What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

1) ASELSAN & Thales: APAR + SMART L+ ESSM + SM-2
2) HAVELSAN & LM: AEGIS + AN/SPY-1 + ESSM + SM-2/3
3) ASELSAN & BAE: SAMPSON + Aster 15/30

Atmaca Anti Ship Missile

guidance system is made by aselsan, fire control system prototype is made by ArMerKom
They are currently working on the integration of Atmaca ASM into a G-Class Frigate at Golcuk Shipyard... So the G-Class Frigate is the testing platform !

The First Variant of Atmaca should have a Range up to 70+ km, I read claims from other WAFF Members that the Range by further Developments should be increased and are capable to reach Supersonic Speed with Ramjet Engines.

yes bro! guess for a start and for agean 70+ is good enough! but as we all know max-range 70+ may mean lots of things

step 2) air launched ATMACA; SOM and Slam-er are over-kill for naval targets we need something else for this role!
there were romors about harpoon block 2 for new F 16 50+ and CIPP modernized ones! nothing has signed yet tough!

step 3) something with a Ramjet Engines.

we have to use this somewhere!!!
dsc03894.jpg

yes bro! guess for a start and for agean 70+ is good enough! but as we all know max-range 70+ may mean lots of things

step 2) air launched ATMACA; SOM and Slam-er are over-kill for naval targets we need something else for this role!
there were romors about harpoon block 2 for new F 16 50+ and CIPP modernized ones! nothing has signed yet tough!

step 3) something with a Ramjet Engines.

we have to use this somewhere!!!
dsc03894.jpg

I'd rather glad to see indigenous anti-Ship Weaponery on our Fighter Jets than Harpoons, no one knows if these Weapons are able to lock on Israeli or european Warships ! Regarding Ramjet I read Rumors in WAFF that Ramjet Powered anti - Radiation Missile like German Armiger is planned !

armiger-missiles.jpg

we need destroyers , battleships , and then nucleur submarines we cant go on with frigates and corvettes these are little country things

I think Turkey should try to replace its aging OHP Class frigates with a state of the art 5000-6000 Ton frigates
From what I know Turkey has 9 OHPs , i think it would be a good idea to replace 5 of them with an indigenous Design , like a 3500 Ton version of Milgen class , and follow it up with a Purchase of Foreign Design

I believe U.K. is looking at collaborations for its 6000 Ton Global Combat Ship Project ,
Royal Navy will only buy 6 of them , and according to BAE , they would need to make atleast 12 of them to break even , Hence U.K. has been offering them to Allies Like Canada , Australia , South Africa , India
India is considering Purchase of 3-4 of these Ships , I am pretty sure Turkey can ask for a Better deal from U.K. , coz they are part of NATO

Special chip design (ARMERKOM) for a unknown anti-ship missile (Atmaca ;))

cababt.jpg

A new Weapon consol for a Naval Missile System

ssm-1-2.jpg

Attention to Background, You can see the AKYA Torpedo (I think) The interview and the standing angel of Roketsan Manager has been prepared consciously.

kya.jpg

we need destroyers , battleships , and then nucleur submarines we cant go on with frigates and corvettes these are little country things

-nowadays you can only find battleships in history books, the last one that I know was USS Missouri and it was decommissioned in 1992!

- the distinctions between a corvette and a frigate or a frigate and a destroyer are getting blurry! so bro do not underestimate Milgem, TF 100? and TF 2000AAW

-nucleur submarines are arguably the most powerful " in terms of strength and mobility " weapons system ever!!! so they are not just some fancy toys without a cause!

not directly related with the post above but again just a pice of interesting info (in Turkish)

Admiral Ray Giggs comments on Australian Joint Project 2048 Phase 4 at sea power conference

http://www.siyahgribeyaz.com/2012/02/ckarma-gemileri-istemesi-kolay.html#more

canada , australia , south africa and india are not allies they are slaves of the UK they cant do anything without queens word they sing god save the queen

There is seriously something wrong with you if you can't answer a good observation without insulting that person. Go to a doctor or something.

It's a good observation that we have some old OHP, and I am not convinced that we should go for the new Combat ship project. However if we had the option of refitting it to our purpose perhaps something could be arranged.

I don't think that we need a destroyer for the time being, frigates and corvettes should suffice seeing as our location doesn't require the big classes.

Unfortunately I think some people don't think rational but dream of exaggerated things.

Interesting that the motors for the ASPIDE systems are done by Roketsan.
Seems we underestimate the thinking of decision makers in Pakistan.
So the SPADA 2000 systems are not dependent on just Italy.
Where the upkeep of their motors are concerned.. Roketsan is the company to go to.

Interesting that the motors for the ASPIDE systems are done by Roketsan.
Seems we underestimate the thinking of decision makers in Pakistan.
So the SPADA 2000 systems are not dependent on just Italy.
Where the upkeep of their motors are concerned.. Roketsan is the company to go to.

"Roketsan's export business is in steady rise with production of ESSM parts, control actuator system of the Patrriot Gem-T missile, NSM launncher and design/development of advanced ASPIDE rocket motor"

Army Materiel Command - (68)

preview

i want turkey to have atleast 1 destroyer as well as nucleur submarines

Back
Top Bottom