What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

İTÜ's capability is accepted by NATO naval development program, and now turkey will be directly participating and taking a place in NATO naval development, (tests and analysis on Seakeeping, fluid dynamics, wave mechanics of moving object ), accuracy level reached adequate level both in test model basin and Computer based analysis , CFD and simulations. This participation will grant access to cooperation and outputs of researchs in other research centers in NATO.

Additionaly its believed share of Turkey will increase in naval development program with installation of Large Water-jet tunnel . It has passed development phase and come into initial phase of construction. Proposal of Water-jet tunnel presented to one private company group along SSM ,with a submarine- surface vessel maneuvering test mechanism , considered to be built in small scale simultaneously water-jet tunnel and then implemented into large scale of maneuver test mechanism in a small lake.

As its now, Zig-zag maneuver tests ,circle tests, speed loss, drift tests and heel angle tests can be conducted by officials in commissioning of ships, while Dieudonn´e Spiral and Reverse Dieudonn´e (Bech ) Spiral tests have never conducted for commissioning which both of them are cruical tests to determine maneuver chracteristics of naval vessels.

Last edited:
HAVELSAN and ASELSAN to establish War Systems of Milgem 3 and 4
Savaş sistemlerini ASELSAN ve HAVELSAN kuracak

Written statement from ASELSAN , according to the Undersecretariat for Defense Industries (SSM) , MİLGEM Corvette Project MİLGEM 3 and 4 ships contract of war systems worth 206 million euros signed . ASELSAN's business share in the contract was EUR 140.8 million.

ASELSAN will be performing MİLGEM Combat and Communication Systems Integratation , Electronic Warfare Systems, Electro Optic Systems, Navigation Systems, Radar, Air Defense and Weapon Systems, Fire Control Systems, Sonar and Torpedo Countermeasures System and Combat System Integration.

Savaş sistemlerini ASELSAN ve HAVELSAN kuracak

Addition...

MİLGEM-3 ve 4ün Savaş Sistemi ASELSAN ve HAVELSAN'dan | Haberler | Basın Odası | ASELSAN

1.jpg

Will third and fourth Milgem enter 2015 and 2016 into Service ?

i dont expect so , we are in 3rd quarter of 2014 and 3rd even not launched ( as far as i know ) , it will be launched and 1 -1.5 ( i was going to say 2 ,but i consider they are experienced on ship ) , years at least will be needed for equipping and sea trials, then navy's tests . End of 2016 they will be in service ( so far i guess ) , meanwhile i hope tender of milgem will be done ,and until end of 2017 others will be completed.

I am curious when and who will build batch II and III( TF100 ) , they will be 4 each ,and if Pendik shipyard takes the responsibility for 2 from each ,then where is participation of private shipyards, asap we need to gain reputation on private shipyards,by rewarding one tender to them .

Actually steel work might be done in one of private shipyard,and equipping done in Pendik shipyard, there are more berths in Pendik shipyard than any of private shipyard, better techinicians who advanced in naval ship installation , more ships can be simultanesouly equipped and tested.

Last edited:
i dont expect so , we are in 3rd quarter of 2014 and 3rd even not launched ( as far as i know ) , it will be launched and 1 -1.5 ( i was going to say 2 ,but i consider they are experienced on ship ) , years at least will be needed for equipping and sea trials, then navy's tests . End of 2016 they will be in service ( so far i guess ) , meanwhile i hope tender of milgem will be done ,and until end of 2017 others will be completed.

I am curious when and who will build batch II and III( TF100 ) , they will be 4 each ,and if Pendik shipyard takes the responsibility for 2 from each ,then where is participation of private shipyards, asap we need to gain reputation on private shipyards,by rewarding one tender to them .

Actually steel work might be done in one of private shipyard,and equipping done in Pendik shipyard, there are more berths in Pendik shipyard than any of private shipyard, better techinicians who advanced in naval ship installation , more ships can be simultanesouly equipped and tested.

Can something like this happen ?

Maybe II & III at the same time or one after another >>>

1st ships of II & III in Pendik Shipyard then 3+3 to different private shipyards...

If it's at the same time II & III to different private shipyards shared as 3+3...

???...

Can something like this happen ?

Maybe II & III at the same time or one after another >>>

1st ships of II & III in Pendik Shipyard then 3+3 to different private shipyards...

If it's at the same time II & III to different private shipyards shared as 3+3...

???...
If navy feels satisfactory about gained experience and feedback from 1st and 2nd ship, so they are sure it will be smooth in II and III it will be like you said.

On the other hand, once tender is completed, 1st of each ship will be built in either Pendik shipyard by training Private shipyard,or in Private shipyard assisted and jointly by Pendik shipyard. I dont think one of our shipyards has enough knowledge to build 1st ship alone.

We dont know even if STM completed purchase of propulsion system o_O? ( is there any info about this ?). they need to deliver it before than blocks of 3rd and 4th welded.

I heard of a machinery story from reliable source, but it was navy ordered spare parts to build up enginer, and send back to MTU facility in turkey;for testing, not the STM. And the time matches with the weeks, when its announced STM will handle propulsion system, i heard this eenginer story some weeks later.( its not verfied whether enginer is large as milgem's ,but it was sure its navy done this)

Last edited:
I do not know if railgun is the perfect weapon.. it kills itself with some shots.. or produces to much dirt on the important parts..
could be so ugly that you have just one shot weapon..

I think a gauss gun would be better and more realistic even if it does not have the power of a railgun..

Coilgun - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Are these 4 new CIWS for MİLGEMs ?

milgem has RAM , RIM-116 for CIWS . And i dont think phalanx will be added to block II or TF-100.

Most probably 4 new will be purchased for support class ships ,like DIMDEG and Amphibious LST.

Back
Top Bottom