What's new

Turkish Oil & Gas Exploration Update & Discussion

Pi Makine Drilling Mast (7000m drilling capacity)

sondaj-kulesi1.jpg
sondaj-kule.jpg

I read somewhere that Turkey might have huge shale reserves, but no news on the subject is available since years

if we can keep gas fields it would be huge boost to our economy

Now take a second...and think who is the most Successful...
Gas/Oil are a curse...

Oil and gas are a blessing for those who have working economies and know how to use their resources right- like Norway. Even if Gulf Arabs were never so hardworking and innovative as the Norwegians they still managed to achieve one of the highest standards of living for their population. Even they are now trying to diversify their economies. Malaysia is also doing pretty well with all the oil in their country. I don’t doubt Israel will use their newly found resources pretty well too.

Nigeria, Venezuela, Angola, Russia etc are a completely different story.

Our neighbours (Iran, Iraq, Syria, Azerbaijan, Greece) found something but Turkey has nothing? i can't believe that...
I think that Turkey has enough undiscovered Gas/Oil fields!

View attachment 461047

Wishful thinking. But don’t be distressed, natural resources are not everything.

Oil and gas are a blessing for those who have working economies and know how to use their resources right- like Norway. Even if Gulf Arabs were never so hardworking and innovative as the Norwegians they still managed to achieve one of the highest standards of living for their population. Even they are now trying to diversify their economies. Malaysia is also doing pretty well with all the oil in their country. I don’t doubt Israel will use their newly found resources pretty well too.

Nigeria, Venezuela, Angola, Russia etc are a completely different story.

I don't think being a working economy is the key...
What Is important is the "National/Government System."

Does the sys allow the use of Resources for the Good/Future of the Country and his population or for the pockets and greed of few?

Now the Q is:
--Does the Turkish Government/System is 100% strong enough to do that job, Now and in the Future? If the Answer is Yes, Then Gas/Oil is good and a blessing... Otherwise it's a curse.

Wishful thinking. But don’t be distressed, natural resources are not everything.

thats not wishfull thinking.. there had been no real searches for oil and gas in turkey.. my opinion is we have plenty of minarals,gold and at least plenty gas. somewhere I read the real serious search for oil was about like hundret years ago..

we have to search for it and take it out by ourselves.. as long as we dont take it out by our selves I am fine with waiting..

oil and gas would not be a curse for us because we are depended to oil and gas and this is being used against us.. we would be much more independend if we had more oil and gas..

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom