What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

Best joke of the year...
Coming from the guy who was saying " let's give RU/ASSad the northern border, they will keep PKK out..."

What happen to your facts? Was that a bad Dream all along?

They never were broken.
They worked with each others from the beginning...

If we accepted Assad as legitimate leader he wouldn’t be forced to make concessions to YPG. Use your Brian. This Syria campaign by AKP is a failure. Now it is time to reverse it.

Best joke of the year...
Coming from the guy who was saying " let's give RU/ASSad the northern border, they will keep PKK out..."

They never were broken.

Will you please tell me what Turkey is in Syria for?

We must keep in mind that Turkish forces will also not stay forever if there is not an official UN peace keeping force and Turkey is not a part of it on the East of Euphrates. If Turkey stays as a guarantor force for how much it will stay? So if normalization and political process starts with Saudi, Egyptian and UAE forces there which have "YES" from the next Syrian government they would ruin all our efforts in the middle and long term because I am sure that they would want a federation under Egyptian, Saudi and UAE guarantee and in the end of the day our presence on the East of Euphrates would be illegal and comparable to the Israeli presence on Golan and the only possible presence would be Idlib and ES-OB areas as there are not our political figures representing the Eastern of Euphrates like the opposition figures representing Idlib and OB-ES areas who would officially invite us. We could also count Idlib under their control with their Al Qaeda servants and if the situation continue like this there will be military action against Idlib and soon or late it will fall under Assad control as HTS is listed as terrorist organization by all the major players and such counter terrorist action will get the support of everyone while of course they are "concerned about the civilians" while the civilians will get evacuated by Turkish corridors.

If I have to be honest I start to get concerned about all that. I am wondering what would be the response of that genial move because if not tomorrow then after 5-10 years we will return at point one of the beginning. If there is no direct threat to Turkish security from the Syrian border there will be no reason to stay there legally. There are only three solutions coming to my mind. First solution is annexing which is not good. Second solution is possible all out war which is also not a good solution. Third solution is placing the needed people in the political structure there but these things are not done from now to tomorrow and the existing initiatives got crushed by YPG before. I hope our officials know what are they doing and solve the problem not for the next week but from its root. In the root for that operation to success is the proper work and coordination with Assad. In the end it is clear that he will decide how the whole story will end for them and I am not to optimistic about it. I think he would give them enough power to press us but on the end he will get bitten by them to. The Syrian problem is more complicated even by the problem in Iraq because on the time even if we didn't do the needed we again had some cards and played them good enough. We must be ready for the next KRG but this time on Syrian territory.

A question. If in 5-10 years time there is no direct threat to Turkish security from the Syrian border, then why would Turkey want to stay inside Syria then (legality aside)? I don't think that AKP really wants to open a border change in the region, especially since the Kurds are bound to be taking land this time around.

If Turkey is not inside Syria to kill terrorists and help destroy IS, what is Turkey doing in Syria?

Best joke of the year...

They never were broken.

they were sorta freezed. Not cozy as they used to be. Cause the whore had US pimping her.

say what you want about Erdogan, God knows he has his faults, but when it comes to dealings with leaders, reading the room and ppl, turning crisis into oportunities, he is a f.cuking master. Burak Kadercan wasnt far from the truth when he said that he would make Machiaveli cry from joy and Sun Tzu smile

If we accepted Assad as legitimate leader he wouldn’t be forced to make concessions to YPG. Use your Brian. This Syria campaign by AKP is a failure. Now it is time to reverse it.
You are the embodiment of Paradox... You are the type of guy who will ask for a Kebab without meat...

Last edited:
A question. If in 5-10 years time there is no direct threat to Turkish security from the Syrian border, then why would Turkey want to stay inside Syria then (legality aside)? I don't think that AKP really wants to open a border change in the region, especially since the Kurds are bound to be taking land this time around.

If Turkey is not inside Syria to kill terrorists and help destroy IS, what is Turkey doing in Syria?

No one is in Syria or Iraq to destroy IS/terrorists only.

By direct threat I mean direct attacks on Turkish forces.

I think the main objective of Turkey in Northern Syria is to prevent the creation of a Kurdish state along the Southern border and combating PKK as a first priority in the counter terrorism efforts. If countries like Egypt and UAE were not involved in the guaranteeing for SDF I don't think I would be so concerned. By adding these Arab countries which will buy the local tribes and chiefs and give the opportunity to SDF of which the YPG is our main priority terror target in Syria to exist in the Arab territories the calculations start to become harder.

My personal hope for the destruction of the base of the terrorist organization PYD/YPG was based on taking control of the Kurdish populated areas, invest there and place a decent alternative to what PYD gave them before. Free and support the opposition Kurdish parties to PYD which were destroyed and their members killed or jailed, give security to the people and secure prosperity for the areas due to the border crossings with Turkey from which there would be a traffic of goods.

With the Arab forces coming with their money and promises to the Arab part of the SDF the situation will become very serious and not only we but also the Arab population will be harmed. When the first serious signs of the realization of the operation came there were serious contacts with some Arab tribes leaders and armed militiamen which were ready to cooperate with the Turkish Armed Forces and FSA in the control of the Arab populated areas South but now all the efforts may be ruined because of that possible move because the real objective is not not to leave power bubbles but to be sure that the power will be enough for the PYD/YPG to continue doing what they are doing and we are not talking about the war against DEASH.

They need their voices to be heard in new Syria at first and then they will make it in a such way that their voices will start to be heard in the whole region and that is why Turkey must do what is needed because there are surely preparations going on for the creation of a proxy state which will obey on 100% to their masters and will be big and rich enough to defend the interests of their masters in the region because as we see Turkey is not a country that can be dictated what to do and what not anymore. Compared to the 2003 when Turkey couldn't give even a "musical note" to the US or compared to the times not to long ago when Turkey herself was forced to give another life to the terrorist organization priority one by letting reinforcements cross trough Turkish land now the situation is different. On the night of 15 to 16 July 2016 it was decided with a strong fist what course should Turkey head and that date will stay symbolic for the future of Turkey and the Turkish strategy for years to come.

By direct threat I mean direct attacks on Turkish forces.

I think the main objective of Turkey in Northern Syria is to prevent the creation of a Kurdish state along the Southern border and combating PKK as a first priority in the counter terrorism efforts. If countries like Egypt and UAE were not involved in the guaranteeing for SDF I don't think I would be so concerned. By adding these Arab countries which will buy the local tribes and chiefs and give the opportunity to SDF of which the YPG is our main priority terror target in Syria to exist in the Arab territories the calculations start to become harder.

My personal hope for the destruction of the base of the terrorist organization PYD/YPG was based on taking control of the Kurdish populated areas, invest there and place a decent alternative to what PYD gave them before. Free and support the opposition Kurdish parties to PYD which were destroyed and their members killed or jailed, give security to the people and secure prosperity for the areas due to the border crossings with Turkey from which there would be a traffic of goods.

With the Arab forces coming with their money and promises to the Arab part of the SDF the situation will become very serious and not only we but also the Arab population will be harmed. When the first serious signs of the realization of the operation came there were serious contacts with some Arab tribes leaders and armed militiamen which were ready to cooperate with the Turkish Armed Forces and FSA in the control of the Arab populated areas South but now all the efforts may be ruined because of that possible move because the real objective is not not to leave power bubbles but to be sure that the power will be enough for the PYD/YPG to continue doing what they are doing and we are not talking about the war against DEASH.

They need their voices to be heard in new Syria at first and then they will make it in a such way that their voices will start to be heard in the whole region and that is why Turkey must do what is needed because there are surely preparations going on for the creation of a proxy state which will obey on 100% to their masters and will be big and rich enough to defend the interests of their masters in the region because as we see Turkey is not a country that can be dictated what to do and what not anymore. Compared to the 2003 when Turkey couldn't give even a "musical note" to the US or compared to the times not to long ago when Turkey herself was forced to give another life to the terrorist organization priority one by letting reinforcements cross trough Turkish land now the situation is different. On the night of 15 to 16 July 2016 it was decided with a strong fist what course should Turkey head and that date will stay symbolic for the future of Turkey and the Turkish strategy for years to come.

Many thanks for your insight.

crazy thing about this is that maybe 4-5 parties may be involved in this, all from differente reasons. YPG has incentive to let this heppen and try to use it to make US rethink the pullout there are many in the Congress who are against not to mention obamas former admin officals, ISIS from propaganda purposes so that they can claim that they made US pullout, Russian and Assad, and Iran to put the preassure on US to pull out as soon as posible. Only Turkey has no such incentive, Erdogan had a deal, only Turkey had the deal, this just may complicate things

Last edited:
Looks a YPG handy work to make US cancel its withdrawal to save YPG A**.

Back
Top Bottom