What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

It‘s not TF-100 is another project which will start in 2030s maybe earlier. Let‘s say it will be a bigger/heavier i class designed for AAW missions.

The TF-100 will probably replace the modernized MEKO by 203X...
İf I'm not wrong tf-100 will be same class with tf-2000 but ASW/ASUW and of course land attack version.

It‘s not TF-100 is another project which will start in 2030s maybe earlier. Let‘s say it will be a bigger/heavier i class designed for AAW missions.

The TF-100 will probably replace the modernized MEKO by 203X...

Yes that is the logical way as the replacement time of the Barbaros class would coincide with the TF100.

I too expect that TF100 will be an LCS / multipurpose, somewhat bigger and heavier than I-class in the 4000+tonnes class. Kinda like the Belharra that is LCS+ with some airdefence capability

Well I hope that I am wrong but given the sanctions and financial situation in our country, MLU upgrade for the MEKO class frigates of the navy make me really nervous. It kind of signals me that we may see budget cuts for ongoing projects. We have seen that before after the 1999 earthquake. It is the exact reason why our LHD project could be launched only after 2015-2016. If it wasn't for the economy and the earthquake, we would have LPDs in service at max 2010. But like I said, this is only a personal forecast on what might happen in the future, it is very likely that I could be wrong. But also I don't recall any MLU upgrades for MEKOs in the past except for the combat management systems and new torpedo defense systems integrations such as Hızır or Genesis Advent.

If not for the economy, then there could be two reasons behind this;
- Fleet expansion for obvious reasons
- Precautionary measures should the ongoing projects face delays and further sanctions that could compromise operational readiness (i.e. Mediterranean Shield, Libya)

But I am still curious because I remember them being planned to be decommissioned after 2022-2023 whereas the older, upgraded G-class frigates were given a longer lifespan by the navy.

But in any case, I am happy they came up with something like this. Because the transition period for the frigates in our surface fleet for new platforms is likely to occur during the peak points in tensions such as Cyprus or Libya. Heck even Egypt is getting FREMM and Greece is having F-16V and plans to induct 20 F-35s.

Our neighbors from west to south are arming themselves to teeth threatening our naval dominance in the region which did not happen before. So we better check ourselves before we loose our military advantage which probably is the only thing that keeps us as a fundamental actor in Mediterranean.

"There cannot be Anatolia without a navy. Having a strong navy is a necessity for the defense of Turkey. The navy will also be a strong supporter for the policy we are pursuing." - Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, aboard TCG Hamidiye 1924.

Turkish navy has no land attack ability. Foolishly no system added I class ships.

Nowadays we feel lackness of Land Attack ability in Libya front. Whole navy is useless in Libya matter.

Turkiye produces own ballistic missiles such as BORA or Kasıra G systems.

I would like to see min. 40*50 naval version of BORA missiles in I Class .

So we could use them pin point hits Haftar HQ or prescious targets maybe Damaascus in Syria.

But foolishly navy doesnt adopt land attack systems on ships.

As l see I class has no worthfull fight ability too. Slightly better than ADA class.

Turkish navy has no land attack ability. Foolishly no system added I class ships.

Turkish Navy has land attack ability but limited

8 Type209 class Submarines and 4 ADA class Corvettes armed with 140km HARPOON BlockII Missiles can hit Greek S300 Air Defense System in Crete and Greek PATRIOT Air Defense System in Skyros , Thessaloniki and Athens
also S300-S400 Air Defense Systems in Latakia/Syria

220+ km ATMACA BlockII Missile will have land attack capability with RF+IIR seeker
and I class Frigates will carry 16 ATMACA BlockII Missiles ( anti ship/land attack capability )

800-1400km GEZGIN Cruise Missile will give the Turkish Navy real strategic strike capability

So we could use them pin point hits Haftar HQ or prescious targets maybe Damaascus in Syria.

Turkiye can arm Cargo Ships with BORA Ballistic Missiles to hit HAFTAR targets with pin point accuracy in Libya

Israel fired LORA Ballistic Missile from Cargo Ship
0-1-jpg.28312587

Last edited:

Nowadays we feel lackness of Land Attack ability in Libya front. Whole navy is useless in Libya matter.

As l see I class has no worthfull fight ability too. Slightly better than ADA class.

You need a missile Cruiser or Destroyer.

Our neighbors from west to south are arming themselves to teeth threatening our naval dominance in the region which did not happen before. So we better check ourselves before we loose our military advantage which probably is the only thing that keeps us as a fundamental actor in Mediterranean.

in 5-6 years Turkiye will have sophisticated Missile Systems to harm Greece and Egypt combined

-- 150 km J600T Tactical Ballistic Missile
-- 280 km KHAN Tactical Ballistic Missile
-- 1.000+ km BORA Ballistic Missile
-- 800 km GEZGIN land/naval based Cruise Missiles
-- SOM air launched Cruise Missile Family with indigenous KTJ-3200 engine including network enabled C1/C2 variants to hit mobile surface Ships
-- 220+ km ATMACA anti ship Missile including land based variant
-- RAMJET powered supersonic Anti ship Missile
-- AKBABA supersonic anti radiation Missile
-- GOKDOGAN and BOZDOGAN air to air Missiles
-- also 1.000+ km KARGI anti radiation Drone
-- 150+ km KGK-LR glide Bomb with IIR seeker for pin point accuracy

-- HISAR-A and HISAR-O Air Defense Systems to intercept cruise missiles and fighter jets
-- SIPER Air Defense System to intercept fighter jets
-- S400 Air Defense System to block Aegean or Eastern Mediterranean against fighter jets

also hundreds of HARPOON , ESSM , HARM , POPEYE , SLAM-ER , ATACMS , AIM-120C7 Missiles will remain in service

also advanced UCAVs like ANKA-S , AKSUNGUR , AKINCI and MIUS for Army-Navy and Airforce

also Aselsan AESA Radar for Turkish F-16s

also advanced Electronic Warfare Systems like KORAL , REDET and HAVASOJ

and Turkish Navy will continue to be strongest Navy in the region

-- 8 Type209 class Submarines
-- 6 Type214TN class AIP Submarines

-- TCG ANADOLU Amphibious Assault Ship

-- 4 ADA class stealth Corvettes
-- 4 modernized GABYA class Frigates ( 250km SMART-S Radar , 36xSM-1MR and 32xESSM SAMs , 8xHARPOON )
-- 4 GABYA class Frigates ( 36xSM-1MR SAMs and 8xHARPOON )
-- 4 modernized MEKO-200 Track-II Frigates
-- 4 I class Frigates
-- also 1 of 7 TF-2000 class Destroyer will be in service by 2027

TCG ANADOLU Amphibious Assault Ship
5e35a1c870380e1ac0f8f310.jpg

8 Type209 class Submarines
nGftgs.jpg

6 Type214TN class AIP Submarines
nGwP8v.jpg

4 ADA class stealth Corvettes
nG9qSq.jpg

4 modernized GABYA class Frigates
nGwjyS.jpg

4 modernized MEKO-200 Track-II Frigates
nGw1iY.jpg

4 ISTIF class Frigates
nGwfUH.jpg

7 TF-2000 class Destroyers
nG0Cve.jpg

Last edited:
Yeap. There are too much ships. But they are useless in both Syria and Libya operations. They can not support land units.

in 5-6 years Turkiye will have sophisticated Missile Systems to harm Greece and Egypt combined

-- SOM air launched Cruise Missile Family with indigenous TRJ-3200 engine including network enabled C1/C2 variants to hit mobile surface Ships

-- HISAR-A and HISAR-O Air Defense Systems to intercept cruise missiles and fighter jets
-- S400 Air Defense System to block Aegean or Eastern Mediterranean against fighter jets

also hundreds of HARPOON , ESSM , HARM , POPEYE , SLAM-ER , ATACMS , AIM-120C7 Missiles will remain in service

also advanced UCAVs like ANKA-S , AKSUNGUR , AKINCI and MIUS for Army-Navy and Airforce

-- 4 modernized GABYA class Frigates ( 250km SMART-S Radar , 36xSM-1MR and 32xESSM SAMs , 8xHARPOON )
-- 4 I class Frigates

nGftgs.jpg

nGwP8v.jpg

nG9qSq.jpg

nGwjyS.jpg

nGw1iY.jpg

4 ISTIF class Frigates
nGwfUH.jpg

nG0Cve.jpg
All these are good for us but at least we need to go nuclear.
Conflict with Russia changed my opinions if we wont be nuclear power we wont be equal to those nuclear powers.
It is not important which tecnological weapons we have or will have, only one or two bomb stop us in minutes.

Yeap. There are too much ships. But they are useless in both Syria and Libya operations. They can not support land units.

We need all tha ships for EEZ and not operations on land.

But I dont think it should be that difficult to put Bora´s or Khan´s on a feeder ship like the israelis did with lora

-- SOM air launched Cruise Missile Family with indigenous KTJ-3200 engine including network enabled C1/C2 variants to hit mobile surface Ships

-- 4 I class Frigates

nGftgs.jpg

nGwP8v.jpg

nG9qSq.jpg

nGwjyS.jpg

nGw1iY.jpg

4 ISTIF class Frigates
nGwfUH.jpg

nG0Cve.jpg

Oops. I am sorry, we are doing great then!

If we are talking about Libya where the strongholds are located near the coastline, actually we have that capability with the current Harpoon Block II missiles in the navy's inventory. But their number is very limited. Wouldn't take more than a week to melt the entire inventory

We can put army's rockets and ballistic missiles on our ships for use in libya. But the only platforms available to host them would be tank landing ships (LST) and in that case both Bayraktar and Osmangazi classes of LSTs don't seem to have suitable decks for launch in a combat environment due to safety reasons. The remaining one is the Bey-class which might have a suitable deck for ballistic missile launch but again Bey-class is not only old and have insufficient self-protection, it's also a light ship compared to its class.

Harpoon Block II missiles in the navy's inventory. But their number is very limited. Wouldn't take more than a week to melt the entire inventory

LSTs don't seem to have suitable decks for launch in a combat environmentt , Bey-class not only old and have insufficient self-protection, it's also a light ship compared to its class.
Guys pay attention what @Neptune says.
Because he is a navy officer.

AFAIK Argentina lost the falkland war ( which They had destroyed several British war ships ) due to US enforced France not to sell Exocet to Argentina.
Their inventory finished in a week as Neptune said.
Although Investment all money on export missiles
is not sustainable and economical. Thats why ATMACA , SOM and A2A missiles projects are as important as TF2000,TFX , projects.

Launching artillery rockets from deck would cause to burn and melt ship construction?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom