What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

Do we have some information about the LCAC listed here? And also the intelligence ship?
DD40vFpXcAA5K5b
This chart is contains mostly incorrect information and need to update with new projects.

If I'm not mistaken, this is one of the graphics used in a seminar a few years ago. Apart from the signed projects, many of them are in the evaluation phase. For some, TCD has not even been published. So dates mostly made in hypothetical.

-For example, the TTHB project is no longer able to catch up to 2018. Also , when it starts, it will not last 14 years. All launches will be completed in 6 years.
-Launch date for the LHD project will end in 2019. (graph 2025)
-The Launch date for the TF-2000 frigate will take place immediately after İ class, not 2028.
-State of the LCAC is uncertain.
-Also, TCD has not yet been published for intelligence ship, and there is no possibility of catching up to 2019.
etc ...

Again, as far as I know there are not two separate MCM projects. Instead of the Seydi and ex-Circe class vessels, 6 vessels is planned. There are minor history mistakes in most classes. That's why we need a new list.

Last edited:
If I'm not mistaken, this is one of the graphics used in a seminar a few years ago. Apart from the signed projects, many of them are in the evaluation phase. For some, TCD has not even been published. So dates mostly made in hypothetical.

-For example, the TTHB project is no longer able to catch up to 2018. Also , when it starts, it will not last 14 years. All launches will be completed in 6 years.
-The Launch date for the TF-2000 frigate will take place immediately after İ class, not 2028.
-State of the LCAC is uncertain.
-Also, TCD has not yet been published for intelligence ship, and there is no possibility of catching up to 2019.
etc ...

Again, as far as I know there are not two separate MCM projects. Instead of the Seydi and ex-Circe class vessels, 6 vessels is planned. There are minor history mistakes in most classes. That's why we need a new list.
Thank you for the detailed information. TF200 and LHD took my attention too.

Is that list built by people like us who are interested in topic or is it official? Do we have info about the source of this list?

It's the second LHD, TCG Trakya.

Afaik there is no knowledge about that, this is just an assumption that TF-2000 will take place immediately. I highly doubt on that statement if we consider Milgem project. There is no enough money to fund 3 İ class frigate + TF 2000 Frigates simultaneously. I put my money on that TF-2000's works will start when 4 İ-Class frigate have been built/accepted by Navy successfully.

I also disagree with certain points on graph, but LHD and frigates are not one of them.

It's the second LHD, TCG Trakya.

So where is TCG Anadolu while almost all vassel projects on the list ?

After the first I-class Frigate is launched, the construction activities of the first TF-2000 AAW Frigate will begin in Pendik Shipyard Command/Asfat.

Construction activities for other I-classes will be shifted to private shipyards. Likely, shell construction of the second, third and fourth AAW frigates will also take place at private shipyards.

Can't you read? There are TWO LHDs on the list. One who will be launched in 2021 and one who will be launched in 2025. Before trying to berate people here you should first understand what you have read.

Can't you read? There are TWO LHDs on the list. One who will be launched in 2021 and one who will be launched in 2025. Before trying to berate people here you should first understand what you have read.

No, It's was not a berate, Haşa.
I apologize for missing the blue line. Also, it was good to learn your ironic approach

I am not sure if you are joking or not, it's just right there..

Construction activities for other I-classes will be shifted to private shipyards.

Yeah, just like Milgem was intended to.. There was no money to give the leftover 3 Milgem ships to the private shipyards, so one by one they have been built by İstanbul Shipyard.

I don't see any magical change in the economic situation, so either something surprising change will happen or same scenario will repeat again that all the ships will be built one by one in İstanbul Shipyard.

Last edited:
Müjdat Uludağ, SSM Naval Platform Manager, said in his statement in May 2016 that the 2,3 and 4th vessels of the TF-2000 project were planned to be built by private shipyards.

So Pendik shipyard will only produce the first TF2000.

The CAFRAD project, which will be the ship's main Mast, has undergone post-test activities. The project is largely ready.

The detailed design activities of the TF2000 are underway.

The most important problem that is not disclosed to the public and still uncertain is which air defense missile to be used. Some defense writers also associate the SSM's EuroSam agreement with the TF-2000 project.

The calendar for the first I class frigate that is being built in Pendik Shipyard 3 years 10 months (entrance to service) . So from 2020-2021, the capacity will increase again at Pendik Shipyard.

Independent of the budgets and plans for naval modernization: it seems that the timetable for laid down of the TF-2000 project is 2021.

The developments happening in the Eastern Mediterranean, and especially the rapidly increasing tension with Greece, show that the naval projects will not be severely hampered. My prediction is that the TF-2000 will launch like 2023/24.

But I can not say anything about the TF-2000's mass production tender.

The most important problem that is not disclosed to the public and still uncertain is which air defense missile to be used. Some defense writers also associate the SSM's EuroSam agreement with the TF-2000 project.

Can't the Hisar system be modified for naval use?

HISAR is made for Land and Naval Forces...
So the TF2000 can use the system? I'm confused - what's the problem then? Or was the TF2000 intended to be anti ballistic too?

So the TF2000 can use the system? I'm confused - what's the problem then? Or was the TF2000 intended to be anti ballistic too?

Not only the TF-2000 will use the HISAR systems, i've heard that the TF-100 Frigate will use it too.
TF-2000 is a planned (Anti-Air Warfare Frigate/Destroyer).

Back
Top Bottom