What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

I now the current front lines. How will SAA reach the north of this area before ES forces?
There is a corridor,as you can see,from the south.
They can cutt us off from the south,they have free passage,we dont.

I was reading somewhere that the Assad family have had relationship with the PKK for decades and have tried to destabilize Turkey using them (hence both almost went war in the 90s if Turkey's demand was not met). Correct?

It makes sense why Kurdish seperatist have always favored the Assad regime and stood silent all those years. They just created hate now, the Syrian [Suuni] Arabs will surely never forget this.

Last edited:
I was reading somewhere that the Assad family have had relationship with the PKK for decades and have tried to destabilize Turkey using them (hence both almost went war in the 90s if Turkey's demand was not met). Correct?
Yeap, they were housing PKK leader.

We placed our army at the border and gave an ultimatum and threatened with war. Only after than they send Ocalan out of their country. But that happened at the Hafız Assad's time. Erdoğan had a friendly relationship with Basar Assad until Syrian Civil War started.

Isn't that the same ACV the shia militias tried to sell as captured from the rebels but they got it from ISIS?

It makes sense why Kurdish seperatist have always favored the Assad regime and stood silent all those years. They just created hate now, the Syrian [Suuni] Arabs will surely never forget this.

His son was not better than his father...

He used PKK multiple times against Turkey, terrorists are launching attacks from Afrin since 20-30 years now.

Assad also used them to sabotage dam construction in Eastern Turkey several times just because we would control the Euphrates river water with those dams.

Kurds were also massacred by Assad, hell they didn't even count the Kurds as their population...The kurds were always count as the *unknown* :)

This was captured by SAA from ISIS who captured it from FSA.

Gotta somehow show something for the dozens of dead donkeys they have. And if it was captured by SDF they would have thrown flags everywhere, please we all know the propaganda created by pkk using things that are not even theirs or happened somewhere else.

Pathetic move by YPG. I don't think it will stop anything, either we will push right through west of Manbij (low chance of this but could happen), or just start a new invasion from the North. I doubt YPG will just keep handing over territory to Assad lol, as the saying goes "You can run, but you can't hide". Sooner or later they will be eradicated.

They did a great job of embarrassing themselves though, cowards.

https://syria.liveuamap.com/en/2017/2-march-manbij-military-council-reports-heavy-clashes-with

Manbij Military Council reports heavy clashes with Turkish backed forces on Tal Toureen village outskirts, West Manbij

Manbij Military Council reports heavy clashes with Turkish backed forces on Tal Toureen village outskirts, West Manbij
Lol, operations even not started yet, FSA and TSK taking only taking new positions for the incoming assault.

Pathetic move by YPG. I don't think it will stop anything, either we will push right through west of Manbij (low chance of this but could happen), or just start a new invasion from the North. I doubt YPG will just keep handing over territory to Assad lol, as the saying goes "You can run, but you can't hide". Sooner or later they will be eradicated.

They did a great job of embarrassing themselves though, cowards.

https://syria.liveuamap.com/en/2017/2-march-manbij-military-council-reports-heavy-clashes-with

Well YPG/SDF is just digging their grave and any rojava "dream" they may want. not bc they have right on it, but by playing the traitor move and showing the world that they work with ASSad ( in the Open) while being backed by the US, will just get syrians even more angry, not only those outside their territories , but even among themselfes and specialy those "arabs/turkmen" who are fighting with them...
That move will push for even more violante retaliation against them, with no prisoners being taken, they just gonna kill them on the spot, next time they find some...

Have Fun,

or just start a new invasion from the North.

In the Nord, the USA's troop are present, this why we choose to take it by weast rather than the Nord.

Frankly, we should take another area in Syria, after all YPG have many territory to pick, we should choose a territory with oil then echange it with Assad against Manbji. This will stop all trade between YPG and Assad regim too.

In the Nord, the USA's troop are present, this why we choose to take it by weast rather than the Nord.

Frankly, we should take another area in Syria, after all YPG have many territory to pick, we should choose a territory with oil then echange it with Assad against Manbji. This will stop all trade between YPG and Assad regim too.

Well if North is not being attacked... next will be Afrin, but the same could be done with SAA, with the nubl&zaharaa front... if they do the same from the west side... Then 3 Solutions will be available for Erdogan:
1- Stay in that area and never take more territories... (Erdogan failure)
2-Attack from Ayn al Arab/kobane side... (US will not be Happy)
3- Let loose the proxy... (That way they will attack whoever they want (SAA/YPG). No more "official support" but they gonna be targeted as any "rebel" groups around by RUssia/SAA.)

ANd A 4th... Turkey invasion.. but most unlikely.. Maybe after referundum...

Back
Top Bottom