What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

9g4zlQ.jpg
77kJQr.jpg

Turkey cant do anything because of Russia at Aleppo.
Guess whose fault this is?
No one supported Turkey for security zone.There was enough time and land to stop Assad.
But Americans and Europians choosed a Terrorist organisation as a partner instead of a NATO member country.

Last edited:
lets also say our government let opportunities pass by..

you could ask my old uncle in turkey (anatolia) a farmer but he would just say dont trust those gavur americans.. he is wiser than many politicians..

Why is Aleppo not in your interest?

It is too far at the moment, and before Allepo, there is the whole PYD / PKK controlled region to take care of next, which is what came out of the security meeting, i.e. that any area containing any PYD force will be considered terrorist enclaves from now on, and action will be taken against them, including the recapture of Syrian towns from them..

What's going to be interesting is our position in Syria after 1 or 2 years. The rebels will most likely be mostly wiped out all over Syria except for our Euphrates Shield area. At that point Assad and PYD will be looking to push us out of Syria. We may end up fighting a serious war. The taking of Al-Bab and Manbij is critical for securing the Euphrates Shield region. We need those big towns as anchor points and we have to repopulate them. We will have a military presence in Syria for many years to come, and we have to or else the PKK will complete the shutting down of our border with the Arab world all the way from the Mediterranean to Iran.

What's going to be interesting is our position in Syria after 1 or 2 years. The rebels will most likely be mostly wiped out all over Syria except for our Euphrates Shield area. At that point Assad and PYD will be looking to push us out of Syria. We may end up fighting a serious war. The taking of Al-Bab and Manbij is critical for securing the Euphrates Shield region. We need those big towns as anchor points and we have to repopulate them. We will have a military presence in Syria for many years to come, and we have to or else the PKK will complete the shutting down of our border with the Arab world all the way from the Mediterranean to Iran.

IF the MGK decision is final, I doubt that the PYD will last that long.. as after Al-Bab, and Manbij, the direction will be all PYD controlled towns.. so it looks like N. Syria will become a semi-permanent outpost for Turkey, (or a future state)

http://www.milliyet.com.tr/ozgur-suriye-ordusu-na-arazi-gundem-2355342/

I wonder why we dont give some of the Akreps or even Cobras to our FSA Mercenaries. We give nearly 100 KIA/WIA in those Cobras in Anti Terror Operations due to they have very little IED defense capability. But they have perfect protection for small arms IS/PKK scum use in Syria.

Those trucks we give FSA are aliminium papers which has no protection. 5 bullet hit the truck = 3-5 dead or wounded FSA soldiers.

When things turn into street fight in Al-Bab, Cobra-like vehicles will be needed so much. Those trucks cannot survive in Al-Bab.

http://www.milliyet.com.tr/ozgur-suriye-ordusu-na-arazi-gundem-2355342/

I wonder why we dont give some of the Akreps or even Cobras to our FSA Mercenaries. We give nearly 100 KIA/WIA in those Cobras in Anti Terror Operations due to they have very little IED defense capability. But they have perfect protection for small arms IS/PKK scum use in Syria.

Those trucks we give FSA are aliminium papers which has no protection. 5 bullet hit the truck = 3-5 dead or wounded FSA soldiers.

When things turn into street fight in Al-Bab, Cobra-like vehicles will be needed so much. Those trucks cannot survive in Al-Bab.
That would be a major mistake. You even said it yourself they are mercenaries and mercenaries only answer to the highest bidder so if one day they were to betray us (which is a higher possibility than most of my countrymen think) then we will have to destroy whatever IFVs we give them (I won't go into the damage that 20/30 rouge Cobras can do, I'll leave that to your imagination).

That would be a major mistake. You even said it yourself they are mercenaries and mercenaries only answer to the highest bidder so if one day they were to betray us (which is a higher possibility than most of my countrymen think) then we will have to destroy whatever IFVs we give them (I won't go into the damage that 20/30 rouge Cobras can do, I'll leave that to your imagination).

So lets give to only Sultan Murad since they are more than mercenary but direct proxy. Also, whole ES surrounded with PKK and ISIS, and Turkey. They are like an Island. They do follow orders or die in the island though, they dont have much choices.

Back
Top Bottom