What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

Bro's all yours know from the begining. We have a two diffrent amfibious project. 1 Lpd project and that project evolved to anadolu lhd with new requirments and also that project says had in the old days if we direct buy the ld we build it just one but we build it domestic we make a 1+1 option. for that we have a trakya project also. On the other hand we have a orginal lhd project but probably this project will evolve the light stobar aircraft carrier. Plus if we have problem with purchase of f-35 probably trakya is canceled and all rotary fleet goes to anadolu behade of f-35 b and trakya budget can use largement of light aircraft carrier to medium or +1 more light stobar carrier I think.

That's the plan .

Probably one for rotary wing

And one optimised for mix of rotary and fixed wing

Someone posted a timeline illustration a few months ago of the second LHD

It was something like 2023 and is definitely on the cards

Probably one for rotary wing

And one optimised for mix of rotary and fixed wing

Someone posted a timeline illustration a few months ago of the second LHD

It was something like 2023 and is definitely on the cards

Since the beginning, there were two LHD / LHA plans. Even the name of the second ship seems to be certain. ( TCG Trakya )

Here, the president of the government is constantly emphasizing the aircraft carrier. Besides, he sometimes mentioned a nuclear-powered aircraft carrier. Because of the technical(especially air wing) and financial difficulties(operational costs), it is seen over the current capacity of Turkey. But also its such a request from president, for the navy's future power projection.

Our priority naval requirements are the new generation AAW frigates, forward-patrol frigates (such as the TF-4500 concept) and Milgem-second phase, serial production of multi-purpose I class frigates . Our other long term priority topics: start the MILDEN TS project after the REIS class and selection of the new generation corvette in the TTHB project.

Aircraft carrier discourse is a highly populist and ambiguous subject.

Last edited:
Bro's all yours know from the begining. We have a two diffrent amfibious project. 1 Lpd project and that project evolved to anadolu lhd with new requirments and also that project says had in the old days if we direct buy the ld we build it just one but we build it domestic we make a 1+1 option. for that we have a trakya project also. On the other hand we have a orginal lhd project but probably this project will evolve the light stobar aircraft carrier. Plus if we have problem with purchase of f-35 probably trakya is canceled and all rotary fleet goes to anadolu behade of f-35 b and trakya budget can use largement of light aircraft carrier to medium or +1 more light stobar carrier I think.

That's the plan .

There isnt any second LHD project whatsoever being conducted by noone. Those were conceptual studies done by companies ( ie,only RMK has come up with a local solution while Sedef the current builder of Navantia's design,and other, Desan has collaborated with foreigners, RMK has also got backup from foreigners in terms of consultancy but engineering resources were indigenous.

A second trial for a new design would be waste but nothing. once we have,probably already,got rights of Navantia's design to be built in desired amounts. ( Its not a car or boat,more likely there would be two at most)

Since the beginning, there were two LHD / LHA plans. Even the name of the second ship seems to be certain. ( TCG Trakya )

Here, the president of the government is constantly emphasizing the aircraft carrier. Besides, he sometimes mentioned a nuclear-powered aircraft carrier. Because of the technical(especially air wing) and financial difficulties(operational costs), it is seen over the current capacity of Turkey. But also its such a request from president, for the navy's future power projection.

Our priority naval requirements are the new generation AAW frigates, forward-patrol frigates (such as the TF-4500 concept) and Milgem-second phase, serial production of multi-purpose I class frigates . Our other long term priority topics: start the MILDEN TS project after the REIS class and selection of the new generation corvette in the TTHB project.

Aircraft carrier discourse is a highly populist and ambiguous subject.

TF-4500 is a crap and shouldnt even be mentioned in the same paragraph with milgem and I class. A mock up only, built for fair with futuristic curves but no innovation, waste of volume/area assignment and not realistic. We should only focus on TF-2000 to optimize the design for multi purpose uses. Even US has no luxury of designing things from scratch, rather prefers to hold a base design which has been studied for decades to be used in future designs.
Whatever is the case, or the situation task of designing a frigate shouldnt be handed over to any of the private companies. And i hope it will not.
Milden ? Beside its not even born as a project yet, there hasnt been a serious speech of " lets make it" ,we have only desired to have it so far at the moment.

There isnt any second LHD project whatsoever being conducted by noone. Those were conceptual studies done by companies ( ie,only RMK has come up with a local solution while Sedef the current builder of Navantia's design,and other, Desan has collaborated with foreigners, RMK has also got backup from foreigners in terms of consultancy but engineering resources were indigenous.
You are wrong we have a second lhd project in long plan but ı dont find a document now.

4 ada classmilgem for burak class corvette
4iclass milgem for yavuz class frigate
4 TF 100 class frigate for G class and or barbaros class not clear
4TF 2000 for modernized G class
6 type 214 sub for ay class
4 Milden for preveze class
I am bit confused. I also mentioned once in an article wrote about the Turkish Navy modernization plans that there will be three Blocks in the MILGEM Project. I read yesterday though in Wiki that the 3rd block is... the TF2000. I think this is not accurate. There is a confusion also about that TF100, as many sources report that I-class was the TF100 project before and this has changed just to Mil Block II. My question then is if the 3rd block will be a completely different design (such as TF2000) or a derivative of the I-class (named TF100?).

All the ships that are under development will replace the current ships in a one-to-one basis, except those of the Burak class. Thus, in the future, the TN will have in service 16+4 major surface combatants and not 12+4 (4xTF2000, 4xIstanbul class, 4xTF100/Mil Bl3, 4 Barbaros/Salih Reis class and 4 Ada class corvettes).

You are wrong we have a second lhd project in long plan but ı dont find a document now.
We have project of second LHD which is a sister of Anadolu called Trakya,we dont have any other ongoing or planned project for a LHD built from scratch. More likely you are referring to this ;
4(2).jpg

http://www.rmkmarine.com.tr/en/the-landing-platform-dock-_lpd_-project.html
A project which was in conceptual stage and lost tender against Navantia's LHD/LAC.

Or you might have seen this concept and confused it to be a new project :
ADIK_LHD_IDEF_2015_1.jpg

http://www.navyrecognition.com/inde...k-shipyard-unveiled-a-new-lhdlst-concept.html

Else than those i am repeating, we dont have luxury of beginning to a new design while we are lagging behind of schedule in TF-2000 and rumoured TF-100 .

@ANMDT Sir, the TF4500 concept was an example. Hypothetically, after the AAW frigates, or the MILGEM 2nd phase, there is the expectation of a frigate project called TF100. That's what I meant.

I am bit confused. I also mentioned once in an article wrote about the Turkish Navy modernization plans that there will be three Blocks in the MILGEM Project. I read yesterday though in Wiki that the 3rd block is... the TF2000. I think this is not accurate. There is a confusion also about that TF100, as many sources report that I-class was the TF100 project before and this has changed just to Mil Block II. My question then is if the 3rd block will be a completely different design (such as TF2000) or a derivative of the I-class (named TF100?).

All the ships that are under development will replace the current ships in a one-to-one basis, except those of the Burak class. Thus, in the future, the TN will have in service 16+4 major surface combatants and not 12+4 (4xTF2000, 4xIstanbul class, 4xTF100/Mil Bl3, 4 Barbaros/Salih Reis class and 4 Ada class corvettes).

I think Burak class was a stop-gap solution. And the tactically very useful in the Aegean. So there are two possibilities: In the concept of littoral warfare, the first 4 corvettes of MILGEM will already create this change. Or this change will be provided by the new corvette which will be realized within the scope of the TTHB project, In terms of ASuW.

Another issue, the planning for the AAW frigate was specified as 4+2 . The subject becomes quite speculative after a point. However, if we evaluate together with the existing threat groups, it is unlikely that the navy will go down in terms of the number of platforms/capability in the long term. More precisely, it would be a very risky approach.

Is the name "Trakya" a "provocation" to Greece? (Trakya is Western Thrace, right?)

4 turkish type type FAC for Doğan class FAC

At the very beginning there was 12 ada class, plus AAW frigate with no names given. Then it had evolved to 8 corvettes, 4 improvized frigates to possibly replace aging MEKOs ( assuming they will be aged till then) . Plans has changed since serial production has failed, 4 ada class named to be batch I, about the same time navy has made requests and I class appeared, which was elongated milgem with minor changes. I class is actually continuation of the Ada class, where TF-100 remains to be a project where a frigate will be designed partially from scratch.
TF-2000 is a whole separated project in all terms, where there is no similarity exists with Ada class.
Note that 4 MEKOS will be probably retired when TF-100 will be commissioned.
And assuming 2 LHDs are planned, TF-100 might appear to be advanced ada class with better ASW capabilities, while I class is strongly being ASUW variant.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom