What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

Yeah like US can project his power only thanks to AC's like everything else doesnt matter at all.

I didn't say that but it's an irrefutable fact - A aircraft carrier it is more 50 000 tonnes of diplomacy and deterrence in the sea -.

I didn't say that but it's an irrefutable fact.
The point is an AC for Turkey will be useless untill we develop everything else first, until then those will just be expensive sitting ducks.
Or did i miss a point you were trying to make?

not really related and a silly thought may be but an air base in TRNC one day would be great we already have an unsinkable carrier in eastern mediterranean but we have no planes on it yet! :devil:

So your point is Turkey wants to build an AC one day... Where did i claim the opposite?
Read my post again, its not about whether we will build one rather than if it makes sense for the forseeable future.
forseeable future!? it is toooo long! :devil:

So your point is Turkey wants to build an AC one day... Where did i claim the opposite?
Read my post again, its not about whether we will build one rather than if it makes sense for the forseeable future.

Like me (It is very much within to the reach of Turkey. So, the only real question is why?).

And the unique purpose of this object "that's it".

forseeable future!? it is toooo long! :devil:

Everything will depend on the economic situation of Turkey after 2025. And anyway, it is necessary to acquire the operational know-how of the 2 LHD. It will take at least 10 years.

Like me (It is very much within to the reach of Turkey. So, the only real question is why?).

Everything will depend on the economic situation of Turkey after 2025. And anyway, it is necessary to acquire the operational know-how of the 2 LHD. It will take at least 10 years.

Actually idelab recently mentioned that Turkey wants to use their engine in MIlDEN and Milgem projects... I am sure they can also use in in Aircraft Carier in the future and AC will be so cheap to maintain that way..

But, i believe Turkey should make its jets and turbofan engine first to build one..

in fact honestly speaking 2 more LHD and 32 VTOL aircarfts will be more than enough for us when it is realized it will be a game changer both in Agean and Mediterranean. Future Turkish navy will be build around them! but we will never need a dedicated ACTF but I liked your enthusiasm!

in fact honestly speaking 2 more LHD and 32 VTOL aircarfts will be more than enough for us when it is realized it will be a game changer both in Agean and Mediterranean. Future Turkish navy will be build around them! but we will never need a dedicated ACTF but I liked your enthusiasm!

And yet, it is such that the leaders of your country decided. So that will happen.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/turkish-naval-programs.20746/page-249#post-10526501

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/turkish-naval-programs.20746/page-249#post-10526541

Henry Kissinger at each high international crisis, used always to say: "Where is my aircraft carrier?"

Because a aircraft carrier it is more 50 000 tonnes of diplomacy and deterrence in the sea.

You are again giving unfit examples my friend. Kissinger is a Cold War knight of which the quote in question was indeed a Cold War réthorique. On the other hand, naval warfare of today and tomorrow shows directed focus on large deck amphibious assault ships rather than conventional or nuclear aircraft carriers. Especially for Turkey for the next 50 years.

You are again giving unfit examples my friend. Kissinger is a Cold War knight of which the quote in question was indeed a Cold War réthorique. On the other hand, naval warfare of today and tomorrow shows directed focus on large deck amphibious assault ships rather than conventional or nuclear aircraft carriers. Especially for Turkey for the next 50 years.

Visibly always not for the USA seen their last monster Gerald R. Ford class (Planned 10). And do not speak for China who does a warm-up lap at the beginning towards the 5.

So it's always true. A aircraft carrier it's several tens of thousands of tons of diplomacy and deterrence in the sea for yet very very very long time. To have some only one, it's more than enough to be part of the great game like France and UK.

So it's always true. A aircraft carrier it's several tens of thousands of tons of diplomacy and deterrence in the sea for yet very very very long time. To have some only one, it's more than enough to be part of the great game like France and UK.

Will you please ask the question, of which answer is already known, directly and save the thread?

The counter question is what Arab dictators can do about it?

Will you please ask the question, of which answer is already known, directly and save the thread?

The counter question is what Arab dictators can do about it?

I do not speak on behalf of the Arab dicators. I state just facts, develops points and brings elements on specific topics. I invite you to reach to do just "as much".

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom