What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

Steel cut on Istanbul Class in Jan 2017

First module completed 6 months later

4th Ada class launched July 2017

Slipway now free to start construction of 1st Istanbul class

So after 15 months where are with Istanbul class? How much complete ?

I hope launch is on summer of 2019 and steel cut for second Istanbul class is just round the corner

from last week

ew.png

After 15 months doesn’t look like much has been done this is slow

Around 30-40% complete maybe ?

Might be pushing for launch next year maybe later

According to the MILGEM project the fleet by 2035 will be as follows. I strongly believe that Turkey will maintain 16 major surface combatants, so the Barbaros class (the vessels are depicted with Phalanx systems) will remain in service until a replacement program is finalized.

DkrO6TX.jpg

According to the MILGEM project the fleet by 2035 will be as follows. I strongly believe that Turkey will maintain 16 major surface combatants, so the Barbaros class (the vessels are depicted with Phalanx systems) will remain in service until a replacement program is finalized.

DkrO6TX.jpg

Will you please tell what your source is about The Turk Navy?

It is correct for now, but absolutely not for tomorrow.

Will you please tell what your source is about The Turk Navy?

It is correct for now, but absolutely not for tomorrow.
Every available source including well-known Turkish defence analysts.
What is the ORBAT of the Turkish Navy according to you then?

Every available source including well-known Turkish defence analysts.
What is the ORBAT of the Turkish Navy according to you then?

Obviously, You ''demand'' more than arbitrary confirmation despite ''Every available source including well-known Turkish defence analysts.''(cheap baiting btw), luckily we are not in waff.

Neither Translator or Intel resource am i for you, so your incompetency cannot test my ''weight''.

Still, enjoy the favour in the previous post of mine.

Last edited:
Obviously, You ''demand'' more than arbitrary confirmation despite ''Every available source including well-known Turkish defence analysts.''(cheap baiting btw), luckily we are not in waff.

Neither Translator or Intel resource am i for you, so your incompetency cannot test my ''weight''.

Still, enjoy the favour in the previous post of mine.
I sure did that and I exchanged a number of messages and emails with Turkish defence analysts who are quite well-known in your country. Some of those, follow me on Twitter and respect my work. You may check them.
But OK, let's say I just dreamed the ORBAT of TN in 2035 and I am just a fanboy (of this waff you know). What is YOUR ORBAT then? Why do you avoid to share with us your vision and your knowledge, as I did that in public? You did not provide even a single argument, only "it is absolutely wrong". Maybe this is how it works in that waff you said, but not in real life.

Last edited:

DkrO6TX.jpg
we have state turkish navys nomenclature so milgem II class should be i class and there is no milgem III class its called TF 100 class,by the way I respect your works and follow you

we have state turkish navys nomenclature so milgem II class should be i class and there is no milgem III class its called TF 100 class,by the way I respect your works and follow you
What are the main differences between milgem and i class? Are they generally based on electronics, radar etc but not structral? If it is; can we modernise milgems to i class completly or partially?

I might seem a little bit ignorant but I have always thought about that.

I sure did that and I exchanged a number of messages and emails with Turkish defence analysts who are quite well-known in your country. Some of those, follow me on Twitter and respect my work. You may check them.
But OK, let's say I just dreamed the ORBAT of TN in 2035 and I am just a fanboy (of this waff you know). What is YOUR ORBAT then? Why do you avoid to share with us your vision and your knowledge, as I did that in public? You did not provide even a single argument, only "it is absolutely wrong". Maybe this is how it works in that waff you said, but not in real life.

As i said i am not your translator or intel resource, the only thing you can get is an arbitrary confirmation.However, As you push more, i need to push a little back.

Despite your ''a number of messages and emails with Turkish defence analysts who are quite well-known in your country'', you left some small wholes(''mistakes'') for others to come forward and correct(the first hook to find some who knows well), and then challenge him/her with you in order to get more information(the second hook), and then compromise with him/her for the next time(s) as permanent assistant of you(the third hook).

You have already been corrected by a member here about the names(what an easy ''mistake'',ha?) despite ''a number of messages and emails with Turkish defence analysts who are quite well-known in your country'', congrats for the first hook.

In real life, Your existance is dependent on others existance, familiar from somewhere?

I am out.

I know that MIL Block II is Istanbul class, I mention that in a bunch of articles, two yrs already. In order though to show that a 3rd batch (or a block III) will follow I reported it as Block II. Istanbul is the name of the Block II, as it is an advanced derivative of Adas with high degrees of commonality. The 3rd block, either you call it Thrakya class or Ankara class, it will be a Block III. Except of course, Turkey, will not proceed with a 3rd Block but instead orders a completely new design or more Istanbuls. That was all!

For God's shake, I am not a spy or someone working against Turkey because I am Greek! Hook! What "hook"? Because I asked "ok, where am I wrong then?". This was a hook and I try to find vital information about Turkey's naval programs in a forum! And a bunch of insults because I asked where I was wrong and how the things could be in about 20 yrs from now! That's really bad behavior to say the least. I am out as well.

Back
Top Bottom