What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

Why developing Genesis?
Having been switched off to Aegis , Turkish navy could use SM-3.
Genesis is totally different.

Its all about time if you have an early warning system i believe korkut can handle hypersonic missiles.But there is no 100%.

I always wanted a radar like this.

Voronezh_anti_missile_radar_russia.jpg

this kind of radar would be very useful espesially against iranian missiles
We have this radar on our soil. SM-3 s could work with it.

tpy-2-radar-770x400.jpg

005.png

prossha15.jpg

Aegis+Engagement+Modes+-+Exploit+All+Sensors+-.jpg

esh_13216.jpg

16-Aegis-Ashore-Site-site-chart-1065x684.jpg

Last edited:
Having been switched off to Aegis , Turkish navy could use SM-3.
Genesis is totally different.

We have this radar on air soil. SM-3 s could work with it.

They dont allow SM3 integrate to Genesis...

I guess its TAİ-şimşek target drone,400knot means 700km/hr
as far as ı remember korkut land systems engaged successfully an airbus target done that faster than şimşek,but ı could not find a data how fast it is.

Last edited:
yes its not şimşek,ı check it does not like şimşek,and the target drone was very close to seas surface its good,şimşek can not do that,is banshee 80 faster than airbus target drone?

yes its not şimşek,ı check it does not like şimşek,and the target drone was very close to seas surface its good,şimşek can not do that,is banshee 80 faster than airbus target drone?

There was another jet engined target drone in our inventory, it was german made as i remember but i couldnt remember it is exact name.

I wonder how Korkut-D will be positioned. If whole platform are not able to rotate, then when the turret rotates left or right, the horizontal inclination will make radar/optics stay very inclined. Are they planning to put 2 of these, for one to defend left side and one to defend right side of the ship?

I wonder how Korkut-D will be positioned. If whole platform are not able to rotate, then when the turret rotates left or right, the horizontal inclination will make radar/optics stay very inclined. Are they planning to put 2 of these, for one to defend left side and one to defend right side of the ship?
I hope they make a little reconstruction work over it. Its to big.

This is a prototype undergoing testing with MAR-D to simulate a platform. Eventually it'll all be integrated like the millennium CIWS

You are absolutely right. My prediction is that the design will change. So it will probably radar will be on turret like goalkeaper, millenium etc.
The current installation looks like taking on the deck fire control radar unit and the weapons system vehicle. which are separate vehicles in the Korkut system.

ps: In fact, Command-Control radar can be taken in frigate's main mast, in this way two separate and smaller CIWS positions can be provided in the front and rear deck areas.

Last edited:
You are absolutely right. My prediction is that the design will change. So it will probably radar will be on turret like goalkeaper, millenium etc.
The current installation looks like taking on the deck fire control radar unit and the weapons system vehicle. which are separate vehicles in the Korkut system.

ps: In fact, Command-Control radar can be taken in frigate's main mast, in this way two separate and smaller CIWS positions can be provided in the front and rear deck areas.

The fire control radar is already on the turret. The search radar is what's in that rear tower section, and yes you're right, the whole rear tower section will probably be removed and it will use the ship's main search radar when it's deployed onto a ship for duty.

Back
Top Bottom