What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

I gotta admit the turkish government has balls

The reinforcements to border with Idlib and police arresting HTS in turkey means one thing:

Turkey operation will be for both east of Euphrates and Idlib simultaneously

That a very huge scale operation which justifies why even old tanks are now being deployed it's like if the inventory is being exhausted with all this deployment

I personally support the operation but doubt whether it should happen this way

The scale, the risk of casualties, fighting against american weapons, dozen of possible fronts , massive area to cover, Idlib mixed population in line of fire

I really hope you plan this well if not then it's about to become the biggest shit show in turkey history ( tho the operation is to be success no matter what my concern is what will be the cost of that success)

Good luck

Commando units are being dispatched to the Syrian border in Hatay. Now we see the camo in the environment which is meant to be used in.
Dwy4CecWwAA7LBG.jpg

Dwy4DuGXQAAp5S8.jpg
Dwy_GdNX4AA1RE6.jpg

Dwy_HsFXgAAJTjN.jpg

Dwy_I_UWwAEChvQ.jpg

Dwy_KnUWwAE1xJ2.jpg

Maybe for only support, maybe to give to the FSA, or to show how "even the oldest weapons are active".
Meanwhile, these tanks are m48a5t2. It has features close to M60 level. 105 mm gun, passive night vision device and new fire control system, laser distance meter, stabilization equipment and ballistic computer.

No, these tanks are unfortunatly the ones of the land forces. They wont be used by the fsa, they will be used by turkish soldiers. The same thing applies unfortunatly to the m113 as well. There is arma 6x6-8x8, fnss 6x6,8x8, tulpar,kaplan,korhan altay etc. etc. but non of them in the inventory of the land forces. Unfortunate but yeah. Gota live with what you have.

No, these tanks are unfortunatly the ones of the land forces. They wont be used by the fsa, they will be used by turkish soldiers. The same thing applies unfortunatly to the m113 as well. There is arma 6x6-8x8, fnss 6x6,8x8, tulpar,kaplan,korhan altay etc. etc. but non of them in the inventory of the land forces. Unfortunate but yeah. Gota live with what you have.

Most AFV/tank casualties in ES, and Afrin were from tactical problems. We used fsa as infantry support and unfourtuanatly they weren’t up for the task. There isn’t much we can do at this point not even M60 Sabra with Era was able to defend from atgm’s.

If we employ good tactics like in Afrin op, we can avoid most armoured vehicle casualties.

Let’s not for get Arma, Kaplan, korhan are LAV’s (lightly armoured vehicle). Without Active protection systems, these types of vehicles aren’t even designed to be able to defeat atgms.

Tactics are the most important thing when avoiding casualties.

Back
Top Bottom