What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

What a kindergarten here?!
They just made a visualization to show the size of that dock so they put a carrier inside, most probably just randomly or to show what may be possible to build there one day in the future and you guys are almost killing each other in your arguing if TR needs/can build/finance that without a single hint from any official about carrier builds! C’mon !!

What hints from any official do you expect and what kindergarden you are talking about when the link above right bellow the photo talks exactly how the dry dock for our first aircraft carrier is going to be built soon.

https://www.yenisafak.com/ekonomi/turkiyenin-en-buyuk-ucak-gemisi-icin-hazirlik-yapiliyor-3333178

Here in another pro- Government news site they even write that the preparations for the biggest aircraft carrier of Turkey are being made. You can see the exact same photo in the link too.

Of course that everyone with some common sense knows that those are just exaggerations and pre-election tricks to keep the voters happy and distracted while the boat sinks.

What hints from any official do you expect and what kindergarden you are talking about when the link above right bellow the photo talks exactly how the dry dock for our first aircraft carrier is going to be built soon.

https://www.yenisafak.com/ekonomi/turkiyenin-en-buyuk-ucak-gemisi-icin-hazirlik-yapiliyor-3333178

Here in another pro- Government news site they even write that the preparations for the biggest aircraft carrier of Turkey are being made. You can see the exact same photo in the link too.
Yenisafak is not a credible source. And it doesnt suddenly become credible when it is proving your point.
Of course that everyone with some common sense knows that those are just exaggerations and pre-election tricks to keep the voters happy and distracted while the boat sinks.
Agreed. Even if there was a plan for a carrier this is certainly not it. It is just a tactic to stir support for Akp. So why are we still discussing this? This is exactly what @Borg is saying.

İs it real project? Turkey is to build an aircraft carrier? (not asking about LHD?)

KAE offers Dearsan designed missile boat for Kazakhstan Navy.

7CDA6EDA-2F46-4B36-AA71-510B027F4EF8.jpeg
C31B2BC0-F529-4678-8365-4C932CD22ABD.jpeg

We are talking about Yenisafak! They think LHD is an aircraft carrier.
To be exactly LHD is a aircraft carrier, small and light one without any catapult and it's actually classified as light STOVL aircraft carrier.

To be exactly LHD is a aircraft carrier, small and light one without any catapult and it's actually classified as light STOVL aircraft carrier.
I know that but still; it is not a regular aircraft carrier. But they want to show it like that because it pays off for their political party. They said that we have an aircraft production facility, we produce passenger planes, we already produce our own automobiles with our brand etc... Also we were producing fighet jets 2-3 years ago according to them. They also think an APC is a tank etc... They are that type of guys.

Oh; I forgot! Germany is jealous of our economy.

There is no such distinction or an understanding that unconditionally defines amphibious assault ships, specifically LHD, as a light aircraft carrier. In literature, it has sunk in history along with World War II where a light carrier was either a cruiser or destroyer converted into a small carrier or it was the scaled down version of an aircraft carrier which the latter was mostly a British choice of application of whom our navy is modeled after. Modern day use of this term is basically a made up by journalists and politicians. Even if it is applied on names in tenders, I would put my signature that it was due to political pressure.

I know that but still; it is not a regular aircraft carrier. But they want to show it like that because it pays off for their political party. They said that we have an aircraft production facility, we produce passenger planes, we already produce our own automobiles with our brand etc... Also we were producing fighet jets 2-3 years ago according to them. They also think an APC is a tank etc... They are that type of guys.

Oh; I forgot! Germany is jealous of our economy.
It's their right to like "their" party as it's your right to hate their party isn't but as I do read their english version regulary aswell as daily sabah or hurriyet I wonder why you say that as I've never read something like that in their articles. They seems to me very pro-turkish which is actually normal for turkish news paper but some of people here seem to me very contra-turkish even as they say they are turks which is for me very very unnormal.

Does he mean "there's work ongoing to integrate this into ships" or does he mean "I think it would be great if we integrated these to ships" ?

More that it can be used as the main weapon for our two new ship projects.

Back
Top Bottom