What's new

Turkish Oil & Gas Exploration Update & Discussion

What, wait you think these limited operations in northern syria where turkey didnt even use the cruise missile/ballistic missile arsenal wont be used on crete ? First the infrastrucutre will be flattened, then ur incoming ships will be utterly devestated by anti ship missiles, ur airforce will be anhilliated by Hisar systems and S400 triumf´s while Turkish airborne brigades will capture any single island in the agean and that is natural because these islands belong to us, yunan.

They belong to you with which treaties? Your infrastructure will be destroyed and remember we are talking about rich turkish coastal cities and expensive projects before an island of few greek inhabitants could be captured. Your ships will eat a ton of exocets, and torpedos from our 214 subs, your aircraft will be shot down with a variety of aa systems(Patriots, S300-s, Tor M1, Crotale, etc) and what will be left will get hunted down like dogs, by our more experienced pilots, who we have in larger quantity than you. No naval and air domination for you for the time being. Any small island captured initially will make a good practise target for our aircraft, hellicopters and navy.

Im looking forward to see selanik under Turkish control again, also greek mainland wont be spared because thrace, selanik, the islands, cyprus they all belong to us, this is great.

Im looking forward to see selanik under Turkish control again, also greek mainland wont be spared because thrace, selanik, the islands, cyprus they all belong to us, this is great.

I'm looking forward to seeing the war party of Turkey along with its wealthy elite lose the war, on the other hand the peaceful part of your people may also suffer because of your arrogant decisions to try to implement your ambitions.

I'm looking forward to seeing the war party of Turkey along with its wealthy elite lose the war, on the other hand the peaceful part of your people may also suffer because of your arrogant decisions to try to implement your ambitions.

I hope the avg greek looks trough the ambitions of the wealthy greek elite and follows a sane approach which wont risk the loss of life and land.

no i dont actually come at us and loose ur islands, selanik and crete lol

Guys, trying to re-litigate a bilateral (at best) territorial dispute via the medium of an anonymous message board is an exercise in utter futility. Don't get me wrong, the back and forth is mildly funny to read but at the end of the day, no-one is really becoming any wiser for it, and the thread gets bloated with irrelevant talking points instead of news pertaining to the discussion at hand.

Just an honest observation, no dabbling in back-seat moderating really.

Didn't have electricity for about an hour lol, when in 2015 most of your country was dead of power for like half a day. :lol:

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/europe/turkey-s-water-supply-to-trnc-suffers-disruption/1699857
Or your false pseudostate of occupied Cyprus isn't well fortified as you tell me by this argument?
I say like another turkish said here, the pseudostate doesn't have EEZ among other reasons because it doesn't have fresh water of its own and Turkey decided to show just that. :D

Didn't have electricity for about an hour lol, when in 2015 most of your country was dead of power for like half a day. :lol:

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/europe/turkey-s-water-supply-to-trnc-suffers-disruption/1699857
Or your false pseudostate of occupied Cyprus isn't well fortified as you tell me by this argument?
I say like another turkish said here, the pseudostate doesn't have EEZ among other reasons because it doesn't have fresh water of its own and Turkey decided to show just that. :D
Did you really compare a vulnerable island to Turkey? It's a matter of damage. Greece better don't use Crete as a ground to strike on Turkish Forces in case of conflict.

Alright - this was amusing but really really annoying to read through. I'm looking for news regarding any oil discoveries being made in the Mediterranean and the last 5 pages was full of weird and morbid fantasies.

Firstly to my brethren, the Turks : We're not going to fight the Greek, no gain in doing so - will damage our own economy and they will group up with a bazillion countries as soon as we do. Also NATO ffs, we are in NATO they are in NATO yada yada yada. Why the **** does anyone even think this is ever going to happen? The "we will flatten you" comments are also over the top and not even realistic.

To the Greek people (well to you @NickGr to be honest, there's no one else here that's being this pushy about a non-issue) : Get over yourself and find a hobby. We're not coming for you - there is no war, there will not be a war. So stop with this bullshit about "geomorphology" and "merchant fleets", its mundane.

This one made the news rounds here in Greece yesterday.

US Condemns Turkey-Libya Maritime Deal as Provocative to Greece
AMNA - Tasos Kokkinidis - Jan 15, 2020

dgsi1qW.jpg

The US State Department condemned on Tuesday the recently signed maritime deal between Libya and Turkey as “counterproductive and provocative”.

Replying to a question by the Athens-Macedonia News Agency (AMNA), a State Department spokesman said that Turkish claims are contrary to international law, which states that the islands have same rights regarding the Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) and the continental shelf as any land territory.

“Greece has overlapping maritime claims in the area addressed by Turkey-Libya memorandum, contrary to what Turkey has suggested, under international law (Law of Sea). Islands are generally entitled to EEZ and continental shelf to same extent as any land territory,” the spokesman was quoted as saying.

He also noted that “decisions that do not take into account the interests of all States concerned are provocative.”

He added that although the US does not generally take a position on maritime disputes in other states, in this case it urges all parties involved to avoid any action that risks escalating tensions over a period of time in the eastern Mediterranean.

“As a firm policy, we encourage states to settle their disputes peacefully under international law.”

The spokesman said that “foreign countries that have fueled the conflict should withdraw their forces from Libya, now,” adding, “Countries that purport to support Libya’s stability should immediately withdraw their forces, including Russian mercenaries and Turkish-sponsored Syrian fighters.”

Greek Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis had raised the issue with President Donald Trump at their meeting in the White House last week. He noted that the Turkey-Libya agreement only causes destabilization, and stressed that Greece expects the US’ support on the matter, adding that his country is an ally the US can rely on.

Stepping up American support, the United States Ambassador to Greece, Geoffrey Pyatt, said the deal between Libya and Turkey was “unproductive and provocative.”

Pyatt said that the inhabited Greek islands are on the same footing as the mainland coastline in the delineation of marine zones, responding to questions from reporters about the agreement which saw Turkey claim waters near Greek islands without recognizing them.

Source:. https://www.google.com/search?clien...-Libya+Maritime+Deal+as+Provocative+to+Greece

But not always...

Does America not have problem because a island:-). I remember something like that, the last one who should talk is usa. Greece have licked some american ***.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom