What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

So the TF2000 can use the system? I'm confused - what's the problem then? Or was the TF2000 intended to be anti ballistic too?
I think the actual design of HISAR U is not clear yet and its not certain what launcher type or what characteristics it will have at all. I think at first stage it can be pretty similar to the Aster 30 Block I NT as we joined EUROSAM and signed about joint development of long range air defense system but we could also get a surprise because we know that EUROSAM is developing a very sophisticated system that also have exoatmospheric capability with very long range named as Aster 30 Block II. If that project is being completed as meant and the product enters service in TSK it would be something that we can't imagine. I also saw before respected members posting Turkish brochures with early warning satellite system and kill vehicle concepts in it. If we get those systems we would have air defense system that would be comparable to that

Korkut-D

DcNAtYUXkAAsYuA.jpg

Hi

Can someone tell me if TR is planning to buold an aircraft carrier? I have red some news regarding this.
Only few countries can do it.

Hi

Can someone tell me if TR is planning to buold an aircraft carrier? I have red some news regarding this.
Only few countries can do it.
I don't know anything about an aircraft carrier. We have 2 LHD/LPD (small version of aircraft carrier) projects. The first one TCG Anadolu is supposed to enter inventory in 2021 and a second one TCG Trakya(?) have to be constructed. We heard some politicians like Erdogan referring to aircraft carriers but we also know their incompetence regarding military terminology. For example they can call an APC a tank and they will not even think about it.

Last edited:
I don't know anything about an aircraft carrier. We have 2 LHD/LPD (small version of aircraft carrier) projects. The first one TCG Anadolu is supposed to enter inventory in 2021 and a second one TCG Trakya(?) have to be constructed. We heard some politicians like Erdogan referring to aircraft carriers but we also know their incompetence regarding military terminology. For example they can call an APC a tank and they will not even thing about it.

Clear. Thank you for explanation.

It was probably wrong terminology used. Sometime the media do not report correctly cause journalist are not really expert in this kind of matters.

From your point of view. Do you think aircraft carrier is something usefull for country like Turkey?

I think this is usefull for country which wants 'to count" on global level and can do projection world wide.

Clear. Thank you for explanation.

It was probably wrong terminology used. Sometime the media do not report correctly cause journalist are not really expert in this kind of matters.

From your point of view. Do you think aircraft carrier is something usefull for country like Turkey?

I think this is usefull for country which wants 'to count" on global level and can do projection world wide.
For now I think LHDs are enough for us. As @CAN_TR said its to expensive and not necessary to operate an
aircraft carrier for now. If we would project force it will be Aegean, Mediterranean Sea and the Gulf. I think our future LHDs would do the job.

Last edited:
TURKEY has the 13th biggest GDP PPP ($2,2 trillion) in the World .... Turkey has enough money
so if ERDOGAN wants , Turkey can build an Aircraft Carrier ... even every year Turkey gives $6 billion to Muslim Countries for humanitarian aid ( Turkey ranks 2nd place in the world for humanitarian aid after The US )

and ERDOGAN said that we will build our own Aircraft Carrier after TCG ANADOLU project ( for 2030s )
in 2030s Turkey will have more bigger Economy ..... and ERDOGAN wants to make Turkey as Global Power

if the US gives F35B to Turkey then 2 LHDs with F35Bs will be enough for Turkish Navy's power projection in the Mediterranean Sea and the Gulf and Indian Ocean

Back
Top Bottom