What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

Come on TF 2000 :)
we really need to hear it.
I think the detailed-design phase is about to end. TF2000 can be laying down in 2019.

(Integrated main mast)
maxresdefault.jpg

(Distributed over Bridge and Mast)
L_20180806153504881315.png

BTW it says "TF2000 Hava Savunma Harbi Muhribi" so it means "TF2000 Air Defence Destroyer" :what: and not a Frigate.

Actually "F" from TF-2000 stands for frigate.First plan was build a frigate but later its converted to destroyer because of high tonnage.

Actually "F" from TF-2000 stands for frigate.First plan was build a frigate but later its converted to destroyer because of high tonnage.

The transition is fluid. Put some additional weapons and you have a destroyer.

I think the detailed-design phase is about to end. TF2000 can be laying down in 2019.

(Integrated main mast)
maxresdefault.jpg

(Distributed over Bridge and Mast)
L_20180806153504881315.png

Let me correct you, precisely. TF-2000 has not been anywhere in detailed design phase yet,still in conceptual design phase. While naval shipyard is already busy with incoming I-class frigates,there are no practical chances of TF-2000's keel will going to be laid in 3 years. Noone but, only naval shipyard has capability of building such a ship. Unless otherwise ,someone is not pushing his nose into this business for purposes of rant, and hand the project over to some private shipyards under supervision of STM, it wont be laid before than 2020. In the earlier case, the project will be junk.

Navantia has been actively conducting visits in Ankara,meetings with STM and officials. Lets hope its for nothing but only for TCG Anadolu or Trakya.

Well before it’s laid down you will have a steel cutting ceremony

And going by previous projects Turkish are not shy to hold first steel cutting ceremony for their ships

So if it happens we will know about it via some media outlet

According to previous timelines final unit of Istanbul class won’t be completed before 2025

They can’t start DDG project until after

But my prediction would be ~2023 ish

Well before it’s laid down you will have a steel cutting ceremony

And going by previous projects Turkish are not shy to hold first steel cutting ceremony for their ships

So if it happens we will know about it via some media outlet

According to previous timelines final unit of Istanbul class won’t be completed before 2025

They can’t start DDG project until after

But my prediction would be ~2023 ish

Countermeasures and ED systems, CMS, navigational and other navionic suites, CIWS, national ASM and even torpedo systems will be ready in the very near future .I think there are 3 basic issues that need to be resolved for the start of the TF-2000 AAW project.

1. Çafrad main mast
2. Which air defense missiles will be choose (SM or Aster)
3. which integrated propulsion system will be choose

2nd, 3rd, and 4th I class frigates are planning to build in private shipyards within the STM coordination. So PENDİK ASFAT will probably laid down only first ship (TCG Istanbul).

Pendik Shipyard Turkey's largest shipbuilding center with annual steel processing capacity , technical facilities and its dry docks . So theoretically this shipyard probably uses very few of the infrastructure capacity. Of course, here is an area that requires a expertised, such as military shipbuilding standards and prototype processes, but briefly I would like to say that Pendik Shipyard is much larger than you think.

https://resmim.net/f/W7lXEg.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DcqvkhGXkAIxGLw.jpg

Dear Mr. Anmdt is not talking about production activities, i think. He reminds us of the difficulties in design-preparation process and supply planning.

Last edited:
Countermeasures and ED systems, navigation and other navionic suites, CIWS, national ASM and even torpedo systems will be ready in the very near future .I think there are 3 basic issues that need to be resolved for the start of the TF-2000 AAW project.

1. Çafrad main mast
2. Which air defense system will be choose (SM or Aster)
3. which integrated propulsion system will be choose

2nd, 3rd, and 4th I class frigates ships are planning to build in private shipyards within the STM coordination. So PENDİK ASFAT will probably laid down only first ship (TCG Istanbul).

Pendik Shipyard Turkey's largest shipbuilding center with annual steel processing capacity , technical facilities and its dry docks . So theoretically this shipyard probably uses very few of the infrastructure capacity. Of course, here is an area that requires a expertised, such as military shipbuilding standards and prototype processes, but briefly I would like to say that Pendik Shipyard is much larger than you think.

Dear Mr. Anmdt is not talking about production activities, i think. He reminds us of the difficulties in design-preparation process and supply planning.
In terms of air defense we also must not forget our national Hisar family air/missile defense systems.

Can we integrate Aster and Hisar system like SM2/3 integration? One for anti ballistic other for Air breathing targets.

Back
Top Bottom