What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

Countermeasures and ED systems, CMS, navigational and other navionic suites, CIWS, national ASM and even torpedo systems will be ready in the very near future .I think there are 3 basic issues that need to be resolved for the start of the TF-2000 AAW project.

1. Çafrad main mast
2. Which air defense missiles will be choose (SM or Aster)
3. which integrated propulsion system will be choose

2nd, 3rd, and 4th I class frigates are planning to build in private shipyards within the STM coordination. So PENDİK ASFAT will probably laid down only first ship (TCG Istanbul).

Pendik Shipyard Turkey's largest shipbuilding center with annual steel processing capacity , technical facilities and its dry docks . So theoretically this shipyard probably uses very few of the infrastructure capacity. Of course, here is an area that requires a expertised, such as military shipbuilding standards and prototype processes, but briefly I would like to say that Pendik Shipyard is much larger than you think.

https://resmim.net/f/W7lXEg.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DcqvkhGXkAIxGLw.jpg

Dear Mr. Anmdt is not talking about production activities, i think. He reminds us of the difficulties in design-preparation process and supply planning.

There has been plenty of talks about the production activities in earlier pages. As government is also able to see, the private shipyards had bidded for I-class hasnt done the required improvizations. Ada-Class also has planned to be built by private shipyards , yet it has been handed over to Naval shipyard and it wasnt solely because of the clashes between government and Koç group. Seeing this fact ,it is clearly a deja-vu. STM doesnt have any ability on assistance of building process, their profession is limited on detailed design of ships under assistance of Naval shipyard.

Naval shipyard is a place i have been numerous times, yet dry docks are used for other purposes than building. Mostly for over-hauling and post-launching construction, outfitting. One of the last Milgems, as i wont cite which one, has been launched without engines installed,and the outfitting took place in a dry dock afterwards. I doubt if the cranes on drydocks have handling capacity to support building activities. The building block size is a criteria in shipbuilding and its not simple as " make in smaller parts and construct it up".

They have one available slipway for building of such ships (Milgem, TF-2000) and it is used according to plans. Everything on one side, the count of employers and engineers are limited. And slipways are mostly where bottleneck appears to happen in a shipyard. In naval shipyard slipway is used from 6-8 months in well planned constructions while it might go up to 15-18 months.

TF-2000 is a project where the majority of the details hasnt been decided yet, or going over revisions. 3 points stated by @dBSPL is accurate but knowing the fact even hullform and sonar placement of the ship hasnt been decided yet ,we could conclude that there is quite bit of time for its being laid.

A piece of art. F513 TCG Burgazada
IMG_20180811_210741.jpg

Just start to make it.... even little Nederland and Denmark has one..

Bro, they don’t have any concern to reach any desired system all around the world. They reveal the detail design and welding the block to integrate the systems from different suppliers. CMS, radar and weapon package from US and Thales, CIWS from Germany, Sonar from Netherland, missiles from US...etc Besides, What Turkey is going to build will have bigger displcement and larger fire power. Almost all capabilities are going to be provided thanks to national capabilities.

Bro, they don’t have any concern to reach any desired system all around the world. They reveal the detail design and welding the block to integrate the systems from different suppliers. CMS, radar and weapon package from US and Thales, CIWS from Germany, Sonar from Netherland, missiles from US...etc Besides, What Turkey is going to build will have bigger displcement and larger fire power. Almost all capabilities are going to be provided thanks to national capabilities.
Bro, do you have an idea that how many hisar-0 can be fitted in one canister? I think french system fit 2 to 1 canister, but US use 4 to 1... But, the best side of European system and probably Turkish one, it can stop supersonic missiles too which France successfully tried and Hisars shape look like European versions.. I think its a good idea because countries move to supersonic cruise missiles..

Looks like a further development on top left variation. I think this will be the final version because it reduces cost a lot while not reducing effectiveness much at all.

Wouldn't it be better to have the surface search radars located within the superstructure (bottom set of designs) of the ship whilst reducing mast height and center of gravity? I also like the Idea of surface search radars being located on all four corners of the ship and away from the main mast, for added security and redundancy should main mast be put out of action.

Bro, do you have an idea that how many hisar-0 can be fitted in one canister? I think french system fit 2 to 1 canister, but US use 4 to 1... But, the best side of European system and probably Turkish one, it can stop supersonic missiles too which France successfully tried and Hisars shape look like European versions.. I think its a good idea because countries move to supersonic cruise missiles..

Bro, I expect naval variant of Hisar family to be modified as folding wing type to be integrated into national vertical launchers. I expect Hisar-A will be quad-packable (like MK-41 with ESSM) while Hisar-O to be double or quad pack(because there is not width differences) and Hisar-U and GUMS to be single missile on one tube. We will see brother.

Wouldn't it be better to have the surface search radars located within the superstructure (bottom set of designs) of the ship whilst reducing mast height and center of gravity? I also like the Idea of surface search radars being located on all four corners of the ship and away from the main mast, for added security and redundancy should main mast be put out of action.

That's true but I would guess that's also the most expensive variation. Not only do you need 4x UMR arrays but at least 2x the electronic infrastructure, maybe even 4x. Having a single mechanically slewing UMR array aft is a good compromise, IMO.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom