What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

Do you use same criticism for German army as well? I mean, tank battalions, tornado jets, navy, all either malfunction or just cannot join any operation. This is from today;

http://www.haberturk.com/alman-torn...nimi-icin-uygun-olmadigi-ortaya-cikti-1900170
Basicly says "German tornado jets are not capable for NATO missions".
http://www.haberturk.com/alman-ordusunda-leopard-skandali-1717578
Basicly says "more than half of the Leopard-2 tanks in German army is malfunction"

That M48 can at least go and fire it's cannon as it supposed to o_O

The current situation of Bundeswehr is a disaster. I know many disasters in many armies. But we are here in Turkish section and talk about Turkish army. The situation of our army has no effect of yours.

Btw, is Turkey working on a sub based VLS? I heard that Pakistan has start a cruise missile from a submarine. But I don’t know if they start from a VLS tube or from torpedo tube.

But we are here in Turkish section and talk about Turkish army.
Yes, that is why i gave example from your army to ask if you give same criticism to your own army or not.

Since, that is the difference, even if you give last-tech equipment to one army they would messed it up. If you give antique equipment to one army, that army can keep them pretty good like it has been born yesterday and still operational with no problem.

Btw the video is no drill or practice :lol: They just test if system on ship work well to make sure that ship is ready for delivery to the Navy.

They could use Iron bars, or barrels filled with water, to simulate the mass of the tank in those systems to see if they rotate/lift or not. But you know, it's easier to move a tank around since it has strong engine and tracks.

It is normal to question about old (very old) platforms and arms in a nato army in 2018. Nothing bad here.

Especially a country like Turkey which can design , build and buy newest systems.

But you know ; Turkish land forces are huge amount. They are operating an expensive asimetric war for 40 years. And sources are limited.. this a priorety subject. i mean we donate "must" units better..

Take germany, it has one side for war.. and so they decide 250 tanks are enough.

But we have 360° danger zone and "must" have 1500+ tanks. so have to keep alive older ones, untill the newers come.

Last edited:
Take germany, it has one side for war.. and so they decide 250 tanks are enough.

But we have 360° danger zone and "must" have 1500+ tanks. so have to keep alive older ones, untill the newers come.

I think you commented in wrong topic. People here talk about "the situation of the tanks in armies", not "amount of the tanks".

Last edited:
I think you commented in wrong topic. People here talk about "the situation of the tanks in armies", not "amount of the tanks".

nobe ;

If 250 tanks are the amount of you need ; you can keep them new generation allways. ( also even 5 trillion dolars budget germany can't keep their tanks alive.)

If you have to have 1500+ tanks , you can't buy 1500 newest generation tanks. you would have different generations and versions af tanks.. so we had...

Quantity and Qualty balance.

If 250 tanks are the amount of you need ; you can keep them new generation allways. ( also even 5 trillion dolars budget germany can't keep their tanks alive.)

People here talk about "the situation of the tanks in armies", not "amount of the tanks".

People here talk about "the situation of the tanks in armies", not "amount of the tanks".
I think you are disable of understanding or you are 10 years old elementery school student.

I am very regretfull that i answered to you.

Last edited:
The current situation of Bundeswehr is a disaster. I know many disasters in many armies. But we are here in Turkish section and talk about Turkish army. The situation of our army has no effect of yours.

Btw, is Turkey working on a sub based VLS? I heard that Pakistan has start a cruise missile from a submarine. But I don’t know if they start from a VLS tube or from torpedo tube.
No, Turkey even isnt working on surface vessel based VLS. Even national submarine studies are not quite promising , the facilities are not adequate to conduct serious experiments at the moment.

Luckily within 2 years, one massive cavitation/water (acoutics combined) tunnel will be in service. Crew is well trained and experinced , ready for the system. (Officially called Katmansis)

Meanwhile another facility is under construction, a deep and large (250 x 250 x 25 meters rumours)maneuvering tank seems quite adequate for underwater studies. (No name has given for project)

After those two projects are completed,i dont see any troubles on design of sub based cruise vessel. But for a VLS i have no clues.

On the other hands there are some confidential projects going on between navy officials and a few universities related with underwater acoustics and measurements . İ could extend the explanation once the project has been unveiled to public.

Some of these are off topic, but meant for delivering some good news.

No, Turkey even isnt working on surface vessel based VLS. Even national submarine studies are not quite promising , the facilities are not adequate to conduct serious experiments at the moment.

Luckily within 2 years, one massive cavitation/water (acoutics combined) tunnel will be in service. Crew is well trained and experinced , ready for the system. (Officially called Katmansis)

Meanwhile another facility is under construction, a deep and large (250 x 250 x 25 meters rumours)maneuvering tank seems quite adequate for underwater studies. (No name has given for project)

After those two projects are completed,i dont see any troubles on design of sub based cruise vessel. But for a VLS i have no clues.

On the other hands there are some confidential projects going on between navy officials and a few universities related with underwater acoustics and measurements . İ could extend the explanation once the project has been unveiled to public.

Cavitation tunnel test center? This could mean you are working on cavitation torpedo also.

German Tornado Aircraft No Longer Fit for NATO Operations - Reports
14:16 01.04.2018
The technical condition of many jets leaves much to be desired as they are incapable of fulfilling operational needs within the military bloc, a report by the German defense ministry said.

All German Tornado aircraft are no longer capable of carrying out tasks within NATO due to outdated equipment, German magazine Spiegel has reported, citing confidential report of the German Defense Ministry.

According to the media outlet, the report has revealed many critical details. For instance, the electronics installed on all 93 Tornado planes in the 1980s are completely outdated. The jets are not sufficiently tap-proof and do not possess an encrypted communication system, which is mandatory in all international missions.

In addition, the aircraft has no friend-enemy detection system which is required in NATO operations in order to avoid erroneous attacks on allied jets.

READ MORE: Twitter Ablaze Over German Defense Minister's Proposal on Afghanistan

The Defense Ministry is confident that in their current condition the jets should "no longer participate in any NATO operation." However, any modernization of the aircraft won't be complete until 2019, when new equipment within NATO operations will become mandatory.

Earlier, German Defense Minister Ursula von der Leyen had said that the aircraft was expected to be deployed at least until 2035, when a suitable replacement could be found.

Von der Leyen also acknowledged that the technical condition of many Bundeswehr combat systems do not correspond to existing and ever increasing operational needs. This, in particular, applies to helicopters, aircraft, tanks and ships.

Tornado planes are currently involved in an international mission to fight the Daesh terrorist group in Syria and Iraq.

This what I meant with disaster.

Siz duymadınız diye yok değildir.

We have national vls works, you can see in tweet flood.. i have no time for official ssm source but mr.sunnetcu is enough.

Yakisir... VLS was our only short coming in missile range and now that void has also been filled this news couldn't be anymore delightful, sounds brilliant. :pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom