What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

My opinion is that this operation should not carried out with tanks. Its just a win-fail situation because those heavy and big amored vehicles cant hide itself in a open and flat field like that.

My strategy would be like this:

1. Send Turkish troops with a total number of 10.000 men and light weaponry (equal to weaponry of IS)

2. Surround Al-Bab and cut of all the possible ways to the city
3. Create fronts with hide possibility and place howitzers there
4. Move in and while moving in locate the enemy.
5. Give coordinates and bomd the places with howitzers.
6. Very fast response of airsupport needed

With all these points you can easy move in everyday like 100 Meters.

Move in, secure. Move in, secure. Move in, secure.

Allright, thank you all.

dumbest strategy ever

Like the combat skills seen in Al-Bab, yes?

Don't come with the (we barely intervened in Syria), Turkey deployed more tanks for the Al Bab operation than iraq has for the much larger Mosul OP. Your threats are empty.
You know as I know that Turkey dont uses the resource it have and almost every of the casualties of TSK in Al Bab had to be prevented. There is enough technologies and tactics that TSK can use for that. I dont understand why they are not using them. And yes there is enough turkish soldiers ready for opertions in Syria but they are not using them to. I am not giving you a threat. I am only saying you should know your place. Even if we suppose that TSK is not ready and thats not right only the numbers of TSK are enough to crush Hashdi Shaabi and the possible iraqi forces that are helping them but thats not the matter of the thread. There are political brakes for TSK in Syria and with the coming talks with Russia and Iran those will most likely be gone. I can say you that you are right to think like that about the operation I am thinking like that to but I know that TSK is ready for fight and have enough capabilities to finish this fight. There are bad points of TSK thats for sure but in the region only the army of Iran can be possible threat for TSK. If you dont know the capabilities of TSK I can give you advice. Look a little bit for the defence projects in the turkish section. Then come and we can discuss why TSK is not using all the resource it have. Peace

You know as I know that Turkey dont uses the resource it have and almost every of the casualties of TSK in Al Bab had to be prevented. There is enough technologies and tactics that TSK can use for that. I dont understand why they are not using them. And yes there is enough turkish soldiers ready for opertions in Syria but they are not using them to. I

TAF being capable of taking Al-Bab is not disputed, it's not even a big city to start with and you have enough resources. Though bad performance of the army, regardless of numbers deployed they're not performing well. Despite that you continue the arrogant stance of your superiority over other combat forces.

am not giving you a threat. I am only saying you should know your place. There are political brakes for TSK in Syria and with the coming talks with Russia and Iran those will most likely be gone. I can say you that you are right to think like that about the operation I am thinking like that to but I know that TSK is ready for fight and have enough capabilities to finish this fight. There are bad points of TSK thats for sure but in the region only the army of Iran can be possible threat for TSK. If you dont know the capabilities of TSK I can give you advice. Look a little bit for the defence projects in the turkish section. Then come and we can discuss why TSK is not using all the resource it have. Peace

i do know about the equipment as well as the units and 90's operations.

Even if we suppose that TSK is not ready and thats not right only the numbers of TSK are enough to crush Hashdi Shaabi and the possible iraqi forces that are helping them but thats not the matter of the thread.
You just look at it theoretically based mainly on having more and better equipment... You can't strike the major army/air bases as the US is present there, see how it gets more complex. But why go deep in this when this won't happen.

TAF being capable of taking Al-Bab is not disputed, it's not even a big city to start with and you have enough resources. Though bad performance of the army, regardless of numbers deployed they're not performing well. Despite that you continue the arrogant stance of your superiority over other combat forces.

i do know about the equipment as well as the units and 90's operations.

You just look at it theoretically based mainly on having more and better equipment... You can't strike the major army/air bases as the US is present there, see how it gets more complex. But why go deep in this when this won't happen.
The numbers of turkish soldiers deployed for the operation in Al Bab are enough. There we have small number of special forces and soldiers from several commando brigades. The forces that I am talking about are support forces. The job of the special forces there is mainly coordinating FSA forces, there are snipers and people who mark targets for the air forces. The commandos there are supporting forces and get in action in not so big teams along FSA when FSA is not enough. We have enough soldiers and armor there but not all of them operates. The force that is fighting there is not big and thats understandable despite the original plan of the operation that includes TSK as supporting force and FSA main fighting force. The most of the casualties of TSK around Al Bab is due to not enough reconnaissance and bad decisions made by underestimation the threat/ not knowing the threat is there and the part that is bothering me is that TSK have the resource to provide better reconnaissance for the soldiers there. There are more resources that TSK can use but then the strategy and the role of TSK in this operation will be changed. Do you see ATGMs there? No. Why despite the VBIED threat? In Mosul operation iraqi army is the main fighting force and they use planes, tank, ATGMs and all they want and think they need for the successful end of the operation and the militias there are supporting force. Thats one of the main differences between Al Bab and Mosul operations. You must not see the TSK as the main fighting force in Al Bab its FSA. FSA and TSK have problems of securing perimeter and thats the main reason for the pingpong game that is going on there together with the low numbers and the reconnaissance. We must remember that the number of FSA fighters are not so big but new batches of fighters are expected to join. If better reconnaissance is provided to the turkish soldiers and FSA fighters there, some ATGM systems the operation will begin to be more successful. With the expected FSA fighters to come, a little bit of more resource for the TSK that will resolve the problems they are facing for fast detection and engagements against VBIEDS/snipers or other forces and the operation will be more successful but with that I said I dont want to say I support the main strategy there because this strategy is tying the hands of TSK in alot of aspects, the performance demonstrated from FSA is terrible and this leads to TSK using more resources in the form of airstrikes, artillery, all kind of ammunition and risking the lives of the soldiers there. In one word TSK will lose more because of the incompetence of FSA and the limited resource used by TSK and like some of the members here say we will have to make Al Bab one with the ground to take it. If you know about the defence projects then you know about the capabilities of the turkish armed forces. About what you say that the resource is enough. Yes its enough if you are ready to lose lives. Todays battlefield is not a place that heroic acts must take place on all costs. If you can make it with the help of several buttons do it that way and you will not be concerned of how to explain to the mother of the victim how heroic he died but in the same time you know that you could prevented it. About my arrogant stance. Yes it is arrogant in your eyes and your stance is arrogant in my eyes. I am loving my country and army and I thing that way you are the same. We can argue, say truths and lies till the doom day and no one is going to make other think the other way. The only way to see is when the two forces clash but I pray to ALLAH that we dont see this way and from this moment ahead Turkey and Iraq will respect each other and no conflicts will stand between the two countries.

Well guess what happend in suflaniye ?
"#Fıratkalkanı operasyonunda #Elbab bölgesinde oluşan son durum haritası.. #Suflaniye köyünde çatışmalar devam ediyor. Tam denetim sağlanmadı"
C24dGQRXgAEB2H7.jpg

Turns out 32 of the Soldiers in Al-Bab are suspected of participating in the coup attempt and obviously could come to court: http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/Default.aspx?pageID=238&nID=108898&NewsCatID=509

See no matter how you see it: if they are guilty they will be not motivated, if they are not guilty they will be not motivated or focused because someone's trying to get him into jail.

Also this cannot be coincidence that 34 of 62 soldiers that are accused are in Al-Bab, looks more like a punishment.

Way to screw up operations.

What i wonder though is that what will happen after Assad/Turkey/Russia wipe, one way or another, ISIS and PYD from the region. How they have done an agreement with FSA? If you're asking me, the war has not yet begun.

I believe those Cobras belong to the Syrian Blue Berets, we are also receiving a lot of new vehicles so it would not surprise me that we can afford to donate a few Cobras to Syria and that is what we should do. If we want the pro Turkish forces to perform well they need the proper training and equipment. This also shows that we give importance to the Syrian people and that we treat them as we treat our own which is another tactic all in its self.

I don't like the blue uniforms too much but it looks like the afghan Police so that could also be a subliminal message to those who want to criticize this action "if others do it we can too".

I hope Turkey is building up a professionally Syrian trained military force, they can receive M-113s and M-48s maybe even some M-60s as well as other equipment.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom