What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

Delta Marine is building 8500 DWT capable floating dry-dock for Saudi Arabian Navy. 175m long and 37.5m wide it is really huge naval structre. It can be used to build, repair and overhaul of vessel up to 135m long, 19m wide. It will boost Saudi Naval Capabilies.

DLT-156_NB177_04.jpg

DLT-156_NB177_02.jpg

DLT-156_NB177_03.jpg
Does our NAVY have this too?

Can some one who knows explain how many ada class are going to be built and how many TF-1000 and what is the surface programme plan??

Also has the steel for the 3rd ada class been cut?

Lastly anyone got any pictures of the LST being built steel was cut a whole ago ??

Can some one who knows explain how many ada class are going to be built and how many TF-1000 and what is the surface programme plan??

Also has the steel for the 3rd ada class been cut?

Lastly anyone got any pictures of the LST being built steel was cut a whole ago ??

8 ( 4 ,and +4 upgraded as TF100) ada class is planned, seems like first 4 ships will be nearly same design with minor changes. Steel cut for 3rd and so far i heard 4th have done, its planned to use indigeneous propulsion control system for 4th as testbed,and apply it in 5th and 6th.

For TF2000 , preliminary and concept design shaped ,4 is planned (or officially 2). Some preliminary engineering calculations and integrated systems are still in consideration.

For TF100 ,it will be seen after 3-4th ada class is launched next year ,they ll begin to talk about this,and held tenders.

For LST , steel cut has done a while ago ,but ADİK has not uploaded recent pictures of building . Maybe its not in erection progress right now , usually they uploaded medias during built of LCT.

For LPD, navantia began to work on design ,for applying changes while SEDEF prepares the background.

Does our NAVY have this too?

We have lots of it, even no need to post in here :) . Beside navy,we have a lot of drydocks /both floating and stone built, in commercial shipyards.

What can we put here ?.. Laser gun ? UAV ? Or what ?...

View attachment 193000

@cabatli_53 @isoo @Neptune
It doesnt seem a place for major equipment , maybe they ll just put some minor equipment like receivers ,or some other things like for communication and etc. The area is just seems big because they need to put radar near to middle,and upper structure extended to front a little bit.

It would be good if they use one more 127 mm on front in the next versions of ship, i ll like it .

Is TF-100 also planned with the Capability to launch Gezgin LACM ? I read somewere TF-2000 will have Gezgin with 2500 KM Range, it this True ?

8 ( 4 ,and +4 upgraded as TF100) ada class is planned, seems like first 4 ships will be nearly same design with minor changes. Steel cut for 3rd and so far i heard 4th have done, its planned to use indigeneous propulsion control system for 4th as testbed,and apply it in 5th and 6th.

For TF2000 , preliminary and concept design shaped ,4 is planned (or officially 2). Some preliminary engineering calculations and integrated systems are still in consideration.

For TF100 ,it will be seen after 3-4th ada class is launched next year ,they ll begin to talk about this,and held tenders.

For LST , steel cut has done a while ago ,but ADİK has not uploaded recent pictures of building . Maybe its not in erection progress right now , usually they uploaded medias during built of LCT.

For LPD, navantia began to work on design ,for applying changes while SEDEF prepares the background.

We have lots of it, even no need to post in here :) . Beside navy,we have a lot of drydocks /both floating and stone built, in commercial shipyards.

It doesnt seem a place for major equipment , maybe they ll just put some minor equipment like receivers ,or some other things like for communication and etc. The area is just seems big because they need to put radar near to middle,and upper structure extended to front a little bit.

It would be good if they use one more 127 mm on front in the next versions of ship, i ll like it .

...and @xxxKULxxx

I think it's most likely for Thales Sting EO Mk2 if Aselsan TAKS isn't finished yet. That's the only suitable possibility.

FREMM is also a multirole frigate it is have SCALP Naval. Also isn't the meaning of multirole is to accomplish a wide variety of missions? and wouldn't
it be better to have that capability to help tf-2000 to fulfill it's aaw role rather than ASuW?

FREMM is also a multirole frigate it is have SCALP Naval. Also isn't the meaning of multirole is to accomplish a wide variety of missions? and wouldn't
it be better to have that capability to help tf-2000 to fulfill it's aaw role rather than ASuW?
Its main role is AAW but beside it, there will be also ASW/ASUW too , just a FFG actually.
In budget, size and equipment FREMM is more like TF-2000,while TF-100 will be near to sizes of MEKO class. Also for TF-100 ,there will be VLS but for different kind of misslies,it may require additionally trained or additional crew which will effect operation costs and other issues.
Actually milgem also can be equipped with VLS i cant verify it but Milgem "might " be having different plans with also VLS fitted . So i dont think TF-100 will have LACM unless its ASuW variant of TF100.

Last edited:
What do you say about rumors that tf-2000 will have 64 or 48 cell VLS? it will it a destroyer similar to Type 45.
Also in turkish military forums many people say that it will be like MILGEM which is named as corvette but has capabilities of a frigate like French La Fayette class

Last edited:
What do you say about rumors that tf-2000 will have 64 or 48 cell VLS? it makes it a destroyer similar to Type 45.
@cabatli_53 mentioned it many times that TF-2000 would basically be a Destroyer but we are Using NATO terms, thats why we dont call it Destroyer.

Forgive me my ignorance but i would appreciate if someone would explain how NATO defines that, what does it need to be a Destroyer?
@cabatli_53 @Neptune @isoo

What do you say about rumors that tf-2000 will have 64 or 48 cell VLS? it will it a destroyer similar to Type 45.
Also in turkish military forums many people say that it will be like MILGEM which is named as corvette but has capabilities of a frigate like French La Fayette class
Unveiled design of TF2000 shows that even fitting 32 cells caused some problems , its size is relatively small, deck area gets smaller too. To fit 48 -64 cells they will have to remove something,or increase the size for not i dont think they will change project to be a larger, but maybe for additional 2 ships they will go for size increment.
For milgem, its already a light frigate, just a VLS is missing to call it as frigate ,thats not a big deal some countries even call 80 m corvette as destroyer (in international terms). So its just a classifying.

Back
Top Bottom