What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

Yes and No.
Yes, If Erdogan do no care about RU threats and therefore enforce his "No Jet" policy.
No, if They fear retaliation and then escalation.

As I said before. If you do not have a proper end Goal and by extent accepting EVERY consequences that could get out of it (War/Conflict...), then Every single "action" is meaningless and will backfire on you, with possible greater consequences.

TR with NATO(in lesser extent) are "hoping/betting" that RU play by the "rules" (ie Do not Act against them), by stopping using their planes... with the coming of Patriots.

So, in the End, it a game of Bluff... Who will make the first "move"... the first "mistake"...

IF Erdogan still cares should now that we don't care anymore, then ther is no reason to stay around Idlib losing soldiers. And from now ther is no going back, you sacrificed your soldiers life for what? It will be total los if he don' use it.

I am just talking about the reality and I have told that it was because of the government. I am not sure which rule did that break, admins shouldn't act salty.

Just know that I will not allow anybody describing Turkish army with “joined dishonorable list, asskicked, asswhiped” like words. I will not give account to you which rule you are breaking while you are insulting your own people who lost their lifes for this country. Just do not push the limit of ethic and moral in such difficult times If you have a really clear agenda. Just stay in respect lines while making your criticism.

IF Erdogan still cares should now that we don't care anymore, then ther is no reason to stay around Idlib losing soldiers. And from now ther is no going back, you sacrificed your soldiers life for what? It will be total los if he don' use it.
It's a tricky situation, Now that both sides will be in balance with such new assets...
And if both sides keep their stance, with one taking back Idlib and the other wanting it all... that could get out of hand quickly...
But as of right now, RU still believe TR is "manageable" despite Clear violation/death etc... and till this day, they are right, so maybe they believe it will stay the same even with such "new assets" and "Dynamic".

This is really a new low by the Russians. They seem hell bent on causing a humanitarian disaster perhaps because they feel that eventually Europe will suffer by it. And they will kill anything that stands in their way. Apparently there are no refugees and Turks are just protecting terrorists. They are forcefully displacing millions that they know too well can never live under Assad. But even before this, the way that they threw themselves in front of the PKK even though the PKK was being supported by the Yanks, was a real sign that you can't be allies with such people.

Do such allies have any value at all? That is my question. Who needs enemies when you have such allies. **** the Russian to hell regardless of the consequences, but thats my opinion. But a good leader will weigh the pros and cons himself and reach his own conclusions based on information that we don't have.

And truth is that there are not many true allies or friends for the Turks right now and the Yanks and more dangerous. I suppose the difference between the both of them is that the Russians will shoot you in the face whereas the Yanks will stab you in the back.

But I think that Turks are really trying hard to preserve the relationship they have with Russians. The last time a jet was shot down, the Turks suffered with Russian sanctions, travel bans for tourists, well a lot of unpleasantries.
So it is just a case of what the Turks are prepared to sacrifice.

Thats a whole different dynamic tho having ur soldiers directly targeted by Russians.. I dont know tbh. The tourism crisis between 2014 and 2017 had more factors then only the Russia-turko break down in 2015 and Turkey has in fact a huge trade deficit with Russia and tomatoe exports dont compensate that deficit. Its more their tourist numbers which kinda compensated that but Russians are also not big money spenders.

It could be possible that the Turkish side wants the final shipment of the S400 and then lower the relations with Turkey analyzing the whole system and its weaknesses and then get rid off while keeping 1 radar and 1 launcher in a facility for R&D purposes at the end the final shipment is 1 months away..

Everybody calm down!

The reason why the Turkish army is waiting is the negotiations with NATO. Remember that Turkey is the second strongest NATO member. Once NATO gives the green light and offers its support, it will end very badly for Russia in Syria.

The Turkish army is aware of everything and is now waiting for the right moment. Think, all that military shipment is not for nothing... War will break out. Russia will have to give Idlib either at the table or in the field.

Many over here would accept the sacrifice of Turkish soldiers if there was a real war and if those soldiers fought for an objective.

Many are angry because their soldiers are sent to a warzone as sitting duck without any clear objectives and orders. It's hard to say but those soldiers are at the mercy of the Russians and the Syrians.
The Syrians pose little threat to the Turks and truth is that no one believed this time last week that Russians would directly attack the Turks. So the game has changed now and the saying 'One bit twice shy comes to mind'
And regarding the soldiers that lost their lives to shelling last week, now it has the smell of Vodka all over it.

Thats a whole different dynamic tho having ur soldiers directly targeted by Russians.. I dont know tbh. The tourism crisis between 2014 and 2017 had more factors then only the Russia-turko break down in 2015 and Turkey has in fact a huge trade deficit with Russia and tomatoe exports dont compensate that deficit. Its more their tourist numbers which kinda compensated that but Russians are also not big money spenders.

It could be possible that the Turkish side wants the final shipment of the S400 and then lower the relations with Turkey analyzing the whole system and its weaknesses and then get rid off while keeping 1 radar and 1 launcher in a facility for R&D purposes at the end the final shipment is 1 months away..

I they don't deliver the rest of the system we will stop paying the money:-).

Even the one they have is good enough for r&d. And by not receiving any more shipments or support the Yanks might put Turkey back in the F35 Program.

Everybody calm down!

The reason why the Turkish army is waiting is the negotiations with NATO. Remember that Turkey is the second strongest NATO member. Once NATO gives the green light and offers its support, it will end very badly for Russia in Syria.

The Turkish army is aware of everything and is now waiting for the right moment. Think, all that military shipment is not for nothing... War will break out. Russia will have to give Idlib either at the table or in the field.
Joke of the century... Nothing is gonna happen, stop pretending as if the goverment has any plans, there should have been a couple downed Russian planes a month ago already.

All Erdo does is threatening with ''until end of the month'' as if he was giving russians the free hand to strike more, AKP's adventure is Syria is over, its time to pull out before loosing more soldiers to erdogans ego.

Now some people start crying like that Russians have SAM so they can block airspace to Turkish f16. Thats Why Turkey hasnt retaliated yet.
Just producing reasons to cover their crimes.
Turkish Army has HAWK SAM!

Screenshot_20200221-213333.jpg

Green zone belongs to Turkish backed forces
serakip-yeni-%C3%BCsler-ing-341x400.jpg

At least Turkey has the most powerful land force in the region. Just next to 20km!!
Screenshot_20200221-212732.jpg

Where is our Hawk SAM??

Some people started saying" russians have SAMs , they cover airspace so we cant send f16s." How come Israel could send onto fire its f16s? Dont you have anti radiation missiles? If somebody wanted to repay russians , he would have done it before.
Dont fabricate some reasons for your immobility.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200221-212732.jpg
    Screenshot_20200221-212732.jpg
    642 KB · Views: 13
Joke of the century... Nothing is gonna happen, stop pretending as if the goverment has any plans, there should have been a couple downed Russian planes a month ago already.

All Erdo does is threatening with ''until end of the month'' as if he was giving russians the free hand to strike more, AKP's adventure is Syria is over, its time to pull out before loosing more soldiers to erdogans ego.

@cabatli_53 Please..enough is enough..

@cabatli_53 Please..enough is enough..
What, do you want to silence me? You are right enough is enough, im sick of your bullshit of producing excuses for those directly resonsible for this mess.
Get some spine and call things by the name instead of getting angry at those who call it out.

Back
Top Bottom