foreign counties and convince them to Turkey. USA do this and bring them to Guantanamo, where they have no any rights.

Well..;the US used that where they had a foot and great influence, mostly in Countries with no laws/Filled with Corruption... Like Iraq/Afghanistan/Yemen etc...
Will they be able to do that if those "people" were in Europe/Russia/China/Turkey etc... ?

Is sheikh hadid area taken or not? Conflicting reports. @kartal1
The last part of surrounding Shaykh Hadid was completed yesterday by capturing two villages (Anqalah, Sinnarah). For now we dont have information about ongoing clashes in the area. Firefights from time to time are possible trough the night but we dont have information about ongoing operation. After the capturing of the first defense line of YPG in the next days Racu, Shaykh Hadid and Jinderes will be captured after that advances will go trough the smaller villages as planned. Advancements from Bulbul axis, the area around the dam are expected and after that preparations for Sharanli and Ma'Betla will start while cleaning other small villages on the way to Afrin center city.

We don't have something like that, but maybe we should.

For now the terrorists are kept in normal prisons.

FSA in front of Rajo city.
In Short "They gonna start in the coming days"
And "Afrin soon"

It seems they are waiting for something. Maybe reinforcement...

Back
Top Bottom