What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

I think the Turkish military should contact Pakistan for advisors. We've fought COIN in this large scale for the last 10-15 years. Maybe there are tactical similarities?

I understand you intend well sir, but are you ok in the head? Turkey has being doing COIN for the last 30 years, definitely among the top among the top 5 in this area.

This however is a whole new ball game, it’s not the terrorists but the politics that will be the biggest challenge here, there are much more complexities involved.

I think the Turkish military should contact Pakistan for advisors. We've fought COIN in this large scale for the last 10-15 years. Maybe there are tactical similarities?

I would like to see cooperation between two glorious armies, but we cannot get help from outside for Operation Olive Branch, because that would be shown as weakness. Im pretty sure TAF planned operation very well, they will crash PKK's little head in the region. There will be mistakes of course, to be taken lessons to improve itself in future.

I understand you intend well sir, but are you ok in the head? Turkey has being doing COIN for the last 30 years, definitely among the top among the top 5 in this area.

This however is a whole new ball game, it’s not the terrorists but the politics that will be the biggest challenge here, there are much more complexities involved.

30 years? Didn't know that. I knew you had problems with the Kurds, but always assumed it was domestic terrorism, didn't realise it was in the shape of an insurgency too.

30 years? Didn't know that. I knew you had problems with the Kurds, but always assumed it was domestic terrorism, didn't realise it was in the shape of an insurgency too.

We launched several big operations in Northern Iraq during the 1990's where more than 30k Turkish soldiers participated.

Combat with PKK terrorist organization goes back to 30 years.

Kurdish uprisings goes back to 200 years.

Is this real?
Looks like a pc game.

You're damn right, however, I hinted. Someone had the guts to upload this, and even put some "TURKISH ARMY" watermark there.
And 270,000 people saw this, I wonder how many were fooled, looking at the like to dislike ratio, a lot were fooled.
This is from a videogame called "Medal of Honor"
Lots of Youtubers posting fake videos. Simply click bait. You said 270 k views, so that guy earned at least 270$ over this video.

Another point, you know in these kind of vehicles there is a panel where the gunner controls the panel. Sometimes other soldiers in the vehicle shoot a video with their cellphones. So, most of the "real" footage are not static, because soldier's hand moves during the shooting + plus you can hear the chatter of soldiers. A simple way to differentiate between fake and real videos.

Lots of Youtubers posting fake videos. Simply click bait. You said 270 k views, so that guy earned at least 270$ over this video.

Another point, you know in these kind of vehicles there is a panel where the gunner controls the panel. Sometimes other soldiers in the vehicle shoot a video with their cellphones. So, most of the "real" footage are not static, because soldier's hand moves during the shooting + plus you can hear the chatter of soldiers. A simple way to differentiate between fake and real videos.
Look at the top right of the video it says "M-82", a sniper, I don't think they implied that it's a vehicle.

However yes you are correct.

Back
Top Bottom