What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

War is expensive.
it is, but if they wish to create sustainability for those Syrians coming back home... those oil fields will be THE major incomes... there is nothing else, even fertile lands isn't enough for a quarter of them... therefore making them entirely linked to TR economy/funding... aka not different from what it's being done today.

Ps: And Adding few Millions extra for those already leaving along the border... Therefore making the Syrian pop under TR around 6Mil...

it is, but if they wish to create sustainability for those Syrians coming back home... those oil fields will be THE major incomes... there is nothing else, even fertile lands isn't enough for a quarter of them... therefore making them entirely linked to TR economy/funding... aka not different from what it's being done today.

Qamisli and Al-Hasakah Oil/Gasfields?

Qamisli and Al-Hasakah Oil/Gasfields?
If it's only the border...then TR is "literally" stopping at the door of those massive oil fields...

DuYl6_DXgAEtZlY.jpg:large

If it's only the border...then TR is "literally" stopping at the door of those massive oil fields...

Did you understand that SAA is in Deir ez Zor and sends reinforcements... and Turkey's operation starts ~Jan/Feb 2019?
Can you see that SAA needs to cross the Euphrates to reach the Oilfields, while Turkey must clear the whole YPG/PKK region?

And? TR need it all... If she wish to relocate her 4+Mil Syrians..

It's easy for an Tunesian to say "And?" because those who risk their lifes are not your Soldiers.
We will relocate them if they/you like it or not, there is enough space, fertile land and enough water. It's not TSK's job to conquer them Oilfields, but to clear borders from PKK.

The life of our Soldiers is for me more important than Oil.

Last edited:
Did you understand that SAA is in Deir ez Zor and sends reinforcements... and Turkey's operation starts ~Jan/Feb 2019?
Can you see that SAA needs to cross the Euphrates to reach the Oilfields, while Turkey must clear the whole YPG/PKK region?

Deir ez Zor region is an Arab region, with Arab groups under US influence. Therefore Their is a possibility to transfer "Rule" or keep a Bilateral one btw TR and the US.That will stop ASSad. That will result in possible "No fight/No YPG cleaning needed".
So TR just need to clean the Northern part of East Syria, the border Corridor. Since if OP happen, the Majority of YPG related fighters will go there as reinforcement. That will result in Even More weakening their partial "Influence" in the Arab region.

If TR play their cards well, by good diplomacy and given the right conditions for an interesting deal with the Arab region (Rakka/Deirez zor etc...), She will make very little work agaisnt YPG, we could even think of a "Sandwich op" with both sides "North and South against "That YPG Corridor.

Good relations with the central government of Syria is more important than some oil. Turkey needs to make more friends. I would rather just buy it than “steal” it because it would be cheaper anyway. War is expensive. Buffer zone is needed (40km max). Not only as bargaining chip but we can also dump the millions of Syrians there and we would be sure Assad wouldn’t be torturing them.

Good relations with the central government of Syria is more important than some oil. Turkey needs to make more friends. I would rather just buy it than “steal” it because it would be cheaper anyway. War is expensive. Buffer zone is needed (40km max). Not only as bargaining chip but we can also dump the millions of Syrians there and we would be sure Assad wouldn’t be torturing them.
Sometimes I ask myself...If you are trolling or really believing what you are writing...

Better no yankees and assad shall shut up and sit down.No dirty alliance with kurds anymore, no faking france or british to play game. So it is clear, we will fight against deash. First we will destroy ypg and then deash. Every stupid comment of some members are destroyed.

IS is already destroyed for like 95%... Can't he just say YPG is his target without this ISIS bullshit

That's Syrian land

France could also take Tunisia and make it a colony using force, that's what you're advocating for here and don't reply with 'Syria is not a country'

Deir ez Zor region is an Arab region, with Arab groups under US influence. Therefore Their is a possibility to transfer "Rule" or keep a Bilateral one btw TR and the US.That will stop ASSad. That will result in possible "No fight/No YPG cleaning needed".
So TR just need to clean the Northern part of East Syria, the border Corridor. Since if OP happen, the Majority of YPG related fighters will go there as reinforcement. That will result in Even More weakening their partial "Influence" in the Arab region.

If TR play their cards well, by good diplomacy and given the right conditions for an interesting deal with the Arab region (Rakka/Deirez zor etc...), She will make very little work agaisnt YPG, we could even think of a "Sandwich op" with both sides "North and South against "That YPG Corridor.

Transfer of rule won't make any difference. Assad and Iran want DeZ bad. They were willing to confront the US to get it (which got 100s of their men and even many Russians massacred by US). They won't give it up to Turkey. Unless Turkey can get Russia to back down - and the only possible way I can see that happening is if Turkey gives up Idlib and maybe not even then - then Assad/Iran will take it by force under the protection of Russia.

That's Syrian land

France could also take Tunisia and make it a colony using force, that's what you're advocating for here and don't reply with 'Syria is not a country'

Syria was a country. But People are STILL Syrians. and therefore such identity MUST be respected.
Now, Since ASSad and affiliate AREN'T rightful rulers... being/respecting their rule isn't necessary, neither being forced to live under him...

So, the Q is what Future do THOSE SYRIANS (around 10Mil) who rejected him as a ruler ,because of obvious reasons, shall do/go to?
-Shall they forcefully accept to live under him after such events JUST for the sake of "LAND"?
-Or Shall they get/go "somewhere" peaceful/stable to rebuild their life?

And That's why I prefer having TR getting as much as possible of land out of ASSad for those 10Mil Syrians who flew from ASSad GET a home to return to.
Simple as that.

And let's be honest here... If any Future for a RETURN shall happen... it's not with those few Kms of Desert near the border, with ZERO resources neither fertile enough lands that will Feed/Help those 10Mil ppl to survive and grow to a better future...
And the result will be WHAT you fear... The lose not only of "Land" but also of "Identity" since they will be under the mercy of whatever TR will or will not give them Food/Funds etc... and therefore get mixed INTO the Turkish society and Identity. Since sustainability couldn't be achieved.

Last edited:
Syria was a country. But People are STILL Syrians. and therefore such identity MUST be respected.
Now, Since ASSad and affiliate AREN'T rightful rulers... being/respecting their rule isn't necessary, neither being forced to live under him...

So, the Q is what Future do THOSE SYRIANS (around 10Mil) who rejected him as a rulers because of obvious reasons will do/go to?
-Shall their forcefully accept to live under him after such events JUST for the sake of "LAND"?
-Or Shall they get "somewhere" peaceful/stable to rebuild their life?

And That's why I prefer having TR getting as much as possible of land out of ASSad for that WAY those 10Mil Syrians who flew from ASSad GET a home to return to.
Simple as that.

No, you prefer Turkey to get as much land because it suits your agenda, it suits the MB-led Tunisia.

Assad is human whom will die and be replaced, most Syrians never meet him and don't care about politics. Turkey is not an Arab state, Syrians don't want to be ruled by another force.

Your entire logic is trash, reminds me of Iraq in 2014 not so long ago when everyone said we were doomed, when Barzani was dancing like a monkey. That said, if Turkey takes land it will embark on a path of Arabization for its own country given they will head to Istanbul and Arabs tend to make more kids.

Say the truth, no need to lie.

Transfer of rule won't make any difference. Assad and Iran want DeZ bad. They were willing to confront the US to get it (which got 100s of their men and even many Russians massacred by US). They won't give it up to Turkey. Unless Turkey can get Russia to back down - and the only possible way I can see that happening is if Turkey gives up Idlib and maybe not even then - then Assad/Iran will take it by force under the protection of Russia.

SAA already controls Deir Az Zour

No, you prefer Turkey to get as much land because it suits your agenda, it suits the MB-led Tunisia.

Assad is human whom will die and be replaced, most Syrians never meet him and don't care about politics. Turkey is not an Arab state, Syrians don't want to be ruled by another force.

Your entire logic is trash, reminds me of Iraq in 2014 not so long ago when everyone said we were doomed, when Barzani was dancing like a monkey. That said, if Turkey takes land it will embark on a path of Arabization for its own country given they will head to Istanbul and Arabs tend to make more kids.

Say the truth, no need to lie.

SAA already controls Deir Az Zour

No... you have a problem... you see only under the lenses of "Protecting Arab identity"... I don't give a F*ck about Identity...Those people who fled the war...Lost family members...saw death in front of their eyes... Were treated like cockroach in their way to other countries... don't give a damn f*ck about being Arab or not when it comes to have peace/stability/Protection for their Kids...

Ruled by another Force... And who do you think is Ruling that Arab dictator? hein?

No... you have a problem... you see only under the lenses of "Protecting Arab identity"... I don't give a F*ck about Identity...Those people who fled the war...Lost family members...saw death in front of their eyes... don't give a damn f*ck about being Arab or not when it comes to have peace/stability/Protection for their Kids...

Protecting identity is more important.

Why not? I lost family in Iraqi wars, in the Iran-Iraq war. It was worth it preserving the state from Iranian occupation or any others, or wait you support that cause you don't like Iran, you like Turkey lol. Both of them are foreign to Syria no difference.

Peace and war come and go, there is no eternal peace or eternal war so don't focus too much on that.

In fact, the region needs some more Arabization therefore there's work to do, once you're done with the MB and Tamazigh stories you can return to the fold and do your job.

Back
Top Bottom