What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

Hope we won't join raqqa. Let the worms die in the city and let the arab population rise up against their opression, maybe it will lead other arab cities to take up arms against them, even if they join assad after that. Plus the massacres the US will need to do so ypg doesn't get destroyed will be high leading the arabs to hate them even more.
Talk abyad must be taken though to create buffer zone with pyd and divide their cantons . Taking riqqah would be waste of resources

Ally concept DO NOT exist.. Interest does...only...

Unfortunately you are right and history can prove it.

The greed for power and money is ruining the human race... let's forget the relations between countries. But that's a different topic.

Both cizre and nusaiybin were raised to the ground and it will be a clear message for others that their towns will be destroyed if they harbor pkk peasants .
The infrastructure itself doesnt matter. What was grounded is the buildings, roads etc, but they are NOT the terrorists.

Left alone, they could do nothing because they are made up by concrete and have no brain.

The PEOPLE are what causes terrorism, not the infrastructure they live within.

Destroying their homes in one place and placing the people in another place will not stop them from being PKK terrorists.

Current Turkish government is far more aggressive in its pkk operation than previous ones I guess purge of Gulenist generals played a big role in this .
Well I give you that, that is definitely true and I am happy for that also. I didn't criticize the government mind you, it is just that having a good government doesn't mean you cannot have a "better" government, at least in some particular way.
You can't compare president Ataturk to Erdogan after all Ataturk was a military general and had experience in dealing with insurgencies and unconventional warfare .
Agreed times and conditions are different. Today we have elections and burying 200.000 people to the ground these days wouldn't seem much popular in the eyes of the voting base, but the case remains the same.

We have millions of PKK terrorists and they will not go away just with wishes.

In order for this terror problem to be over, if it will ever get over, will be when we somehow deal with all those many people in a permanent way.

Exactly...I mean, how could Asad forces over-run ISIS controlled areas in a matter of a day and reach at PKK...astonishing!!

All the ISIS militants in the area either died in Al-Bab or retreated towards probably Raqqa. I dont see any resistance mentioned anywhere.

Looks like Villages of Azez, Minnigh, tall rifat, al-arimah, menbij will be targetted. Azzez will be wait for a now.

Some small operations started against PYD.

Back
Top Bottom