What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

İstanbul class is coming nicely, soon we might expect an accelaration at building.

İstanbul class is coming nicely, soon we might expect an accelaration at building.

Really, been more than 2 years probably closer to 3 still not launched how do you know it’s not going to become another Ada class project ?

Really, been more than 2 years probably closer to 3 still not launched how do you know it’s not going to become another Ada class project ?
It has been delayed because of some other reasons, and it actually hasnt started 2 years ago. What happened two years ago was just a political show.
I didnt mean it was going to be launched, it will be accelarated back to a casual shipbuilding process from a slow one ,laggy one.

how do you know that?
There has been some indications.

It has been delayed because of some other reasons, and it actually hasnt started 2 years ago. What happened two years ago was just a political show.
I didnt mean it was going to be launched, it will be accelarated back to a casual shipbuilding process from a slow one ,laggy one.

There has been some indications.
that sucks bro... i believe the only reason for wait could be the Turkish made vertical lunch system and air deffence missiles to design the final version of it..

there is a rumor about radar, it says they are trying to scale down CAFRAD to integrate on I Class ship, i dont know how real it is.

that sucks bro... i believe the only reason for wait could be the Turkish made vertical lunch system and air deffence missiles to design the final version of it..
There will be ESSM on İ class, i dont think they currently plan to locate air defence missiles in VLS but they could find an alternative approach to install them .
there is a rumor about radar, it says they are trying to scale down CAFRAD to integrate on I Class ship, i dont know how real it is.
It wont happen for first ship (more likely first batch of 4) ,but we might expect it for the latter batch.

Any details that you can give regarding this?
There will be ESSM on İ class, i dont think they currently plan to locate air defence missiles in VLS but they could find an alternative approach to install them .

It wont happen for first ship (more likely first batch of 4) ,but we might expect it for the latter batch.
Oh? I was under the impression that a batch of 4 were the only ones to be manufactured. Are we planning more batches?

Any details that you can give regarding this?

Oh? I was under the impression that a batch of 4 were the only ones to be manufactured. Are we planning more batches?

I class is already equipped with 16 cells for essm. Hisar-O can be integrated as 8 or 16 packs by conventional launchers.
Flotilla is getting older, and if everything goes as expected and civilian shipyards (TAIS) actively involve in I class then we can definitely expect more advanced next batch while naval shipyard is focusing on TF-2000.
I need to clarify this :
2nd batch of I class will come before TF2000 in the case mentioned above, otherwise it is left to later of TF2000.

Last edited:

Are turkey want make their own VLS? are it is compatible with let say mk41?

Btw anyone know about tcg anadolu project update?

Are turkey want make their own VLS? are it is compatible with let say mk41?

Btw anyone know about tcg anadolu project update?
Yes, Turkey basically wants to be able to produce everything, except turbo fan engine by 2023..
Turkish Turbofan engine for jets will be ready by 2026, and they plan to have a little weaker versions for tomahawks type of weapons..
if you build your own anti air missile and not producing your VLS, you will not be able to export it ;)

Yes, Turkey basically wants to be able to produce everything, except turbo fan engine by 2023..
Turkish Turbofan engine for jets will be ready by 2026, and they plan to have a little weaker versions for tomahawks type of weapons..
if you build your own anti air missile and not producing your VLS, you will not be able to export it ;)

So if siper series mounted in ship the turkish automaticly bulit a vls system?
Btw many turkish ship use mk41, why not make siper compatible with mk41? Just my tought

Back
Top Bottom