What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

VLS is this

Mk-41-VLS-1120x559.jpg

I guess head side of the ship is looking to left. so ; left hall in the front must be for head-cannon and the bigger right-one is for 2 x vls..

In the middle of hull ( there is seen a smooth surfaced high square island) there is bridge.. at the seaside of the bridge ( lower smooth surfaced area) there must be the base for 16 x atmaca ssm..

I see , they have begun to ship instruction, by completing the middle hull.. ( cannon, vls,bridge, ssm part.. )

Last edited:
We’re planning on building a 370m aircraft carrier? Let me guess, by BMC... ;p

Na, just a random model the 3d Visualization guy found on the internet probably. Turkey doesn't have the fleet power nor the aircraft to make a carrier feasible. I'm not even touching the cash part :)

According to the information obtained, the service wrote a letter to the Chief of General Staff and requested initiation of the construction of TCG Trakya, the twin of Landing Helicopter Dock (LHD) TCG ANADOLU. The Navy stated that the timing of construction of the second ship would have many advantages both in terms of construction time and program cost.

The second phase of the program will include the supply of vertical landing aircraft to be deployed on TCG Trakya. Accordingly, the total number of F-35B aircraft demanded by the service will also be revised.

Although it is not officially requested from the US yet, the Navy plans to buy 16 aircraft per LHD. If all goes as planned, Turkey will have purchased 100 F-35As and 32 F-35Bs.

http://men.c4defence.com/Agenda/tcg-trakya-on-the-way/6374/1

Can we please stop aircraft carrier bashing for a moment. If every considerable power in the world is trying to get them there must be some logic to it.
Aircraft carriers are power projection tools. They are great at it and nothing else can replace them. If Turkey needs to project power (which in my opinion it does) it will build a carrier, if not it won't. In any case we have more urgent matters to attend to right now.

What a kindergarten here?!
They just made a visualization to show the size of that dock so they put a carrier inside, most probably just randomly or to show what may be possible to build there one day in the future and you guys are almost killing each other in your arguing if TR needs/can build/finance that without a single hint from any official about carrier builds! C’mon !!

Back
Top Bottom