What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

It would be a lot easier if they didnt had the time to build defences and tacticaly prepare themselves. With a good planning Jinderes could be possibly stormed in a day if they werent prepared and expecting us.
yeah we don't quite have the necessary tools for that. Leopard 2 NG was deemed "too expensive" I'm still angry about that.
You need good, reliable armor to make such a push against ATGMs possible.

Meanwhile kurdish child soldiers:
upload_2018-2-13_2-9-6.png

The Liberator liberates Afrin/Idlib and Liberates Afghanistan
Idea to move 100-300 Tanks , camp out on side and wait and then make small moves sounds great but sometimes you just have to use the best option

Nice and easy 5-10 KM cleaned up the Terrorist and their Anti Tank missile will explode in their own hands

latest

The tanks can be used to level out the area "If" needed
You can't use tanks in many parts of Afrin because it's mountainous. The operation is moving in stages, the ground is not the same as other parts of Syria or the previous operation where the terrain was flat. Once the mountains are captured then the second stage will start as currently if tanks move they will be hunted by atgms in the open.

Enemy has prepared since 2012, dug tunnels and trenches and has atgms and heavy weapons so you can't just go all attack unless you want heavy casualties. Over 10,000 armed terrorists in a small area.

Pakistan has plenty of experience in fighting in similar terrain and then some.

Swat is just one example of many. It has an area of 5,337 Sq Km (several times more than afrin) with a population of over two million and a population density of around 430 per sq KM. Although the population was internally displaced but the army had to clear an area that housed more than two million people. That is a lot of practice in FIBUA. Not to mention that we had to secure surrounding hills. Majority of the valley was above of 3000 ft and above elevation. Hence, the reason for peochar operation by SSG among others for clearance of hills and strongholds of taliban via heliborne ops.

Bajaur has an area of 1300 sq km, S. Waziristan (6600 sq km), Khyber Agency (2500 sq km), North waziristan (4700 sq km).

We have fought in these areas in variety of environment. We have cobra pilots that are TOW centaurians (i.e having fired more than 100 TOW ATGMs during ops). Plenty of artillery and LGBs have been used.

Every unit that is deployed in ops area goes through Counter terrorism school prior to deployment.

However, lessons can be learned from allied countries (such as turkey) as they face threats of different nature.

For example, kurds have access to ATGMs and SAMs wheras TTPs had access mainly to RPGs, soviets/russian RRs, 12.7 mm and 14.5 mm MGs and other items such as mortars and other ammunition of russian/eastern origin.

Countering such weapons will result in better survivability of helicopters and tanks which is helpful for PA as it might order T-129s (once we secure financing).
You are right. Different enemies so need to always learning different tactics. Lessons learnt from first operation against isis the army is moving in slower. They have been armed heavily by USA and constant reinforcements are coming from other regions to support them.

First operation - flat terrain, moved in very fast till Al bab and then al bab many explosive filled truck attacks was main casualties and suicide bombs.

This operation - mountainous area, heavily armed enemy, long time to prepare and also large number of enemy in a small area to take.

We're capturing villages but the absolute state of FSA is appalling.
It's insane how poorly trained, disciplined and equipped they are.
Clearing tunnels with cell phone flashlights.

How NOT TO assault a building:

We're capturing villages but the absolute state of FSA is appalling.
It's insane how poorly trained, disciplined and equipped they are.
Clearing tunnels with cell phone flashlights.

How NOT TO assault a building:
LMAO I remember these guys. what a Joke the 'Sham Legion' have become :omghaha: the video below is what they used to be...
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Back in 2014 these guys used to fight the Syrian government in many cities just like the above video i posted shows, after getting their asses handed to them and losing city after city and then finally getting betrayed by their friends in idlib, these guys are nothing but used condoms at this point. After their many failures, the CIA finally cut off funding to these guys.

Now it seems the Sham Legion have been hired by Turkey and have joined forces under the FSA banner. Can Turkey not find any other used condoms to hire than these Joke of a group? These guys have no morals left, they have lost everything, so how can you expect them to fight well against YPG/PKK terrorists?

Those "legions" and "divisions" usually has no more than a few hundred men in them. They are overally useless. I still cant understand why we dont recruit refugees to form freshly trained groups.

Pakistan has plenty of experience in fighting in similar terrain and then some.

Swat is just one example of many. It has an area of 5,337 Sq Km (several times more than afrin) with a population of over two million and a population density of around 430 per sq KM. Although the population was internally displaced but the army had to clear an area that housed more than two million people. That is a lot of practice in FIBUA. Not to mention that we had to secure surrounding hills. Majority of the valley was above of 3000 ft and above elevation. Hence, the reason for peochar operation by SSG among others for clearance of hills and strongholds of taliban via heliborne ops.

Bajaur has an area of 1300 sq km, S. Waziristan (6600 sq km), Khyber Agency (2500 sq km), North waziristan (4700 sq km).

We have fought in these areas in variety of environment. We have cobra pilots that are TOW centaurians (i.e having fired more than 100 TOW ATGMs during ops). Plenty of artillery and LGBs have been used.

Every unit that is deployed in ops area goes through Counter terrorism school prior to deployment.

However, lessons can be learned from allied countries (such as turkey) as they face threats of different nature.

For example, kurds have access to ATGMs and SAMs wheras TTPs had access mainly to RPGs, soviets/russian RRs, 12.7 mm and 14.5 mm MGs and other items such as mortars and other ammunition of russian/eastern origin.

Countering such weapons will result in better survivability of helicopters and tanks which is helpful for PA as it might order T-129s (once we secure financing).

That's what i said yesterday on other thread and few fellow Pakistanis like @BHarwana took it as insult to Pak army and its professionalism and they were equating fight against TTP/ISIS with PKK/YPG (which is being fought with ATGMs, MRLS and MANPADS).. we should learn and share experience with Turkey..

That's what i said yesterday on other thread and few fellow Pakistanis like @BHarwana took it as insult to Pak army and its professionalism and they were equating fight against TTP/ISIS with PKK/YPG (which is being fought with ATGMs, MRLS and MANPADS).. we should learn and share experience with Turkey..

My friend where did I said that Pakistan should not share experience with Turkey.

Those "legions" and "divisions" usually has no more than a few hundred men in them. They are overally useless. I still cant understand why we dont recruit refugees to form freshly trained groups.

Agree but training them would take serious time which is a luxury for us now. Secondly there should be enough volunteers for it otherwise can you imagine the propaganda that would say " Turkey sends refugees/civilians to war "... We are already not a good time of status.

LMAO I remember these guys. what a Joke the 'Sham Legion' have become :omghaha: the video below is what they used to be...

Back in 2014 these guys used to fight the Syrian government in many cities just like the above video i posted shows, after getting their asses handed to them and losing city after city and then finally getting betrayed by their friends in idlib, these guys are nothing but used condoms at this point. After their many failures, the CIA finally cut off funding to these guys.

Now it seems the Sham Legion have been hired by Turkey and have joined forces under the FSA banner. Can Turkey not find any other used condoms to hire than these Joke of a group? These guys have no morals left, they have lost everything, so how can you expect them to fight well against YPG/PKK terrorists?
No infantry action in the video you've posted, for all I know they were always terrible. Any idiot can use an ATGM. All they do is firing recoilless guns, mortars and HMGs. Typical low IQ arab sh.t. Yell allahu akbar every 10 seconds and hope for the best lol.

Well at least they were hiding their weaknesses back then :)

the Sham Legion/Faylaq Al Sham in 2014 used to be pretty large and they'd produce many videos like the one i posted, But after their many failures, they have mostly fizzled out and most of their members either killed, left or joined other groups. What we see today is shell of their former self. I have no idea why Turkey would bring them under the FSA banner

You was arguing when i said we should learn from their experience.
I was saying we should give them experience rather than taking from them. Because Pakistan has conducted many counter insurgency operations.

the Sham Legion/Faylaq Al Sham in 2014 used to be pretty large and they'd produce many videos like the one i posted, But after their many failures, they have mostly fizzled out and most of their members either killed, left or joined other groups. What we see today is shell of their former self. I have no idea why Turkey would bring them under the FSA banner
maybe they are relatively less extreme in ideology and more controllable.
I was saying we should give them experience rather than taking from them. Because Pakistan has conducted many counter insurgency operations.
I think both possible outcomes. I just want a coalition to show that Turkey isn't acting alone.

By the way is it just me or does this guy look like Netanyahu?
http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/us...me-ypg-militants-are-shifting-to-afrin-127156

Back
Top Bottom