What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

What's the matter with you?

I don't really support any side in the Syrian war. If you think I support Assad, then you're sorely mistaken.

The only group I somewhat sympathize with is the SDF and that's because it has at least established secular democratic rule in northern Syria, although Erdogan and his cronies are desperately trying to destroy it and replace it with Taliban-style Islamic rule.

Most liberal secularists in the Arab World know very well that Islamic Iran is backing secular Syria, but it's not like they have another choice. The secularists in Syria were abandoned by almost everyone around the world. Iran is the only country that's ironically trying to preserve secular rule in Syria. So what choice do the Syrian secularists have? They either accept Iranian help or get decapitated by a bunch of radical jihadist lunatics from Idlib.

Like I said, there's no good side in this war, but when given the choice between secular rule and oppressive Islamic rule, I'd choose secular rule every single time. It's not like the FSA lunatics are going to transform Syria into a democracy either.

Iran is backing ASSad not for his secularism neither his alawite side, Iran hate both of it. They supporting it as a mean to extend and counter KSa and allies influence in the region, they do not care about "justice" or "civilians" they don't even care about their own blood in their own country... .

FSA is not al nusra, and those in Euphrate shield ( turkey backed) are not islamist either.. keep it strait. Al nusra and Aq related are among them, yes, but as for today, they are fighting against them in Idlib region... hope you didn't forget about it.

So no supporting secularism, just because it's secular, will not give you "peace"

And you support people (FSA) who worked with Islamic State Iraq (ISI) until 2013, people who shared their arms, sold their arms and were openly allied to ISI whom were sending us suicide bombers. They worked together in Raqqa until ISI took it from them in 2013 and became ISIS.

So many double standards.

ISIS didn't exist at that time, they were "islamist groups, like AL nusra" so ofc they worked together, but after that, when isis came in, the first to fight them were FSA... , Assad has the biggest conflict zone with ISIS and yet ,they started their compagn when Euphrate shield begun hers...

ISIS didn't exist at that time, they were "islamist groups, like AL nusra" so ofc they worked together, but after that, when isis came in, the first to fight them were FSA... , Assad has the biggest conflict zone with ISIS and yet ,they started their compagn when Euphrate shield begun hers...

Al Qaeda in Iraq was the name initially, ISI was declared in 2006. Became ISIS in 2013 when they took over Raqqa, became IS in 2014 when they took Mosul.

Shura council
Ansar al Sunnah.
etc. Many more names and small groups who joined together and grew to ISI.

Nusra is a diff group, FSA did work with ISI in Eastern Syria, how do you think they took over? They didn't come with a massive convoy from Iraq, they were already there when they turned against the FSA.. which armed them with arms from Turkey and Jordan.

I know exactly why Iran is supporting Assad. You don't need to lecture me about it.

The point I made clearly went straight over your head.

What I said was that the secularists in Syria have no other choice. They either accept help from the Iranian mullahs or lose their country to a bunch of radical ISIS-style savages.

Which one do you prefer?

The only side trying to promote democracy right now is the SDF, much to the chagrin of certain nationalities.

Are you seriously going to tell me the head choppers fighting for the Euphrates Shield forces aren't Islamic lunatics? Do you even realize that the Euphrates Shield group consists mostly of Al-Zinki, Ahrar Al-Sham and Sultan Murad fighters? They're all radical Islamists.

ASSad had had a choice in 2011, to step down and change things.. But he didn't. And before you Ask , They was NO AQ NO ISIS in 2011-2012. They appeared when ppl/rebels lost hope in winning, they are like a cancer, they appear when you get weak.

So yes those " SECULAR" had a choice, now they have no right to open their trap after those 300k death and still going to this day.
As for those Euphrate fighters... even Russia and ASSad speak of them as REBELS...

Al Qaeda in Iraq was the name initially, ISI was declared in 2006. Became ISIS in 2013 when they took over Raqqa, became IS in 2014 when they took Mosul.

Shura council
Ansar al Sunnah.
etc. Many more names and small groups who joined together and grew to ISI.

Nusra is a diff group, FSA did work with ISI in Eastern Syria, how do you think they took over? They didn't come with a massive convoy from Iraq, they were already there when they turned against the FSA.. which armed them with arms from Turkey and Jordan.

Seems you lost in history lesson... ISIS of today is a branch of AQ in Syria, they didn't come from Iraq, that's another group. After the spilt with AQ they became ISIS, with those "ex AQ" simple as that

AQ do not like them neither they do

ASSad had had a choice in 2011, to step down and change things.. But he didn't. And before you Ask , They was NO AQ NO ISIS in 2011-2012. They appeared when ppl/rebels lost hope in winning, they are like a cancer, they appear when you get weak.

So yes those " SECULAR" had a choice, now they have no right to open their trap after those 300k death and still going to this day.
As for those Euphrate fighters... even Russia and ASSad speak of them as REBELS...
Radical Islamic rebels who share almost the exact same religious ideology as their ISIS rivals. They might hate each other, but they're both radical savages.

Again, I'm not defending Assad. He's a criminal, along with his entire government. But the so-called opposition is just as bad, if not worse. At least the Syrian government isn't going to put restrictions on people's lifestyle choices and individual freedoms. By contrast, the so-called FSA, most of which is infested with radical Islamic savages, will end up turning Syria into a Taliban-style Islamic emirate.

You seem to forget the fact that most of the ISIS fighters in Syria belonged to the FSA before they switched allegiances in early 2014.

Seems you lost in history lesson... ISIS of today is a branch of AQ in Syria, they didn't come from Iraq, that's another group.

This is why the middle east is backwards, people believe the opposite and actually think they're right too. I don't feel like explaining.

Meanwhile, US stops supporting YPG by sending more Armored Vehicles.

C5rtp33WUAABqz1.jpg

Birileri hala destek vermeyi bırakacak diye beklesin.

@TheCamelGuy Sine you want to talk that openly then let me explain the same a bit in easy words as that was a pre-warning means, a soft reminder even before issuing a warning that PDF does not allow offensive/unethical/or abusive language against anyone at all. A pre-warning means a reminder before issuing any warning/fraction which may lead to a ban in-case repetition of same violation.

Yet in the last post (I deleted), you actually attacked me but as the same is on personal ground for me, therefore, I am not practicing my forum power for my personal affairs and am not taking any action. However, repetition of same violation will be treated as violation of Forum rules that you may have a look and understand.

Regards,

Remember those days?

028b30c2f91346ddba16fe34f2d8850e.png

People were making fun of the Turkish operation and today we're beyond Albab. Besides, Assad is acting according to the Russian Turkish agreement. Erdoğan explained weeks ago that he won't go deeper into Syrian soil after liberating Albab. Don't forget that having a buffer zone between İsis and ES forces is anything but bad from a strategic perspective. Now, we have to handle only one enemy: Pkk/ Ypg. That's why I don't understand terror supporters like KuwaitiGirl. Everything is going perfectly in line with the plans the Turks have made with the Russians. We don't have to fear any interception from Daesh anymore. Our focus is now PKK.

Raqqa was never a realistic option for Turkey in the first place.
Yesterday during a clash between Hezbollah and some FSA groups neither Russia nor Turkey interfered to support one or another side because they previously agreed that Tadef goes to Assad and Albab belongs to Turkey.

How can people not see this connections?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom