What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

MDAS, Gezgin and Hisar/Siper for the Navy become more important ever single day that passes.

With Trakya being put on hold to divert funds towards Istif and TF-2000 and with Istif already seeing exstensive delay, date for FOC of the first ship, TCG Istanbul, most likely being around the end of 2022 or even into 2023. The Navy and Government need to overthink the design of the following three ships. Through the delays of the Istif-Class we will also see delays for the TF-2000 Destroyer.

Project with low piority need to be put on hold and those funds diverted into Frigates and Destroyers.

The Navy is seriously lacking in AAW and Land Strike Roles. We can't wait until 2030s to gain those capabilities with only the TF-2000 Destroyer Class. If we want to push our demands through in the Eastern Mediterranean and Aegan we need to seriously bolster the Navy in those departments.

MDAS, Gezgin and Hisar/Siper for the Navy become more important ever single day that passes.

With Trakya being put on hold to divert funds towards Istif and TF-2000 and with Istif already seeing exstensive delay, date for FOC of the first ship, TCG Istanbul, most likely being around the end of 2022 or even into 2023. The Navy and Government need to overthink the design of the following three ships. Through the delays of the Istif-Class we will also see delays for the TF-2000 Destroyer.

Project with low piority need to be put on hold and those funds diverted into Frigates and Destroyers.

The Navy is seriously lacking in AAW and Land Strike Roles. We can't wait until 2030s to gain those capabilities with only the TF-2000 Destroyer Class. If we want to push our demands through in the Eastern Mediterranean and Aegan we need to seriously bolster the Navy in those departments.
TCG Trakya is not on hold. It's on planning phase.

Last edited:
“Trakya” is a very inappropriate name that only shows a lack of real ambition as a state.

It should be named “Balkan”: a name that is not only Turkish in origin (unlike Thrace) but also encompasses a much wider region where Turkey should play a much bigger role again. A region that used to be Turkish for 5 centuries and still has millions of Turks and Muslims that are loyal to Turkey.

It is certain that MDAS (indigenious verical launch system) will be integrated into I class frigates.

It is very important not only for the surface but also the ships. The first ship will be delivered in 2023 after modernization in Preveze submarines. MUREN combat management system, AKYA torpedo and Roketsan encapsuled ATMACA Block II (If reached) will be on these ships.

REIS class (Type 214T) for 36 years together with the know who built the first time in Turkey Gölcük Naval Shipyard submarine will be built completely. Started from MILDEN with experience from the REIS class.
Unfortunately, in the REIS class, the domestic weapon sensors will be very limited and the battle management system will be foreign. However, this program will enable us to overcome our shortcomings in the construction of the sea.

A shipyard that built the submarine surface ships in Turkey, but who built / will be able to have 10 percent of the shipyard. In order to claim the world's busiest seas such as the Mediterranean Turkey should be spent for the construction of the navy ten years ahead of us starting this year.
1.jpg

“Trakya” is a very inappropriate name that only shows a lack of real ambition as a state.

It should be named “Balkan”: a name that is not only Turkish in origin (unlike Thrace) but also encompasses a much wider region where Turkey should play a much bigger role again. A region that used to be Turkish for 5 centuries and still has millions of Turks and Muslims that are loyal to Turkey.
TCG Rumeli would be even better

Will they chose our Submarina, modifications on Reis class with collaboration HDW? :-)

Indonesia is now considering turkish or german built sub and planning to hold/cancel the S.korean chanbogo's for the type 214.
Although I personally see the german have bigger chance to win the tender if we decide to go to 214's. Because one of our man responsible for the program had made a written letter to predisent jokowidodo to go for the german options instead.

It is certain that MDAS (indigenious verical launch system) will be integrated into I class frigates.

It is very important not only for the surface but also the ships. The first ship will be delivered in 2023 after modernization in Preveze submarines. MUREN combat management system, AKYA torpedo and Roketsan encapsuled ATMACA Block II (If reached) will be on these ships.

REIS class (Type 214T) for 36 years together with the know who built the first time in Turkey Gölcük Naval Shipyard submarine will be built completely. Started from MILDEN with experience from the REIS class.
Unfortunately, in the REIS class, the domestic weapon sensors will be very limited and the battle management system will be foreign. However, this program will enable us to overcome our shortcomings in the construction of the sea.

A shipyard that built the submarine surface ships in Turkey, but who built / will be able to have 10 percent of the shipyard. In order to claim the world's busiest seas such as the Mediterranean Turkey should be spent for the construction of the navy ten years ahead of us starting this year.
View attachment 621799
I class detail design has been completed and purchases are made for the ship, TF2000 makes sense but I class is not being designed for AAW yet MDAS wont be able to launch ESSM (US wont allow such a thing), we would also need to develop ESSM equivalent missile. We need I class in service ASAP to support TCG Anadolu, thus i believe MDAS will be later adopted for I class.
AKYA has been completed years ago, the rest of job is serial production phase and final tests ,it might be in service already.
The presentation slide looks unofficial. Such projects are not to be mentioned publicly.

Indonesia is now considering turkish or german built sub and planning to hold/cancel the S.korean chanbogo's for the type 214.
Although I personally see the german have bigger chance to win the tender if we decide to go to 214's. Because one of our man responsible for the program had made a written letter to predisent jokowidodo to go for the german options instead.
Our shipyard is busy with our own projects. I dont think turkey would offer a quick delivery. I dont know the situation of German shipyards and their active production queue. Golcuk shipyard does licenced production for decades at the same quality as German Krupp. It will be a matter of "cost" when those two ships are identical in quality and design. Turkey can offer lower prices due to lower costs in production.
Its sad if someone can write such a letter with limited knowledge.

TCG Trakya is not on hold. It's on planning phase.
Trakya hasnt been planned. If it was, the steel cutting would take place all together with anadolu and production costs could be dramatically reduced thanks to the identical blocks and trained employers.

I class detail design has been completed and purchases are made for the ship, TF2000 makes sense but I class is not being designed for AAW yet MDAS wont be able to launch ESSM (US wont allow such a thing), we would also need to develop ESSM equivalent missile. We need I class in service ASAP to support TCG Anadolu, thus i believe MDAS will be later adopted for I class.
AKYA has been completed years ago, the rest of job is serial production phase and final tests ,it might be in service already.
The presentation slide looks unofficial. Such projects are not to be mentioned publicly.

Our shipyard is busy with our own projects. I dont think turkey would offer a quick delivery. I dont know the situation of German shipyards and their active production queue. Golcuk shipyard does licenced production for decades at the same quality as German Krupp. It will be a matter of "cost" when those two ships are identical in quality and design. Turkey can offer lower prices due to lower costs in production.
Its sad if someone can write such a letter with limited knowledge.

Trakya hasnt been planned. If it was, the steel cutting would take place all together with anadolu and production costs could be dramatically reduced thanks to the identical blocks and trained employers.
just to add something, Turkish side found many flaws in German design and fix it. You can only get the fixed version through Turkey

They should not accept any foreign orders anyway, focus on the I-class frigates, TF2000 Destroyers and FAC-55. Srsly.

@ANMDT Do u know something about the FAC-55 btw?

Think again

http://www.sasad.org.tr/uploaded/MSB-Tersaneler-Genel-Mudurlugu.pdf

just to add something, Turkish side found many flaws in German design and fix it. You can only get the fixed version through Turkey
Probably agreement was made on two-way information exchange. Which makes german design corrected.

I know the civilian manager of military shipyards, and this is his work (sort of show off). Whereas, i know for sure i-class design has been completed. Production has started but stalled for some unknown reasons (either financing or design corrections)
If they are waiting for mdas and quad packed essm equivalent then we will wait 5 years more for i-class. Yet, we should have got TF-2000 launched by then. Makes entire timeline invalid.
Or ,instead they will spare entire ship production capacity for pakistani corvettes.

They should not accept any foreign orders anyway, focus on the I-class frigates, TF2000 Destroyers and FAC-55. Srsly.

@ANMDT Do u know something about the FAC-55 btw?
STM supposed to do something about it. Recently they have made new recruitments. We need them quick as others (tf2000 and i-class) but there isnt an assessed conceptual design yet ( the earlier conceptual designs was only drawings, without any engineering checks)
The efforts put by yonca&onuk made me hope that officials might intend to have entirely composite boats but it will be challenging.
There is a rumor that ssb will ease requirements.

Probably agreement was made on two-way information exchange. Which makes german design corrected.

I know the civilian manager of military shipyards, and this is his work (sort of show off). Whereas, i know for sure i-class design has been completed. Production has started but stalled for some unknown reasons (either financing or design corrections)
If they are waiting for mdas and quad packed essm equivalent then we will wait 5 years more for i-class. Yet, we should have got TF-2000 launched by then. Makes entire timeline invalid.
Or ,instead they will spare entire ship production capacity for pakistani corvettes.

STM supposed to do something about it. Recently they have made new recruitments. We need them quick as others (tf2000 and i-class) but there isnt an assessed conceptual design yet ( the earlier conceptual designs was only drawings, without any engineering checks)
The efforts put by yonca&onuk made me hope that officials might intend to have entirely composite boats but it will be challenging.
There is a rumor that ssb will ease requirements.
what is the stage of the G40 missile project ?

Back
Top Bottom