What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

LHD or LPD, which ever terminology you use.. Depending on what the ship is designed for it can also accommodate a role as an Light Aircraft Carrier. Check the Spanish navy out.

LHD or LPD, which ever terminology you use.. Depending on what the ship is designed for it can also accommodate a role as an Light Aircraft Carrier. Check the Spanish navy out.

LHD = Landing Heli Deck
LPD = Landing Platform Dock

I may be wrong but after a quick study the difference I can see is that LHD is designed to carry aircraft only while a LPD is designed to carry both aircraft and ground forces.

The Juan Carlos was a Spanish LHD that visited Turkey during IDEF 2011 which is surprising considering Turkey is focusing on her amphibious operation capabilities and all released 3D's are for LPDs.

A Juan Carlos in Turkish hands will definitely be a carrier for F-35 combat aircraft if Turkey decides to later build or purchase carrier version of the F-35 :yahoo:

Domestic LPD from RMK Marine

51060272.jpg

its all a race, china is attempting to close the gap with the US, smaller countries simply cannot try to complete in everything, it will result in them being good at nothing, choose some areas your good at and race for world class status

Please do not confuse land in regards to what countries are "small" in defense technology.

Example: Russia, USA & China are all advancing ahead with their military technology but other contenders such as Germany, France & Israel are also at equal (in a lot of areas) or superior levels (in some areas) to the formers mentioned.

I am not talking about classified technology here, I am talking about the general race in military technology. For example: the best tanks in the world arguably come from Germany as well as non nuclear submarines (through the sheer number of countries using them).

When considering what country is small & which one is not we must distinguish it in the sense of the world top 20 economies. Turkey for example has the money to burn where as our neighbor who is in economic meltdown does not and pleads for mutual defense cuts in military spending due to their paranoia.

A nation's defense industry is determined by it's economy, not by it's size. Russia early after the Soviet Union break up had a near zero defense industry with many weapons degrading over time causing breakdowns & in some cases ordnance exploding (Russian tanks have this negatively relevant status, see Youtube for recent Russian arms depo explosion). Only in the last few years due to a change in government did Russia restart their investment in their arms industry, so the world's largest nation by land mass at one point had a negligible arms industry.

Remember: Hungry soldiers do not fight, they go home.

The fourth boat of the New Type Patrol Boat class, P-1203 TCG Kumkale has started the builders trials. She was sighted on 25 August 2011. Totally 16 OPV will be built.

p1203.jpg

p1203_1.jpg

Aircraft Carrier could become neccesary in the next Decade, to show strong Presence in Eastern Mediteran. We also have martime interest on the Balkan and arabian Sea !

I think we should buy a regular 45-75 Ton Aircraft carrier like most europeneun countries.

Back
Top Bottom