What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

https://www.rt.com/news/356959-turkish-tanks-cross-syria/

Damascus has condemned the Turkish incursion, with the Syrian Foreign Ministry calling it a breach of Syria’s national sovereignty, Reuters reported citing Syrian state television.

Meanwhile, Russia expressed its concern over the growing tensions on the Turkish-Syrian border provoked by the operation. Moscow is deeply worried over the potential consequences after Ankara sent troops into Syrian territory, the Russian Foreign Ministry said in a statement. It added that the Turkish operation could lead to a further deterioration in the situation and casualties among civilians.

Did Syria gave approval? Moscow?

YPG News:
Assistant of Hakan Fidan is in damascus
http://en.hawarnews.com/assistant-of-hakan-fidan-is-in-damascus/

o_O They don't lock on to coalition aircraft either since bombings started in Syria. But it would show the public that Turkey has support from Syria and Russia.
They are gonna make some statements but nothing more, they are just as disturbed as Turkey that ypg is grabbing more and more land with US support.

https://www.rt.com/news/356959-turkish-tanks-cross-syria/

Damascus has condemned the Turkish incursion, with the Syrian Foreign Ministry calling it a breach of Syria’s national sovereignty, Reuters reported citing Syrian state television.

Meanwhile, Russia expressed its concern over the growing tensions on the Turkish-Syrian border provoked by the operation. Moscow is deeply worried over the potential consequences after Ankara sent troops into Syrian territory, the Russian Foreign Ministry said in a statement. It added that the Turkish operation could lead to a further deterioration in the situation and casualties among civilians.

Did Syria gave approval? Moscow?
Erdogan and Putin had a meeting some few weeks ago, after which this operation got planned. Russia also received heads up about the operation before it started. Of course Assad should know about this through Putin. Turkey, Russia, Iran and Assad are on the same page here as ypg and isis are the mutual enemies of Turkey, Assad and Iran. Furthermore none of them called on Turkey to leave. We got a deal on this, i'm very sure of that, otherwise Russia would be at the forefront resisting such an operation. This is just a 'i need to make a statement to break the silence and for the sake of saying something' kind of message.

o_O They don't lock on to coalition aircraft either since bombings started in Syria. But it would show the public that Turkey has support from Syria and Russia.
Nah man..if Russia didn't give it blessing and this was attempted, things could get messy very quickly

This was months ago.

http://www.pravdareport.com/world/asia/syria/12-02-2016/133320-turkey_saudi_arabia_russia_syria-0/
Russia suspects Turkey plotting invasion of Syria

"We will return our historic debt. At one time, our brothers from Aleppo defended our cities of Sanliurfa, Gaziantep, Kahramanmaras, now we will defend the heroic Aleppo. All of Turkey stands behind its defenders," Davutoglu said.

Davutoglu made the statement after the Syrian military cut off terrorists' major supplies channels in northern Aleppo province from from Turkey.

Russian officials also expressed concerns about Turkey's possible attack on Syria. "We have serious reasons to believe that Turkey has been taking efforts to prepare a military invasion of the territory of a sovereign state - the Syrian Arab Republic. We have seen many signs of the hidden preparations of the Turkish armed forces for military actions in Syria," an official spokesman for the Russian Defense Ministry, Major-General Igor Konashenkov said.

Russian Foreign Minister also spoke about the possibility of a large-scale war in the region with the participation of neighboring countries.

"If the Geneva talks do not bring any results, they will opt for a military solution. The leaders of several countries have already made such point blank statements. As I can understand, they share almost personal hatred to Bashar Assad. I do not think that the coalition led by the United States, in which Turkey is included, will let such reckless plans materialize," said Sergey Lavrov.

- See more at: http://www.pravdareport.com/world/a...i_arabia_russia_syria-0/#sthash.jDUJg1l5.dpuf

Nah man..if Russia didn't give it blessing and this was attempted, things could get messy very quickly

Or it could be that Russia can't do anything about it anyways. It they want to give blessings, Putin would do it especially if he wants to get some influence and friendship with the Turkish leader right out in the public on this situation. Not criticize it.

This was months ago.

http://www.pravdareport.com/world/asia/syria/12-02-2016/133320-turkey_saudi_arabia_russia_syria-0/

"We will return our historic debt. At one time, our brothers from Aleppo defended our cities of Sanliurfa, Gaziantep, Kahramanmaras, now we will defend the heroic Aleppo. All of Turkey stands behind its defenders," Davutoglu said.

Davutoglu made the statement after the Syrian military cut off terrorists' major supplies channels in northern Aleppo province from from Turkey.

Russian officials also expressed concerns about Turkey's possible attack on Syria. "We have serious reasons to believe that Turkey has been taking efforts to prepare a military invasion of the territory of a sovereign state - the Syrian Arab Republic. We have seen many signs of the hidden preparations of the Turkish armed forces for military actions in Syria," an official spokesman for the Russian Defense Ministry, Major-General Igor Konashenkov said.

Russian Foreign Minister also spoke about the possibility of a large-scale war in the region with the participation of neighboring countries.

"If the Geneva talks do not bring any results, they will opt for a military solution. The leaders of several countries have already made such point blank statements. As I can understand, they share almost personal hatred to Bashar Assad. I do not think that the coalition led by the United States, in which Turkey is included, will let such reckless plans materialize," said Sergey Lavrov.

- See more at: http://www.pravdareport.com/world/a...i_arabia_russia_syria-0/#sthash.jDUJg1l5.dpuf
After the downing of the Russian plane, Russians were quick to resort to propaganda and hostile remarks. Trust us, this operation wouldn't have been materialized without the agreement of especially Russia and Iran and Assad to a lesser degree.

This was months ago.

Turkey was saying the red line is west of euphrates since years, last year mines have been removed from border area, it was obvious that something was going on.

https://now.mmedia.me/lb/en/NewsReports/566505-turkey-clearing-isis-mines-along-syria-border

This was months ago.

Or it could be that Russia can't do anything about it anyways. It they want to give blessings, Putin would do it especially if he wants to get some influence and friendship with the Turkish leader right out in the public on this situation. Not criticize it.
While you have a point, we don't know what was spoken behind closed doors. Russia's remarks were maybe even planned in advance with the Turkish govt. Don't be fooled, Turkey from now onwards will surely slowly diversify and develop even better ties with Russia and Iran after the fiascos we faced by the US and EU. I don't think that the Turkish or Russian leadership are so eager to mess up relations this fast again.

This was months ago.

The Russian response is extremely limited and somehow neutral, indicating that there is definitly some sort of agreement or understanding with them and by that extent with Syria and Iran. The US ofcourse now realizing Turkey is going ape shitt on these terrorists is quick to switch sides and remind the YPG to move back to the east of the Euphrates(just coincedently after Turkey started the operation hmmmm). I still cannot fathom why we are allies with the US, this country makes friends just as quickly as it loses them. The US has proven itself that its not longer a reliable security partner anymore, we ought to dump them and start looking for alternative allies.

So they had plans to invade Syria since last year. Something the Russians say it was a very good possibility at the time.
The plans havent been made over the night thats for sure, there has been meetings with Russian and Iranian officials in the last weeks and the main topic was always Syria, im sure there was a information exchange.
Iran being quiet so far also indicates this.

The plans havent been made over the night thats for sure, there has been meetings with Russian and Iranian officials in the last weeks and the main topic was always Syria, im sure there was a information exchange.
Iran being quiet so far also indicates this.

Iran should have said "you go Turkey" and allied with them against ISIS, making it more pronounced and morale boost in the region fighting ISIS.

We should also go east of eupraths. This is where the Kurds want to establish a state and also from where they send always the PKK into our border towns.

By the way have a look at greater middle east project and then look at the us actions. They warned the russians and syrians several times not to bomb there..... the east of euphrates should be now our main target. from there we can also go liberate raqqa. Also important this greek called "james stavridis" will probably become the vice president of the united states. He already mentionoted that he wants to seperate Syria into 3 zones (Sunni,Shia,Kurd)

cant post links..

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom