What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

it's just this operation is 3-4 years too early... SInce what you say about... will have been filled at that time...
As for CAS fleet...a strong UAV fleet with (MAM-L) Smart Micro Munition series... could have done the job faster and better for this op.
That is true, but for some reason there are not much UAVs flying above Afrin as well. According to Haberturk, UAVs recorded 58 hours of footage during first 3 days of the operation
http://www.haberturk.com/afrin-operasyonundan-son-dakika-gelismeleri-zeytin-dali-son-dakika-1806027

that means there are 2-3 UAVs at the sky in any moment and not 10-15 or bigger fleets.

For some reason, Army tend to give minimum aero support to the troops on field. F-16s destroy PKK watchtowers/ammunition depots/tunnels etc, but troops also need close air support where F-16s cannot give perfectly. In theory, with 3-4 fuel tanks, F-16 could circle above troops for hours but with this pylon configuration there won't be enough space for bombs.

@ATALAY thank you for the heads up bro, was thinking of changing this name anyway.

On a different note, I am starting to respect the Turkish backed FSA more now, they seemed to be well trained, determined and are conducting themselves really well so far. Not the unorganised bunch we saw in ES, Turkey must have filtered out the bad apples and kept the ones who are loyal to us (so far).

So why we dont use any T129? They have protections against manpads right?

After Euphrates Shield, Army took big lessons about ERA armours/laser warning receivers/remote controlled guns on Tanks/armored vehicles, and immediately started tenders to upgrade tank fleets.

I hope, after Operation Olive Branch, Army will take big lessons about the need of CAS aircraft fleets. Without CAS planes or attack helicopters, PKK scum can just dig in mountains and can slow the FSA/Army's push significantly.

This kind of problems should not appear against modern NATO Armies.

I dont see any of this protections at our tanks. Are u sure that they have upgraded it? Only the kirpis look
better protectetd:

Afrin and the region is under siege.
That is true, but for some reason there are not much UAVs flying above Afrin as well. According to Haberturk, UAVs recorded 58 hours of footage during first 3 days of the operation
http://www.haberturk.com/afrin-operasyonundan-son-dakika-gelismeleri-zeytin-dali-son-dakika-1806027

that means there are 2-3 UAVs at the sky in any moment and not 10-15 or bigger fleets.

For some reason, Army tend to give minimum aero support to the troops on field. F-16s destroy PKK watchtowers/ammunition depots/tunnels etc, but troops also need close air support where F-16s cannot give perfectly. In theory, with 3-4 fuel tanks, F-16 could circle above troops for hours but with this pylon configuration there won't be enough space for bombs.

From Incirlik to Afrin is only 280km (road). Directly would be maybe 180-200km. If a F-16 flies half its top speed it will be dear just in 15 minutes. Bomb the hell out off the given coordinates and return to the airbase.

dzj9yq.png

So why we dont use any T129? They have protections against manpads right?

I dont see any of this protections at our tanks. Are u sure that they have upgraded it? Only the kirpis look
better protectetd:

ahahah, the last video in the end is flir is from a game...

M60A3 don't operate in Afrin, they are stationed inside Turkey most likely to secure the border. The only tanks which will enter Syria will be the L2A4s and M60T both modernized versions and non-modernized version. There aren't even visual confirmation that our tanks have yet entered Afrin. There only have been videos of IFVs.

Also I wouldn't expect much new in the next days as there is a heavy fog in the region atm which will be gone in a couple days after which there will be the sun out all the time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom