What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

F70DB358-3ECF-434E-9CF7-58149D405F30.jpeg

FEB9E9C5-8764-40EA-B9E2-FA8932B87E7B.jpeg

BDF0FD07-8376-4AA0-9288-AC4A41E5A48C.png

D27F3D6F-BA8D-48AC-B7FE-B3D99243FD15.jpeg

what is the current status of the I-class frigates ? the construction of the first ship began in 2017

Isnt it for tf2000 only? Not I class
exactly, putting expensive AESA radar on a 16 cell i class would be a lot...
another example, Turkey refused to use AESA radar on its HIsar O air deffence missiles as they were expensive

exactly, putting expensive AESA radar on a 16 cell i class would be a lot...
another example, Turkey refused to use AESA radar on its HIsar O air deffence missiles as they were expensive

Brother, Hisar-O will use Kalkan-2 radar. In brochure, It is not openly introduced whether Kalkan-2 is an AESA or PESA. Aselsan says Kalkan-2 is a phased array radar. Phased array architecture is the general form of modern radars containing both PESA and AESA structure. Furthermore, Aselsan says Kalkan-2 has a multi-beam architecture. PESA radars can only emit single beam of radio waves at a single frequency, on the other hand AESA can emit multiple beams of radio waves at multiple frequencies so Multi-beam structure of Kalkan-2 is more convenient to AESA form of phased array radars. At least, It is not crystal clear for me yet.

upload_2020-3-15_21-8-53.jpeg

Brother, Hisar-O will use Kalkan-2 radar. In brochure, It is not openly introduced whether Kalkan-2 is an AESA or PESA. Aselsan says Kalkan-2 is a phased array radar. Phased array architecture is the general form of modern radars containing both PESA and AESA structure. Furthermore, Aselsan says Kalkan-2 has a multi-beam architecture. PESA radars can only emit single beam of radio waves at a single frequency, on the other hand AESA can emit multiple beams of radio waves at multiple frequencies so Multi-beam structure of Kalkan-2 is more convenient to AESA form of phased array radars. At least, It is not crystal clear for me yet.

View attachment 614103
So this radar dual band ? can be operable both x and s band.

View attachment 614103
Brother i meant the seeker in the missile itself to give a comparisson that how expensive it could be vs the radar. But, i am sure they will come up with tf100 with AESA AND tf2000

Back
Top Bottom