What's new

Turkish Oil & Gas Exploration Update & Discussion

Our neighbours (Iran, Iraq, Syria, Azerbaijan, Greece) found something but Turkey has nothing? i can't believe that...
I think that Turkey has enough undiscovered Gas/Oil fields!

View attachment 461047

Dont get me wrong but turkey is younger than its neighboors.Not the country but land anatolia,Turkish lands are third generation land it has rised from ground of sea to surface while iraq syria iran are second generation land.
This second generation,third generation thing is made up by me for example.The point is turkey is younger than its neighboors.

Of course turkey have some oil reserves but its not one big reserve its small but too many reserve.Turkey splitted them while its rising to surface and that small reserves is not worth to drill.

Wishful thinking.
Be that as it may, don't you find it peculiar that whatever direction you go from Turkish borders in the southeast you stumble upon vast resources of oil/gas a couple dozen km away from Turkish borders, and yet Turkey has virtually none of it?
Even more peculiar is that even an American study claims that Turkey could have 600 b m^2 to 2 trillion m^2 of recoverable shale gas and yet we hear absolutely nothing about it for years at a time.

I hope Turkey discover some decent amount of oil and gas reserve in it territory . I am sure Turkey have the capabilities and opportunity to better utilize their resources then their Arab neighbors .with massive economic boost through oil and gas turkey can reemerge as Muslim super power .

Be that as it may, don't you find it peculiar that whatever direction you go from Turkish borders in the southeast you stumble upon vast resources of oil/gas a couple dozen km away from Turkish borders, and yet Turkey has virtually none of it?
Even more peculiar is that even an American study claims that Turkey could have 600 b m^2 to 2 trillion m^2 of recoverable shale gas and yet we hear absolutely nothing about it for years at a time.

https://www.offshore-technology.com/projects/ayazligasfieldblacks/

http://www.iene.gr/6thSEEED/articlefiles/sessionIII/Hutta.pdf

you will hear it when kurd would have their country.. or why do you think they support them? :)

thats not wishfull thinking.. there had been no real searches for oil and gas in turkey.. my opinion is we have plenty of minarals,gold and at least plenty gas. somewhere I read the real serious search for oil was about like hundret years ago..

we have to search for it and take it out by ourselves.. as long as we dont take it out by our selves I am fine with waiting..

oil and gas would not be a curse for us because we are depended to oil and gas and this is being used against us.. we would be much more independend if we had more oil and gas..

It reminds me on conspiracy theory , that Turkey will search and dig out all of its huge resources on its centennial anniversary.

It reminds me on conspiracy theory , that Turkey will search and dig out all of its huge resources on its centennial anniversary.

The good old 2023 conspiracy theory.

How many per cent USA's or PRC's or Japanese or German economy has oil revenues? Not significant.

How many per cent USA's or PRC's or Japanese or German economy has oil revenues? Not significant.

The Americans do have some significant oil and shale gas, I believe they are on the edge of becoming self sufficient and have allowed exports and exports were banned for a few decades there.

But yes you can have a decent economy without oil or gas.

1.jpg

USA have huge oil and natural gas reserve. They are 10th in oil and 4th in natural gas reserve in the world.
Besides you may include their Middle East colony ;)

İ meant percentage of oil revenue in the total national income.

Turkey does have huge amounts of explored and estimated reserves. The problem has to do with expenses. Unfortunately because of Turkey's geography the reserves are generally very deep and expensive to dig out where as if you stumble upon a rock in Saudi Arabia oil bursts out. This is the real reason we don't have many options when it comes to energy.

Source : Studied geophysics engineering back in university and this was naturally the hot topic we kept on asking about.

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom