What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

there is one more thing to say about falkand war, the US provided latest version of aim9 to British hence british aircrafts can lock with aim9 from every aspects unlike argentine fighters . the war in air was already finished with that move.

Guys pay attention what @Neptune says.
Because he is a navy officer.

AFAIK Argentina lost the falkland war ( which They had destroyed several British war ships ) due to US enforced France not to sell Exocet to Argentina.
Their inventory finished in a week as Neptune said.
Although Investment all money on export missiles
is not sustainable and economical. Thats why ATMACA , SOM and A2A missiles projects are as important as TF2000,TFX , projects.

Launching artillery rockets from deck would cause to burn and melt ship construction?

Thank you for your courtesy my friend but I am not. I am just a guy who left academy back in 2013.

If we are talking about Libya where the strongholds are located near the coastline, actually we have that capability with the current Harpoon Block II missiles in the navy's inventory. But their number is very limited. Wouldn't take more than a week to melt the entire inventory

We can put army's rockets and ballistic missiles on our ships for use in libya. But the only platforms available to host them would be tank landing ships (LST) and in that case both Bayraktar and Osmangazi classes of LSTs don't seem to have suitable decks for launch in a combat environment due to safety reasons. The remaining one is the Bey-class which might have a suitable deck for ballistic missile launch but again Bey-class is not only old and have insufficient self-protection, it's also a light ship compared to its class.

What about SOM?

Oh I see. But isnt there already a naval variant of Gezgin cruise missile in development which will be inherited from the experience of SOM development? @cabatli_53

Gezgin (Tomahawk equivalent)
Temren (Penguin replacement)
Kuzgun modular missile system

These three will provide land attack capability to our naval ships brother.
kuzgun-broşür-kullanım-senaryoları-küçük.jpg

First time İ've heard kuzgun. İt must be rocket assisted glider bomb with guidiance.

Gezgin: long range Cicruise missile.
Temren: penguin : must be extended range (50km) UMTAS?

Sure, but SOM has (theoretical) the capability too.
What you are saying is Naval strike missile which is rocket assisted ground launching .
Although we havent seen SOM ground launching version, roketsan produced some parts or launhers for NSM.

Edit: i forgot Ukraine and Turkey appeared to be strategic partners as Ukraine supported to Turkey missile engines and Ukraine producing Neptün missile. So ship or ground launching version of SOM must have been completed.

Last edited:
First time İ've heard kuzgun. İt must be rocket assisted glider bomb with guidiance.

Gezgin: long range Cicruise missile.
Temren: penguin : must be extended range (50km) UMTAS?

Sage is testing many different missile forms for Kuzgun. We will see matured missile in 21.

F0B1B03B-FD99-49CD-99EB-590836CA1381.jpeg

What you are saying is Naval strike missile which is rocket assisted ground launching .
Although we havent seen SOM ground launching version, roketsan produced some parts or launhers for NSM.

Yes, but if they are able to hit ships, starting from the ground, they can be started from ships to hit ground targets (vice versa). imao.

Yes, but if they are able to hit ships, starting from the ground, they can be started from ships to hit ground targets (vice versa). imao.
Who said SOM was produced just as antiship missile? Antiship role one of İts aspects. You may attack on ground targets as you wish especially big dorms, bridges etc.

Who said SOM was produced just as antiship missile? Antiship role one of İts aspects. You may attack on ground targets as you wish especially big dorms, bridges etc.

No one said. Not even me. Once more, you can use SOM from any battle ship to hit ground targets. Thats all.

Back
Top Bottom