What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

Erdogan says that ground and air operations to start in the coming days!

Could the joint-patrol thing have been used to study YPG's defence lines from within? Remember that YPG even destroyed some of their defensive tunnels and positions.

I f*cking hope so. He needs to clean this mess before he goes. PKK fanatics have gotten too comfortable. They need a wakeup call ASAP.

If indeed the joint patrols were used to get valuable insights before a liberation, Turkey would once again have showcased is tactical brilliance and understanding for effective warfare!

International media reports the operation to start tonight or tomorrow night.

Self-proclaimed Syria experts claim to have intel suggesting the operation to be named Fountain of Peace

Why would TR announce an operation ahead of time? tactically it makes no sense because you're giving the enemy a heads up to prepare and move assets around. SMH

Why would TR announce an operation ahead of time? tactically it makes no sense because you're giving the enemy a heads up to prepare and move assets around. SMH

Because it is nothing other but empty talk mostly used for internal consume. Erdogan announces that operation for the 10th time in the last year and by now nobody takes him seriously.

Nothing will happen.

They have to announce it because of presence of coalition soldiers. Also its pretty hard to hide troop movements nowadays, so misinformation is more relevant. And to be honest its been announced so many times that most of us don't believe it will happen any time soon. So if it does happen even tonight, we'll all be surprised. I'd say that is pretty good tactics, but truth is Coalition is monitoring the situation and will give the PKK heads up anyway.

i have read tweets that pentagon will withdraw troops to “avoid” war with nato ally
It is happening and hewals are in panic mode

Attachments

• 6897B47B-80C2-40A4-83C8-D136E0477E3C.jpeg
    6897B47B-80C2-40A4-83C8-D136E0477E3C.jpeg
    420.9 KB · Views: 79
i have read tweets that pentagon will withdraw troops to “avoid” war with nato ally
It is happening and hewals are in panic mode

Could you please provide me with the links to these tweets/sources?

I f*cking hope so. He needs to clean this mess before he goes. PKK fanatics have gotten too comfortable. They need a wakeup call ASAP.

I some times think the TSK should be independant and take whats best for Turkey.

Politicians regardless of party have always been obstacles to the Turkish army.

I always felt a Prussian style autonomy could work for the Turkish army.

I some times think the TSK should be independant and take whats best for Turkey.

Politicians regardless of party have always been obstacles to the Turkish army.

I always felt a Prussian style autonomy could work for the Turkish army.

And that's precisely why I would prefer a CHP/İYİ Parti led Turkey. They would allow TSK to operate independently.

I'm hoping that all the tanks we send in will have active protection and ERA. I hope that years of planning will make this a smooth operation.

It's been more than one year. I was in Turkey when Tayyip said that the operations might start in a few days. Since that day we have been waiting for it.
But most probably it will be a small and limited operation coz akp government has recognized the pkkistan already.

Even Ceysul Vatani(Syrian National Army) elements are not exactly arrived in the region yet. There is a considerable amount of information pollution in social media.

Back
Top Bottom