What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

People have forgotten what Amreecans did against us, giving ypg the resources and weapons. Ther fore they played against us in the mediterrean sea. Imagine we buy F35 and in a war they say we don't deliver you parts because of this and that, what will you do?

I think we have to stay away from ther weapons.
You have to stay away from "any" weapon... be it US or RU...
The problem is...as we saw previously... TR isn't the US or RU... Therefore you will try to find "allies" when you need to tilt the balance in X or Y situations against a stronger side, like we saw with RU recently...
Since, you showed that you weren't ready yet to "make yourself" a force apart from the US/RU/EU/CN block... Even though you had the upper hand.

So, for now, you gonna follow the "stronger" for each situations. Whatever you like it or not... Till, your country feel "strong", "Confident" enough to make the next step...

But...Let's hope when such move come... TR has the upper hand... otherwise... the fall gonna be hard...

Probably not as many as S-400 though, them being stand alone systems is negative enough.

It have single radar for engagement and for search, and it use a lot of energy. It have Phassed Array like the S-400 or Pantsir, for me it is outdated system. Untill we don't have seen AESA radar should not buy a system. Use the money for our own SIPER.

It have single radar for engagement and for search, and it use a lot of energy. It have Phassed Array like the S-400 or Pantsir, for me it is outdated system. Untill we don't have seen AESA radar should not buy a system. Use the money for our own SIPER.
Yeah but if there is a decision to be made between S-400 and Patriot then i'd go Patriot any day after seeing Russian AD performance in Syria, as said Patriot could at least be interoperable with other NATO systems.

I wont even mention what would be a better choice if it came to F-35 and S-400, espacially in Turkeys position as a Partner of the Program, it should be pretty obvious to everybody by now.

Yeah but if there is a decision to be made between S-400 and Patriot then i'd go Patriot any day after seeing Russian AD performance in Syria, as said Patriot could at least be interoperable with other NATO systems.

I wont even mention what would be a better choice if it came to F-35 and S-400, espacially in Turkeys position as a Partner of the Program, it should be pretty obvious to everybody by now.

Buying Patriot and then what, another senator demanding not to engage ypg or ambargo?

I still think S-400 is a good purchase but it doesn't feel like we re gonna be able to use it.
It has a range of ~400km, i don't think any country in the mediteranean sea has an EW system that can reach it, so in my opinion it will be effective. And if i'm not wrong they will gave us the Source code, so we can modify it to hit any ennemies (will be imp with Patriots).

I still think S-400 is a good purchase but it doesn't feel like we re gonna be able to use it.
It has a range of ~400km, i don't think any country in the mediteranean sea has an EW system that can reach it, so in my opinion it will be effective. And if i'm not wrong they will gave us the Source code, so we can modify it to hit any ennemies (will be imp with Patriots).
I dont think they'll ever give the source code now if havent already. The russian have learned the capabilities of turkey and its potential. Theyll be $hit scared to pass any ToT now considering what turkey could do to their system and surpass their own capabilities with their own systems

None will ever give source codes of radars or seekers as that will mean the signal can be spoofed. So, it is almost impossible that any source code was given. Russia will never give source codes, even of older generation radars as even that can be used to learn about Russian algorithm. Same with any other country. At best, hardware TOT can be given to some extent but never software

I dont think they'll ever give the source code now if havent already. The russian have learned the capabilities of turkey and its potential. Theyll be $hit scared to pass any ToT now considering what turkey could do to their system and surpass their own capabilities with their own systems

I think the opposite, US is puching hard on us to drop the S-400. I don't think they will give more reason to drop it, they rather see us in bad term with the US

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-missiles-if-s-400-not-operated-idUSKBN20X1I8

The Turkish army began to withdraw heavy weapons from observation posts in Syrian Idlib. It is reported by RIA Novosti with reference to a Turkish military source.

"Ankara began the gradual withdrawal of heavy weapons from observation posts in Syrian Idlib in accordance with the agreement of March 5," the source said.

On Wednesday, March 11, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan announced single violations of the ceasefire in Idlib, which he agreed with Russian President Vladimir Putin.

"Now there are, although small, violations of the ceasefire. We are reporting this to Russia and want the necessary measures to be taken," he said.

Back
Top Bottom