What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

These will happen but i do believe that ankara will annex long term portions of iraq and syria; this is generally land that they were forced to sign away back in 1923. It is a good move overall.

I don't understand how this happens. Professional army vs some bum militia. Its laughable.
in the early 2000's when the war against terrorism began for Pakistan there were unfortunately similar scenes in Pakistan Army, Some soldiers were captured and they were brutally murdered by these terrorist swines. However today a battle hardened army stands victorious and InShaAllah Turkey is not such dire situation. there is no resolve without sacrifice!

I would say send it abit more soldiers and much more armoured units. I think we should give the very trustworthy factions, I would say the Turkmens all old army stock like old m48 tanks and m60 tanks we dont use in reserves or old bmp carriers etc, what do you guys think.
and ISIS will attack you with Sucide BMP and M60 units in next month !?

month ago I talked about the danger of ATGM and this kind of ground but Turks member mocked me ...

let face the reality , you are not USA and you can't use USA standard tactic because you can't print DOLLARS ....

your best choice ( and cheapest choice ) is to use SAA recent tactics ( of course you can stop operation , but you won't ... ) ....

Euphrates Shield is only a part of a balanced diplomatic and military plan.
Turks all over the world hope that Turkey will take control over Mosul and Kirkuk as well northern Syria.
No occupation. But peacekeeping against western imperialists.

Tatar Kamil from Poland

Those nationalists you're talking about who want to conquer should bleed themselves, they should lose their own families not have others do it for them so they can claim the glory in the name of nationality.

I hope you don't believe what you're writing, too much nonsense in this thread.

Euphrates Shield is only a part of a balanced diplomatic and military plan.
Turks all over the world hope that Turkey will take control over Mosul and Kirkuk as well northern Syria.
No occupation. But peacekeeping against western imperialists.

Tatar Kamil from Poland
I do believe that is the end goal - there was nothing wrong with this; all of lebanon./syria/saudi arabia/iraq are imperialist drawn lines; look at the lines - you will see straight lines or jagged when they were probably drunk drawing lines; you also need to look on the map at our region southern africa - look at the Nambia border; kaprivi strip etc.

What has transpired in Halab is a repeat of history; this happened before in 1920 and I would not be here if my ancestors had not packed up their bags and left as they felt genocide would happen back then. there are thousands spread all over south america, southern africa and west africa.

Yea flood the skies with cheap uavs detect the targets and destroy with shelling keep few fighter planes ready for suicide trucks and post many atgm ready operators in different spots behind the front lines ready for that suicide truck in case the fighter planes are not ready to attack

using Drone in big numbers need great data infrastructure and steady chain of command and clear strategy to use it ( also an stable network to share critical data to all units ) .... USA has this , other countries don't have it ....

ISIS has released a new video showing burning of 2 captured Turkish soldiers alive. RIP to the soldiers, these psychopath terrorists know no limits in their savageness.

PS: There is a screenshot from the video (before burning) but won't post it in respect to the deceased soldiers.

Last edited:
Well some sources say that. 2000+ Iranian paramilitaries lost their lives while fighting ISIS and Iranian gov. hides it.

We never Hide it , back then when one of my distance relative martyred in Allepo , almost 5000 people came for his ceremony ....

Who the fk are the commanders of this operation? They must retire immediately. Why are they so fkd up in the heads? Why they dont think about the mothers of our soldiers? They dont take any measures about the security of our soldiers. The TURKISH ARMY with so many technological and technical resourses have the power to conquere whole Syria in less than 4 months the second biggest army in NATO. What the fk is going on? Cant you put some radars to detect ATGM nests and snipers and then destroy them with guided rockets/bombs? Put 2 UAVS in the skies and 2 in reserve. Put some acoustic detectors to detect snipers and send the coordinates. Put 4 look not 40 I said 4 attack helicopters in use and give them hell. Instead our tanks and vehicles DONT EVEN HAVE CAGE ARMOR WITH KNOWN INCREASED ATGM THREAT!??!?!?! WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO TELL TO THEIR MOTHERS WHEN THEY ASKED HOW IT HAPPENED? "We were able to prevent all of this but we are oldchool guys you know.... and we live in 1950 and dont even want to put optics on your sons rifles. Yeah". SORRY FOR THE DISRESPECT BUT YOU DISRESPECT MY NATION.
don't fool yourselves by these craps ...
Cage armour are no match for modern Tow , you have to use some jammer like Sarab jammer or use Active defence system like Trophy ...
side note : look like you lost more Leopard 2 than Russians lost T90 ....

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom