What's new

Turkish Oil & Gas Exploration Update & Discussion

How clean the boots are. It is very clear that they never set foot on the real battlefield.

Our forces are very dirty :D it is not exercise. Its real battlefield.

View attachment 523059

True, these fancy Egyptian/Greek soldiers with their shiny foreign bought weapons financed with aid or debt are all combat virgins. They will not last long on the battlefield.

True, these fancy Egyptian/Greek soldiers with their shiny foreign bought weapons financed with aid or debt are all combat virgins. They will not last long on the battlefield.

They are good at shooting on Paper targets.

We already have a naval port in Mersin.Also Cyprus is so close.

Agreed

No the point isn't about it being cost efficient or not. It's about having a "presence" in the right place to prove a point. To establish your claim.

Here is an example I recall from memory having read about it somewhere. Philippines didn't build a lighthouse on one of those islands within it's EEZ (spratley). A lighthouse for a few million usd would have established their claim on the island and etc etc etc. This could have been done many many years ago, but political corruption prevented Philippines from building it. And thus now even when the international court of sea blah blah says Philippines has the right to the island within their EEZ. They are in great trouble because China has pretty much claimed the area as their own property and fortifying it.

This isn't anything new, it's modern warfare. China claims an area, fortify it, and move 1-10 million people to the area and make them live there. Presto, they've got presence and can pretty much annex it through out the next 1-100 years. Look at how many Han chinese are located to Xinjiang, look at how depopulated Myanmars rhohingya areas are getting, because they're being forced to flee.

Even the greek are fortifying some islands very close to Turkey, so wtf is up with not marking our EEZ with outposts, or lighthouses.

Joke aside, I believe it's a nice way to pay for military expenditure.
After all... The US back in the WW2 paid "most" of their huge military leap by "civilian bonds"...
And past Empires/Califats did also used such thing to raise an army very fast...

If TR open a crowdfunding campaign to pay for the next TF-2000 or other military expenditure...I'm pretty sure it will be easily funded...

I remember similar in Turkey, if I am not mistaken.
there is this thing called Time and History by people which can be categorized as past- present and future. A guy would wrote you ''I remember Soviet and Allied soliders raping a few million German woman at the end of WW II, and prostitution was the only means of survival for German woman for quite a while, if I am not mistaken'' and this would be as irrelevant as the above comment of yours. therefore past is past!!

Last edited:
dude calm down
He didnt say something we should be ashamed of.
there is this thing called Time and History by people which can be categorized as past- present and future. A guy would wrote you ''I remember Soviet and Allied soliders raping a few million German woman at the end of WW II, and prostitution was the only means of survival for German woman for quite a while, if I am not mistaken'' and this would be as irrelevant as the above comment of yours. therefore past is past!!

dude calm down
He didnt say something we should be ashamed of.
That was exactly my point! Every nation on the face of earth had hard and dark times! Be it German, Turk or Greek nobody is an exception.

Joke aside, I believe it's a nice way to pay for military expenditure.
After all... The US back in the WW2 paid "most" of their huge military leap by "civilian bonds"...
And past Empires/Califats did also used such thing to raise an army very fast...

If TR open a crowdfunding campaign to pay for the next TF-2000 or other military expenditure...I'm pretty sure it will be easily funded...

It's one thing to ask your citizens for money during a war, quite another to do it during peace time.

It's one thing to ask your citizens for money during a war, quite another to do it during peace time.
dont know may be it is better for all of us to skip this subject. TSKGV ''Aziz Milletimizin yaptığı yardımların tek bir kuruşunu bile heba etmeden ''Ulusal Savunmaya ve Ülke Ekonomisine .......'' As Turks our main difference is we have learned our leason long ago.

Even in peace time, such practice was done.
But yes it wasn't a wide call for every citizen, but was targeting Rich families... who's in exchange gained X or Y by funding X or Y army/equipment.
I believe, that if X or Y citizen wish to pay directly for a project, then it should be possible and easily done for all.
And last, Peace isn't meant to put the money elsewhere than the army...but it's a time to build one. in time of War... it "could" be too late.

Anyway, back on topic.

I talk about a “broke” nation who bagging for money at the folk. What are you talking about? And what do you mean with past? Last week? Month? Year?...when was the last time Turkey do same?

Back
Top Bottom