What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

(mainstream) reports of 24+ people died from Turkish shelling at Al Bab, which is no surprise as video footage showed the whole town destroyed by airpower/artillery. This also goes well in conjunction with the strategy they deploy using tanks in line formation, old and outdated, causes many civ casualties in urban warfare.

It is so sad civilians die in wars but also it is Inevitable reality of urban warfare especially if you fighting against like DEASH terrorists organization. DEASH keeping civilians with themselves if they flee DEASH killing them.

Btw air forces and ground forces didnt do Random bombardment, so Satellites UAV and SOF was giving exact coordinates.

a veteran of al-bab says that suicide bombers were coming with Baby in his lap in women's clothing.

http://www.ahaber.com.tr/webtv/gundem/el-bab-gazisi-o-anlari-anlatti

Last edited:
Turkey takes preventive measures to avoid friendly fire with Russia in Syria
n_109858_1.jpg

Russia inadvertently killed three Turkish troops with a strike on a position near al-Bab on Feb. 9, by imposing 24-hour patrols over the airspace between the Turkish border and al-Bab and by instructing its warplanes to conduct flights in parallel with Russian jets.

Daily Hürriyet, meanwhile, has also obtained additional information as to how the Feb. 9 incident occurred.

According to the information gathered by Hürriyet, the Turkish Air Force has imposed two measures after the incident on Feb. 9. First, in a bid to avoid a similar incident, Turkish warplanes have been instructed to fly in parallel with Russian warplanes in Syrian airspace. Additionally, many Russian warplanes had to return to their bases in Hmeimim after the Turkish intervention in the aftermath of the incident, but this measure was temporary and is no longer being implemented.

The other and more permanent measure concerns 24-hour patrols over the air space between the Turkish border and al-Bab in a bid to monitor the region and stop similar inadvertent attacks by other countries’ warplanes.

‘Syrian regime misled Russians’

According to a Turkish Armed Force (TSK) statement on Feb. 10, Turkey informed Russia on Feb. 8 through a recently established hot line between the former’s Eskişehir military base and the latter’s airbase in Hmeimim that the Syrian army had fired a rocket at the area in which Turkish troops had been located.

The information, whose records were also given to Russian authorities again after the attack on Feb. 9, included updated coordinates of the Turkish positions near al-Bab with a clear demand that the Syrian army should be warned that such attacks should not be repeated.

Ankara has reportedly never thought that the Feb. 9 accident was a deliberate action by Russia to test Turkey and its reactions – a message that was also relayed to Russian authorities after the incident. Ankara, however, expressed concern that the Russian army might have been misled by the Syrian army personnel in Hmeimim airbase through misinformation that the Turkish positions near al-Bab had been recaptured by the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL).

Turkey and Russia have taken joint measures to make the existing hotline between Eskişehir and Hmeimim more efficient with efforts to create new contact lines at lower levels.

No ‘mistaken coordinates’ from Turkey

Moscow immediately ascribed the deadly air strike to poor coordination between Turkish and Russian military officials after the incident, while Russia said the strikes were conducted based on coordinates provided by the Turkish military.

“Unfortunately, our military, while carrying out strikes on terrorists, were guided by coordinates given to them by our Turkish partners. Turkish servicemen should not have been present at those coordinates,” Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said in a conference call with reporters on Feb. 10.

The Turkish military strongly denied a Russian claim that it provided “mistaken coordinates” that led to the death of three of its soldiers, saying its elements had been present in the same location for approximately 10 days.

“On Feb. 8, after a rocket was fired from the region controlled by the Russian Federation at the point where friendly elements were located, the coordinates of the point where our elements were located was most transmitted again on the same day at 23.11 to the responsible personnel at the Hmeimim Operation Center,” said the Turkish military.

The Turkish military said it had been regularly sharing information with Russia in regard to the Euphrates Shield Operation since an agreement was signed between the two on Jan. 12 with the aim of preventing troops from harming each other, the TSK said in a statement.
February/17/2017

(mainstream) reports of 24+ people died from Turkish shelling at Al Bab, which is no surprise as video footage showed the whole town destroyed by airpower/artillery. This also goes well in conjunction with the strategy they deploy using tanks in line formation, old and outdated, causes many civ casualties in urban warfare.
Good job by the TAF, if I had it my way I would burn the damn city to the ground using fuel bombs. Too bad the military command is still propping up those useless FSA morons

Unfortunetly everyone wants to give a headache to Turkey. So to prevent that Turkey makes advanced reports including geolocated strikes and presents them to UN when needed. We had problem when PKK terrorist attempted takeover on our border towns and we did security operations agaisnt them. They were constantly crying about massacre of civilians to anti-Turkish propaganda media and asking for help. But we did prove each occasion they were terrorists, civilians were evacuated. So this way anti-Turkish propaganda media shut their mouth. I am sure those civilians deaths you mention can be explained if any complain occur.

Good job by the TAF, if I had it my way I would burn the damn city to the ground using fuel bombs. Too bad the military command is still propping up those useless FSA morons

Except this moral wreckage aka @CrimsonFury i am very much proud of my people, culture, military moral doctrine and The Army.

00:00 how to waste munition 101
00:52 leo2 firing
06:15 mortar fire
07:26 we still have ammo lets waste some more
07:48 first time seen how a 50 cal getting loaded
09:12 urban warfare part
10:48 reload time
11:02 Armored personnel carrier
12:15 planing and long distance firing (literally out of range)
14:16 GUARANTEED LAUGHTER
15:00 predarkness shooting with a film crew
17:08 silos taken
18:37 land skipping aircraft shooting practice
20:11 drone footage
23:00 elbab entrace treanched by ISIS shown with a drone

Last edited:
Unfortunetly everyone wants to give a headache to Turkey. So to prevent that Turkey makes advanced reports including geolocated strikes and presents them to UN when needed. We had problem when PKK terrorist attempted takeover on our border towns and we did security operations agaisnt them. They were constantly crying about massacre of civilians to anti-Turkish propaganda media and asking for help. But we did prove each occasion they were terrorists, civilians were evacuated. So this way anti-Turkish propaganda media shut their mouth. I am sure those civilians deaths you mention can be explained if any complain occur.

Except this moral wreckage aka @CrimsonFury i am very much proud of my people, culture, military moral doctrine and The Army.

00:00 how to waste munition 101
00:52 leo2 firing
06:15 mortar fire
07:26 we still have ammo lets waste some more
07:48 first time seen how a 50 cal getting loaded
09:12 urban warfare part
10:48 reload time
11:02 Armored personnel carrier
12:15 planing and long distance firing (literally out of range)
14:16 GUARANTEED LAUGHTER
15:00 predarkness shooting with a film crew
17:08 silos taken
18:37 land skipping aircraft shooting practice
20:11 drone footage
23:00 elbab entrace treanched by ISIS shown with a drone
Morality never netted a gain, especially in geopolitics. We host 3 million pieces of human waste (Syrians, Afganis etc.basically everyone who is out for a free handout and who are much less civilized,in general, than us) in this country of ours which has cost us 25 Billion USD (mind you we aren't exactly a super rich country with oil sprouting out of our orifices) , while the whole world watches and laughs at us as we waste our resources for such scum. And that's just one example. So save the morality talk for someone who is as idiotically deluded as yourself

Morality never netted a gain, especially in geopolitics. We host 3 million pieces of human waste (Syrians, Afganis etc.basically everyone who is out for a free handout and who are much less civilized,in general, than us) in this country of ours which has cost us 25 Billion USD (mind you we aren't exactly a super rich country with oil sprouting out of our orifices) , while the whole world watches and laughs at us as we waste our resources for such scum. And that's just one example. So save the morality talk for someone who is as idiotically deluded as yourself

History says you are right, there is much to gain by been oppotunistic while not caring morality. I am not considering myself idiotically deluded but i am an idealist, beyond materials i care about glory, fame, prestige. We can solve much of our problems by holocoust. But thats comes with a price. I understand you, your point of view, even there is much to gain i would sacrifice eveything to not be you. Let's say Ottomans were murderous scumbags would people still desire that glorious days, still be proud as much, i dont think so. You are able to feel good about been Turkish because our ancestors did sacrifice everything, not taking side with the devils.

I call everyone who able read this to a higher purpose; drop racism, drop sectarianism, drop greed, drop odalism; without their conscious is free no one is able be happy.

"To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society." - Theodore Roosevelt

History says you are right, there is much to gain by been oppotunistic while not caring morality. I am not considering myself idiotically deluded but i am an idealist, beyond materials i care about glory, fame, prestige. We can solve much of our problems by holocoust. But thats comes with a price. I understand you, your point of view, even there is much to gain i would sacrifice eveything to not be you. Let's say Ottomans were murderous scumbags would people still desire that glorious days, still be proud as much, i dont think so. You are able to feel good about been Turkish because our ancestors did sacrifice everything, not taking side with the devils.

I call everyone who able read this to a higher purpose; drop racism, drop sectarianism, drop greed, drop odalism; without their conscious is free no one is able be happy.

"To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society." - Theodore Roosevelt
If you think the current policies of our country will lead to glory, fame and prestige you are an utter fool, as a matter of fact id say it's a miracle you are still breathing !

If you think the current policies of our country will lead to glory, fame and prestige you are an utter fool, as a matter of fact id say it's a miracle you are still breathing !

I don't fully agree with our current policies (cant be generalized, you have to get in detail for each matter to be able to agree or not). But if we make this comment about what we are debating i see nothing wrong about the policies regarding not turning albab to a civilian captive graveyard.

I think one day you'll realize it's better to be more humane. This doesn't make you more powerful, neither does it strengthen the military (morale) or anything to be savage.

What you suggested is what IS has been doing, as a result look at what happened, Sunnis started joining Hezbollah type of groups. (Counter-productive to their goals) You still want to do that?

''"The operation to gain complete control of the al-Bab region has neared its end and the resistance of the Daesh terror group has largely been broken," the Turkish military statement said, using an Arabic acronym for Islamic State.

However, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a British-based organization that monitors the war using a network of contacts, said Turkey's "Euphrates Shield" forces had not made much progress.

Islamic State still controls 90 percent of al-Bab town itself and Turkish shelling and air strikes had killed 45 civilians, including 18 children, during the past 48 hours, the Observatory said.''
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-syria-turkey-idUSKBN15W0PQ

I think one day you'll realize it's better to be more humane. This doesn't make you more powerful, neither does it strengthen the military (morale) or anything to be savage.

What you suggested is what IS has been doing, as a result look at what happened, Sunnis started joining Hezbollah type of groups. (Counter-productive to their goals) You still want to do that?
Let them join any grouping of filth they desire, we will kill them too if they pose a threat

Back
Top Bottom